(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

10 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,339 posts
  • 588 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Quadrat
  • Topic is favorited by 237 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 48 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 106 votes
    17%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 299 votes
    47%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    29%

(640 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CCRLE Mirrored Backglass (resized).jpeg
WeightySoreBalloonfish-max-1mb.gif
88296729-D4C4-45D2-B024-D9291E47A6D0 (resized).jpeg
F277E914-0AD6-4478-A815-F766369100A6 (resized).jpeg
Cactus_Canyon_Sideblades_2_copy (resized).jpg
Cactus-Canyon-SideBlade--8 (resized).jpg
Cactus-Canyon-SideBlade--7 (resized).jpg
Cactus-Canyon-SideBlade--6 (resized).jpg
Cactus-Canyon-SideBlade--5 (resized).jpg
Cactus-Canyon-SideBlade--4 (resized).jpg
Cactus-Canyon-SideBlade--2 (resized).jpg
Cactus-Canyon-SideBlade--3 (resized).jpg
Cactus-Canyon-SideBlade--1 (resized).jpg
Cactus_Canyon_Sideblades_2-social-media_12 (resized).jpg
Cactus_Canyon_Sideblades_2-social-media_10 (resized).jpg
Cactus_Canyon_Sideblades_2-social-media_11 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 127.
#6251 39 days ago
Quoted from jorant:

Hey all, I've been away a long time and hate to ask such a sensitive question, but is it fair to say there is no plan for additional software coming out, now?

There is an update coming with all the work done by Lyman and Josh Sharpe.

#6252 39 days ago
Quoted from jorant:

Hey all, I've been away a long time and hate to ask such a sensitive question, but is it fair to say there is no plan for additional software coming out, now?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/103#post-6745058

#6253 39 days ago
Quoted from jorant:

but is it fair to say there is no plan for additional software coming out, now?

No, not fair.

The game ships with original and also extended. Operator/owner can select, not player.

Josh Sharp was working with Lyman on Lyman's update. It was all mapped out what he wanted to do. So at some point we will see Lyman's update finished and available.

LTG : )

#6254 39 days ago
Quoted from jorant:

Check FAQ .....
tons of info there

#6255 39 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

No, not fair.
The game ships with original and also extended. Operator/owner can select, not player.
Josh Sharp was working with Lyman on Lyman's update. It was all mapped out what he wanted to do. So at some point we will see Lyman's update finished and available.
LTG : )

Also, I'll add that the current CGC extended code all ready adds quite a bit and makes noticeable improvements.

#6256 39 days ago
Quoted from jorant:

There will be additional code coming as part of the optional upgrade kit.
Everything we know (not much) and comments from Josh are in the FAQ. The upgrade kit has its own section.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town

#6257 39 days ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

There is an update coming with all the work done by Lyman and Josh Sharpe.

To clarify - Josh isn’t a programmer. I’m sure Sam and others will be finishing the code but using the roadmap and with Josh’s direction.

#6258 38 days ago

Hi everyone!
I'm odering another batch of the Cactus Canyon SideBlades I illustrated.
Already shipped a ton out and people seem really pleased with them.
If you'd like a set, you can order one here:
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product-category/pinball-and-arcade-artwork/
THANK YOU!!!

Cactus_Canyon_Sideblades_2_copy (resized).jpgCactus_Canyon_Sideblades_2-social-media_02 (resized).jpgCactus_Canyon_Sideblades_2-social-media_10 (resized).jpgCactus_Canyon_Sideblades_2-social-media_11 (resized).jpgCactus_Canyon_Sideblades_2-social-media_12 (resized).jpgCactus-Canyon-SideBlade--1 (resized).jpgCactus-Canyon-SideBlade--2 (resized).jpgCactus-Canyon-SideBlade--3 (resized).jpgCactus-Canyon-SideBlade--4 (resized).jpgCactus-Canyon-SideBlade--5 (resized).jpgCactus-Canyon-SideBlade--6 (resized).jpgCactus-Canyon-SideBlade--7 (resized).jpgCactus-Canyon-SideBlade--8 (resized).jpg
#6259 38 days ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Hi everyone!
THANK YOU!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I wonder if these can be installed over the existing decals that will be on the LEs? I really like your artwok on these pinblades.

#6260 37 days ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Hi everyone!
THANK YOU!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I wish CGC hired u to design the blades for the LE....

#6261 37 days ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Hi everyone!
THANK YOU!!!

Please do a static topper. It would be epic!

#6262 37 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I wish CGC hired u to design the blades for the LE....

Brian’s style clashes with that of John Youssi (in part, by design)

I like that Chris intentionally did the LE art blades in John’s style.

#6263 36 days ago

Yeah Brains translite just doesn’t suit imo. I won’t be buying for my LE, I have the mirrored Glass coming anyway.

#6264 36 days ago
Quoted from Inittowinit:

I have the mirrored Glass coming anyway.

Maybe

The backglasses are at least two months overdue in shipping and we’ve had no update from PPS so you’;l have the translite for the forseeable future.
Rick told me we’d know when the PPS customers got their shipping notice so if any PPS customer know more, please post.

#6265 36 days ago
Quoted from Inittowinit:

Yeah Brains translite just doesn’t suit imo. I won’t be buying for my LE, I have the mirrored Glass coming anyway.

Imo the original backglass is very outdated! Now the Brian Allen backglass is newschool and fresh, just like CGC has remade the game to be.
The OG translite art never stood out to that of MM or MB's translite IMO and now the brian Allen art does!
I assume from your avatar that you are a fan of the classics so I'm not surprised by your opinion to want to keep it as original as possible.
I've shown the backglass pics of the OG and BA translite to over 30 people who all have an unbiased opinion and everyone likes the Brian Allen's art better.

#6266 36 days ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

Imo the original backglass is very outdated! Now the Brian Allen backglass is newschool and fresh, just like CGC has remade the game to be.
The OG translite art never stood out to that of MM or MB's translite IMO and now the brian Allen art does!
I assume from your avatar that you are a fan of the classics so I'm not surprised by your opinion to want to keep it as original as possible.
I've shown the backglass pics of the OG and BA translite to over 30 people who all have an unbiased opinion and everyone likes the Brian Allen's art better.

I’ve also heard of others liking original better. I do have an iPhone 13 pro max and AirPods Pro, I do like working on the F-35 better than than the FA/18; so don’t make assumptions based on the classic car in my garage as I also have a 2019 BMW 140i. To me & many others the Alternate backglass just looks too busy & imo the colours don’t quite work. But thanks for your reply, each to their own.

#6267 36 days ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

Imo the original backglass is very outdated! Now the Brian Allen backglass is newschool and fresh …

The original translite fits the game quite nicely. It’s for a game designed 20+ ago to have a classic old west feel. “newschool and fresh” is the exact opposite of the intent for Cactus Canyon.

There is nothing wrong with Brian’s art. I happen to like it as a standalone piece but it simply doesn’t fit on the game. CGC was very careful to change the game only in ways consistent with what the original design team would have done had they had the time and technology and Brian’s doesn’t fit that at all.

As far as I know CGC has zero input/control on alternate artwork - that’s between the artist and PPS. I suspect there are some there dismayed that they went through all the work to tweak/improve the original game only to have “in your face edgy art” overshadow what they did with the game.

#6268 36 days ago
Quoted from Inittowinit:

I’ve also heard of others liking original better. I do have an iPhone 13 pro max and AirPods Pro, I do like working on the F-35 better than than the FA/18; so don’t make assumptions based on the classic car in my garage as I also have a 2019 BMW 140i. To me & many others the Alternate backglass just looks too busy & imo the colours don’t quite work. But thanks for your reply, each to their own.

Wow you really took my none offensive comment "you must like the classics" to go on a full out bragging spree! You have good tast in cars but we can agree to disagree on the translite convo.lol.

#6269 36 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

The original translite fits the game quite nicely. It’s for a game designed 20+ ago to have a classic old west feel. “newschool and fresh” is the exact opposite of the intent for Cactus Canyon.
There is nothing wrong with Brian’s art. I happen to like it as a standalone piece but it simply doesn’t fit on the game. CGC was very careful to change the game only in ways consistent with what the original design team would have done had they had the time and technology and Brian’s doesn’t fit that at all.
As far as I know CGC has zero input/control on alternate artwork - that’s between the artist and PPS. I suspect there are some there dismayed that they went through all the work to tweak/improve the original game only to have “in your face edgy art” overshadow what they did with the game.

“In your face edgy” is well said. I think the alternates are really well done and have no issue with others using them, but I’m more inclined to appreciate them as standalone pieces. The art blades also seem incongruous with the world under glass. Caters very well to the same demographic that has been hooked by all the recent music themes.

#6270 36 days ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

Wow you really took my none offensive comment "you must like the classics" to go on a full out bragging spree! You have good tast in cars but we can agree to disagree on the translite convo.lol.

No, not offended, just saying I’m not
Partial to classics and I do like Modern stuff, it’s just my and some others opinion is that the alternate artwork doesn’t fit CCr. Don’t be so touchy mate; it’s all good

#6271 35 days ago
Quoted from kapaun:

The art blades also seem incongruous with the world under glass.

Agree. I’m getting the LE so wouldn’t use other blades anyway. But I’m going to be careful with modding CCr. Preserving/honoring/extending the Cactus Canyon world under glass was very important to many involved, especially Lyman, so if it doesn’t fit it’s not going on my game.

I’m probably going to pass on mods I was excited for because they just wouldn’t exist in that world (e.g. “Trick Shot Train Station”) or just don’t fit.

#6272 35 days ago
Quoted from Inittowinit:

Same mate. I went with the mirrored too. I had one in the AFMRLE and it looked great. Not heaps of mirroring but enough to give it that little something extra..... and then I sold it, another regret lol.

#6273 35 days ago

As far as alternate trans lights it is a case by case/personal taste situation. I have them in TS,STTNG, ST and Brian's in White Water. For the record, I like all Brian's work, but his art does not fit for me in every head box situation. In the case of WW , for me, it works great. The trans light really pops and does not clash with the rest of the game. I did not get the ones for MM or AFM because for some reason they do not fit my eye in the head box.

His work on CCr is outstanding and if I had gotten the SE, it would be in my back box along with the side blades. World under glass. As I am lucky to have the LE coming, I will keep it original , I believe with the mirrored back glass (fingers crossed) it will stay that way. I could be tempted to buy Brian's CCr if it is available down the road however. I really like it!

#6274 35 days ago

Part of the beauty of these games is WE, the owners get to decide how our game looks. If you want to go crazy modding your game, great… if you like the original feel then great. Aren’t we all here to enjoy the awesome hobby of pinball and discuss all the different things we can do to this game? I’m buying the alternate translite as I like to collect pinball art, not sure if I put in game. Hope you all have a great weekend and keep flippin!!!

#6275 35 days ago

While the art may clash, I actually think operators might benefit from swapping the trans. People seem to be drawn much more to the game from that artwork in my setting. I actually like it and am not as much a creative to notice clash with it or the art blades.

#6276 35 days ago
Quoted from polishedball:

While the art may clash, I actually think operators might benefit from swapping the trans. People seem to be drawn much more to the game from that artwork in my setting. I actually like it and am not as much a creative to notice clash with it or the art blades.

Most people playing on location aren’t going to care about the history of the game. If the alternate art draws them to the game and encourages coin drop, it’s good for pinball.

#6277 35 days ago

For me the translite art isn't an add on its a replacement and liking the older art more or not I couldn't justify spending money to completely replace something. Particularly when there is nothing wrong with the original. Prefer to spend my money on more significant improvements.... not that any iteration of this game needs any fixing.

#6278 35 days ago

Any recent LE shipping rumors going around? Still looking like fall?

#6279 35 days ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Any recent LE shipping rumors going around? Still looking like fall?

CGC seems to have delivered around 450 of the initial run of 500 SEs.

If they stick to their original plan, the first LEs should start coming off the line in a couple of weeks.

#6280 35 days ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

CGC seems to have delivered around 450 of the initial run of 500 SEs.
If they stick to their original plan, the first LEs should start coming of the line in a couple of weeks.

Nice. That would be much better than this fall. I'm trying to be patient, it's difficult LOL.

#6281 34 days ago

Nice. That would be much better than this fall. I'm trying to be patient, it's difficult LOL.

They currently seem to be able to produce around 40 games a week. So depending on what number you receive in the 1250 LE lot. You still may be waiting until fall or winter.

That being said, it seems like their production is slowly ramping up. So hopefully they will be able to churn through them pretty quickly.

#6282 34 days ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

They currently seem to be able to produce around 40 games a week. So depending on what number you receive in the 1250 LE lot. You still may be waiting until fall or winter.
That being said, it seems like their production is slowly ramping up. So hopefully they will be able to churn through them pretty quickly.

Even at 50/week you are looking at 25 weeks for them to make all of the LEs.... so if they start the LE lot during the first week of June they should be through with the half of the LEs by early October.

#6283 34 days ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Even at 50/week you are looking at 25 weeks for them to make all of the LEs.... so if they start the LE lot during the first week of June they should be through with the half of the LEs by early October.

As I had guessed before...my LE will be here in spring, 2023

(I hope that I'm wrong and that it arrives earlier than that).

#6284 34 days ago

Cross posted, but in case anyone is not following both threads, LerMods undercab lighting for MM works fine on the CCr SE.

Also Josh was on Final Round PP, Ep56 and had some mentions of CC code. 26 minute mark

#6285 34 days ago

Some cactus talk was uploaded yesterday.

F277E914-0AD6-4478-A815-F766369100A6 (resized).jpeg
#6286 34 days ago
Quoted from shokel328:

Some cactus talk was uploaded yesterday.
[quoted image]

I'm 16 minutes in and this is testing my patience. There is nothing more boring than listening to people talk about tournament play.

#6287 34 days ago

I'm 16 minutes in and this is testing my patience. There is nothing more boring than listening to people talk about tournament play.

In my post above his I stated it was at the 26 minute mark

#6288 34 days ago
Quoted from polishedball:

In my post above his I stated it was at the 26 minute mark

Thanks, didn't see that.

#6289 34 days ago

There is nothing more boring than listening to people talk about tournament play.

Many of us would disagree with this assertion.

#6290 34 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Many of us would disagree with this assertion.

Understood, I just find it boring.

#6291 32 days ago

K

And then keep that little thought to yourself then. So negative.

#6292 31 days ago

I appreciate your honest opinion on this matter! Say it loud and proud! Don't let anyone say you are not allowed to have a view on a topic just because they don't agree with it. You tell them you will not be silenced!!!

#6293 31 days ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

And then keep that little thought to yourself then. So negative.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with what he said. He was just stating his opinion which he is entitled to do. He wasn’t being rude or disrespectful.

#6294 31 days ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I don’t think there is anything wrong with what he said. He was just stating his opinion which he is entitled to do. He wasn’t being rude or disrespectful.

His opinion also happened to be correct!

#6295 31 days ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

His opinion also happened to be correct!

It’s not a matter of right or wrong. It’s just an opinion and if you agree with it or not. More importantly, it’s all about being respectful!

#6296 30 days ago

Got my spot ready to go…. Just playing the waiting game now

88296729-D4C4-45D2-B024-D9291E47A6D0 (resized).jpeg
#6297 29 days ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Got my spot ready to go…. Just playing the waiting game now
[quoted image]

Awesome line-up

#6298 29 days ago

When are the LEs shipping?

#6299 29 days ago
Quoted from bent98:

most likely over the next year, but no confirmations on ship or build dates. A little over 500 SE's have been build by best guessing serial numbers

#6300 29 days ago
Quoted from bent98:

They should start shipping very soon but it will it looks like it’ll take 6-7 months to build them all.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Blackwood, NJ
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 6,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 127.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!