(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 210 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 133.
#6451 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

Do you all think that displeasure is not already registered? It is already registered. I think what some on the forum are saying is that more displeasure does not really change anything. In fact I expect CGC to be displeased as well ... so everyone is displeased, now what. I think at some point you realize that more time making phone calls and emails etc etc does not change anything - the displeasure is already abundant.

Well, if you guys communicated what was happening and providing updates then you probably wouldn’t be dealing with the phone calls and “displeasure”

Not too much to expect really

#6452 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, if you guys communicated what was happening and providing updates then you probably wouldn’t be dealing with the phone calls.
Not too much to expect.

You've been around here for a long time ... it's not 'us' guys - we are not Chicago Gaming Company ... they are the ones making the game, delaying the game, not shipping the game, etc. ... so please let's not confuse everyone ... at least let's get this part right! Thx

#6454 1 year ago

Hey @pps, can you please make or supply the knocker cable for the remakes please. All the knocker parts on your website are available except the knocker cable. Thanks!

#6456 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

You've been around here for a long time ... it's not 'us' guys - we are not Chicago Gaming Company ... they are the ones making the game, delaying the game, not shipping the game, etc. ... so please let's not confuse everyone ... at least let's get this part right! Thx

Reading between the lines, I think Ice feels you might know more about what's causing the delays than us peons.

I'm just curious if you are more frustrated with CGC or Haggis? I have deposits on both and it's certainly an exercise in patience.

#6457 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:Deleted post

Totally uncalled for.

#6458 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

Seriously? You just posted a summary of a PM you had with him?

Lol.

PS: I wasn’t interested.

#6459 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Lol.
PS: I wasn’t interested.

Same.

#6460 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

Doug was communicating on Pinside and via pm during the announcement.

Crickets since. I assume you guys have the communication pipeline with CGC as licensors? Or not?

Any news and transparency is good. Delays? Just be honest with people and that goes a long ways.

It’s really not the delay for me, plenty of games to play, just the radio silence and confusion.

I get that you can’t deliver a game they haven’t produced

#6461 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Hey PPS, can you please make or supply the knocker cable for the remakes please. All the knocker parts on your website are available except the knocker cable. Thanks!

Second this. Would love to have a real knocker on AFMr and CCr.

#6462 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Second this. Would love to have a real knocker on AFMr and CCr.

A real knocker on a game that has “gunshots” seems like a no brainer or missed opportunity.

#6463 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

Ok, I feel your pain. Obviously this is not a great situation for PPS of any of the distributors.

Does anyone know why CGC won’t give a status update. Just weird

#6464 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Does anyone know why CGC won’t give a status update. Just weird

I can only speculate that the truth would send some folks to the exits. Maybe CGC hopes that by staying silent more customers will wait around. Or maybe there is an issue they don’t want to admit to (legs/decals/audio) bc if they did, there’d be an influx of claims from SE owners.

Herein lies the problem; since CGC hasn’t told us directly all we can do is speculate.

#6465 1 year ago

Despite what some are saying in this thread, I did have to put down a nonrefundable deposit. Given that fact I would appreciate some kind of update. I can wait for the game, but I don’t think it’s too much to ask an official status update. CGC has built up a ton of goodwill with their great games and quality product, but that shouldn’t excuse the total lack of communication. It seems like the distributors may also be in the dark. If there is an issue I think a little bit of honesty and transparency would go along way.

#6466 1 year ago

I just was informed that no LE's would be going out until next year, due to a part being reworked (Ryan's call). Boo

#6467 1 year ago

Oh we are getting "REWORKED" alright. And I do believe that's Ryan's call.

#6468 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just was informed that no LE's would be going out until next year, due to a part being reworked (Ryan's call). Boo

This is just sad ... pinball is hard!
Seemingly harder on CGC .

#6469 1 year ago

If the topper really is the hold up why not ship them separately. I mean they could re-tool and get it right but still deliver machines and make money. All the while keeping their customer base confidence. Then if the toppers are ready by next year they can go back to strapping them on top. Hey CGC I can volunteer. You can ship me my topper later. I have funds burning a hole in my pocket.

#6470 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

If the topper really is the hold up why not ship them separately. I mean they could re-tool and get it right but still deliver machines and make money. All the while keeping their customer base confidence. Then if the toppers are ready by next year they can go back to strapping them on top. Hey CGC I can volunteer. You can ship me my topper later. I have funds burning a hole in my pocket.

There are quite a few reasons why it’s not practical (it was discussed). See the FAQ and related discussion in the owners thread.

(Sounds simple, but isn’t)

#6472 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

[quoted image]

Does this mean that LEs are shipping?

#6473 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

[quoted image]

Is there cause for celebration or just trolling?

#6474 1 year ago
Quoted from tx51210:

Is there cause for celebration or just trolling?

Maybe a little of both

#6475 1 year ago

With all the delays, no way they are trolling us.

#6476 1 year ago

Anybody know what this tool makes?
mysteryx (resized).jpgmysteryx (resized).jpg

#6477 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

[quoted image]

Saloon doors?

#6478 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

[quoted image]

Hopefully it makes people feel much happier about getting their LEs.

#6479 1 year ago

No way. Seriously? Saloon doors?

#6480 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

[quoted image]

Oh Rick you kidder…

Don’t you dare get our hopes up!! Bastard!

#6481 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:Anybody know what this tool makes?
[quoted image]

Grilled cheese sandwiches.

#6482 1 year ago

Injection mold

#6483 1 year ago

Yeah, it looks like an injection mold, or at least half of one.

#6484 1 year ago

I'm not looking for handouts.. ok maybe I am.. it would sure be nice to give the LE buyers a little spiff for jumping in early (before SE+ ever existed) and having a $1,000 deposit tied up for over a year. With little communication.

But, a less expensive software upgrade or some saloon doors would sure be nice.

And, you know, if it doesn't happen.. I'm still excited for my game and know it will be worth the wait... But, a guy can hope...

#6485 1 year ago

looks like the saloon doors and hinges

#6486 1 year ago

It makes people get excited for no apparent reason

#6487 1 year ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

It makes people get excited for no apparent reason

Meh. It was a fun distraction.

#6488 1 year ago

I’m just gonna head down to the local barcade and put all the wear and tear of learning the rules onto someone else’s playfield. Other than the fact whoever sets up the machines apparently doesn’t own a level or know what pitch means, the SEs play great for 50 cents a game.

#6489 1 year ago

I really hope PPS doesn’t leave us hanging.

I’m not in the mood to be teased.

#6490 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I really hope PPS doesn’t leave us hanging.

I think they did!

#6491 1 year ago

Man would it be EPIC if cgc put the saloon doors on the LE model , making it a true LE. No complaining on timing for me, I have too much crap to do anywho.

#6492 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I think they did!

We’re going to have a riot on our hands if they don’t speak up
Soon!

#6493 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

We’re going to have a riot on our hands if they don’t speak up
Soon!

#6494 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Man would it be EPIC if cgc put the saloon doors on the LE model , making it a true LE. No complaining on timing for me, I have too much crap to do anywho.

I don’t think they would do that. I assume they would want to make whatever it is avail to both SE and LE/SE+ buyers.

But you never know!

Richard

#6495 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I think they did!

If they tell us today then it is just building suspense, which is reasonable.

If they don’t tell us today then they are definitely teasing us.

If they don’t tell us at all then they are trolling us, which would not be proper customer service.

#6496 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

[quoted image]

Tell us!

#6497 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I don’t think they would do that. I assume they would want to make whatever it is avail to both SE and LE/SE+ buyers.
But you never know!
Richard

ehhhhh everyone complained the le wasn't le enough...... maybe it is just installed in the le but a kit for others :shrug:

#6498 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

ehhhhh everyone complained the le wasn't le enough...... maybe it is just installed in the le but a kit for others :shrug:

Ohh. That would be good!

#6499 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

If they tell us today then it is just building suspense, which is reasonable.
If they don’t tell us today then they are definitely teasing us.
If they don’t tell us at all then they are trolling us, which would not be proper customer service.

My thought is we won't hear anything until the first person cracks open the LE box and reports back.

#6500 1 year ago

I just received the tracking number for my CCR LE!

Screenshot_20221117_134847 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221117_134847 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/130 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.