(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 210 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 133.
#6101 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

I know with my AFMR I had to turn down the playfield insert lights to the dimmest setting because it was sooooo bright. I wonder if I will have to do the same with this one as well.

Early reports say yes. Even the lowest setting (-3) is too bright. I already got some light diffusers for mine.

#6102 2 years ago

Just curious, is there an expected delivery window for this game? I know it's going to be awhile.

If I put down a deposit on this today...... end of the year? Next year? Anyone know?

I watched the stream from the pinball show, was so impressed with them...... they deserve another sale.

Thanks!

#6103 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Just curious, is there an expected delivery window for this game? I know it's going to be awhile.

If I put down a deposit on this today...... end of the year? Next year? Anyone know?

I watched the stream from the pinball show, was so impressed with them...... they deserve another sale.

Thanks!

Contact a CGC dealer. Each dealers allocation and orders are different

#6104 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Thanks!

Those that know aren’t saying. And it will vary somewhat based on your distributor. But if I were a betting man, I wouldn’t bet on 2023.

#6105 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Those that know aren’t saying. And it will vary somewhat based on your distributor. But if I were a betting man, I wouldn’t bet on 2023.

Wouldn't bet on 2023? So you mean 2024?

#6106 2 years ago

Anyone get any further information about production or deliveries of the LE's ?

#6107 2 years ago
Quoted from Gbailey069:

CGC and distributors completely silent on the issue so its probably Q3 or Q4 at best

#6108 2 years ago

I just watched the CGC presentation, and I thought it was very informative and well done. It addressed many design improvements and also discussed why the game has been delayed so long. It's nice that they can admit designs problems, and put the effort into actually fixing them. My only complaint is why CGC didn't inform customers prior to TPF? I for one would have been fine with delays due to design challenges.

#6109 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I just watched the CGC presentation, and I thought it was very informative and well done. It addressed many design improvements and also discussed why the game has been delayed so long. It's nice that they can admit designs problems, and put the effort into actually fixing them. My only complaint is why CGC didn't inform customers prior to TPF? I for one would have been fine with delays due to design challenges.

Can you share the design improvements and problems?

#6110 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Can you share the design improvements and problems?

Drop targets, play field wear, sensors, etc.....

#6112 2 years ago
Quoted from Gbailey069:

Yes.

#6113 2 years ago

There is no new info on the kit in that post. See the club FAQ and later comments for more. The only “news” is that “we would still like to” and “we plan to” have been replaced by “we are doing”. This was about as close to an announcement as actually announcing the product save for details of the hardware and kit cost.

#6116 2 years ago

Oh that’s great

#6117 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I was playing my Godzilla and had several great games today. Love this game and maybe Sterns best ever.
If you're not familiar, there's voice call out by the announcer and he says, "Launch is Lit".
Which is always followed by me saying, "And so am I".
(Feeling nostalgic for my CC)

Must've been an autocorrect error... the quote is "Lock is lit and so am I."

#6118 1 year ago

What’s the status of LE deliveries?

#6119 1 year ago

Any Aussies received theirs ?

#6120 1 year ago
Quoted from KenPin:

No LEs have been shipped yet. The most up to date information on production/deliveries will be in the opening post of the club thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town

in the commentary and under the “Let’s Move to Cactus Canyon!” section of the FAQ

#6121 1 year ago
Quoted from KenPin:

6 - 12 months

#6122 1 year ago

Wow, 6-12 months?

I inquired about an SE or SE+ with a distro right after the Texas show and they said either of those models would be fulfilled by July if I placed a deposit (Monday).

#6123 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:Wow, 6-12 months?
I inquired about an SE or SE+ with a distro right after the Texas show and they said either of those models would be fulfilled by July if I placed a deposit (Monday).

The way I understand it they are making 500 SE models followed by the 1250 LE models and then the SE+ models. So getting the SE possible but the SE + may be a bit of a stretch.

#6124 1 year ago

Um, no. Barring some major unforeseen problem that’s an order of magnitude off. If you have hard info to back that up, PM me and I’ll update the FAQ.

Quoted from aaron6920:

The way I understand it they are making 500 SE models followed by the 1250 LE models and then the SE+ models. So getting the SE possible but the SE + may be a bit of a stretch.

That assumes all three models will be built in their entirety consecutively which is a faulty assumption.

Quoted from PinStalker:

Quite possible barring any new supply issues.

#6125 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Um, no. Barring some major unforeseen problem that’s an order of magnitude off. If you have hard info to back that up, PM me and I’ll update the FAQ.

That assumes all three models will be built in their entirety consecutively which is a faulty assumption.

Quite possible barring any new supply issues.

Hi JFH,
Thanks for the info.
By any chance, do you know how long this will be in production? If Medieval Madness Royal is going back onto the line in early 23, is that the end of CC?
Just trying to juggle pin purchases (and I can only get CC or MM, not both...... hard to choose) Can't get an CCLE anymore, makes the Royal a bit more attractive.

#6126 1 year ago

WTF ? ..... is there proof of this ?

#6127 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Hi JFH,
Thanks for the info.
By any chance, do you know how long this will be in production?

I have tried mightily to get production info that can be shared. But, like all the manufacturers, CGC does not make that public. All I know is that the planned line capacity has been significantly increased from prior games. I doubt CGC is going to produce “excess inventory” for CCr; AFMr was still readily available right before the demand explosion from the pandemic and reading between the lines it didn’t seem like that’s something CGC wants to repeat.

At TPF last weekend Ryan would not confirm the MMr run in 2023 though he publicly said that in August. They now have 5 pinball projects underway including a rumored original as the next title. That implies producing on a much more consistent basis. Personally I’m hoping for another AFMr run because I want one after seeing Cactus Canyon up close.

What I took away on reruns was a subtle “never say never but we’re focused on improving not revisiting” (not a direct quote). My impression after that conversation? If you want a Cactus Canyon get an order in now.

Whatever they do it seems like any MMr run is a way out. Why not order a CCr SE+ now and play it for a year? Then sell it to fund an MMr if you still want it.

#6128 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Hi JFH,
Thanks for the info.
By any chance, do you know how long this will be in production? If Medieval Madness Royal is going back onto the line in early 23, is that the end of CC?
Just trying to juggle pin purchases (and I can only get CC or MM, not both...... hard to choose) Can't get an CCLE anymore, makes the Royal a bit more attractive.

Royals were a 1 time deal as announced by CGC at the time. You can get the special edition though. Unless you are looking at the used market.

#6129 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Royals were a 1 time deal as announced by CGC at the time. You can get the special edition though. Unless you are looking at the used market.

Ahhhh, my mistake. I thought I had read something about Royals going back on (and since the product page doesn't say Royals are limited in #, it made sense).

SE's only.

#6130 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

... but then...

Quoted from jfh:

What I took away on reruns was a subtle “never say never but we’re focused on improving not revisiting” (not a direct quote).

So doesn't it seem quite possible that they could make an improved Royal Edition and just call it something else?

Kinda like what the Royal Edition did to the original MMr LE models.

#6131 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

So doesn't it seem quite possible that they could make an improved Royal Edition and just call it something else?
Kinda like what the Royal Edition did to the original MMr LE models.

Is it possible? Sure - nothing is impossible. Is it likely? Probably not.

This has been discussed so much in the MMr thread. MM was a special case because their top end model wasn't up to par with the other remakes they produced. Hence the Royal, which pissed off a lot of LE owners because now essentially you have a version that's way more limited than the LE and it looks nicer and has more bling, to match the other LEs. This led to them offering the upgrade parts/kits in order to appease their loyal customer base (LE owners).

When they produced the Royal CGC posted in the Pinside thread that they would build as many as had been ordered but this was a one time deal and it would not be produced again.

Could they eventually come up with a v2.0 of all their remakes?? Sure.. why not? IMHO I think that this too is very unlikely given the current work being done on releasing a non-remake game or games, as well as possibly more remakes. If anything I think we are more likely to see some sort of paid software upgrade on the other remakes like CCr will be getting with the Lyman/Josh code expansion. CGC will probably wait to gauge interest in the expanded code for CCr and then decide if they should offer it for the other remakes.

Obviously other than that CGC post about the Royal being a 1 time deal, most of this is just my opinion.

#6132 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

Is it possible? Of course. But why? They have so much on their plate moving forward. I think MrMikeman has it exactly right. I don’t see CGC taking the resources needed to rework or rerun any of the previous remakes. They have already said the older games won’t be updated to use the new operating system so that pretty much rules out any game play updates.

#6133 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

No.

#6134 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Absolutely none... I highly doubt they'll get all the LE's out by October (which will be a year from their announcement). That being said its anyones guess since CGC doesn't communicate with their distributors or customers.

#6135 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Absolutely none... I highly doubt they'll get all the LE's out by October (which will be a year from their announcement). That being said its anyones guess since CGC doesn't communicate with their distributors or customers.

Well, they communicate with my distributor …

An unfortunate side effect of the distributor model is that it’s easy to forget we aren’t Chicago Gaming’s customers, the distributors are.

#6136 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

At TPF last weekend Ryan would not confirm the MMr run in 2023 though he publicly said that in August.

I talked to him on Saturday at TPF and he confirmed that there would be another run of MMr "in 2023".

I mentioned that I missed out on the last run, and he said "a lot of people did, that's why we'll be making more."

Take that for what it's worth...

#6137 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Well, they communicate with my distributor …
An unfortunate side effect of the distributor model is that it’s easy to forget we aren’t Chicago Gaming’s customers, the distributors are.

Yes thats the excuse CGC uses to justify not communicating to customers. My 6-12 month comment was based on my experience with CGC during the "non covid" days. MMRLE -2 years (although it was their first remake so it was understandable), AFRLE -6 months, MBRLE - 5 months after announcement.....clearly I have no idea, but past experience tells me it will a long time before their done shipping LE's. From what I've heard at full capacity (in the past) they build about 50 games/week. So even if they started tomorrow it would be 4-5 months. My guess is the 6-12 month window is pretty accurate, but only time will tell

#6138 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I talked to him on Saturday at TPF and he confirmed that there would be another run of MMr "in 2023".
I mentioned that I missed out on the last run, and he said "a lot of people did, that's why we'll be making more."

Interesting. Disappointed that there were two completely different answers to the same question …

#6139 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Ok so MMrEE (Emperor Edition) coming in 2023

#6140 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok so MMrEE (Emperor Edition) coming in 2023

No doubt! They'll either sell more "royals" or come up with another name. Most want the topper, large screen, RGB lighting, and powder coating. Although in my opinion the MMR and MBR toppers are pretty weak compared to the AFMRLE and CCRLE toppers

#6141 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Yes thats the excuse CGC uses to justify not communicating to customers.

With the possible exception of Spooky, they are the same as the other manufacturers. Go ask people who placed orders for Stern games over a year ago what delivery estimate they got from Stern.

If I order a high end Sony TV and it’s not available at my point of purchase I don’t expect Sony to tell me when it’s going to be produced or delivered.

Anyway, I’m just watching as others get their games. Whenever mine is ready, I’m good.

#6142 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

With the possible exception of Spooky, they are the same as the other manufacturers. Go ask people who placed orders for Stern games over a year ago what delivery estimate they got from Stern.
If I order a high end Sony TV and it’s not available at my point of purchase I don’t expect Sony to tell me when it’s going to be produced or delivered.
Anyway, I’m just watching as others get their games. Whenever mine is ready, I’m good.

Really? I'd never order a high end TV and not have some idea on an expected delivery date That being said I'm not disagreeing with you i.e. pinball manufacturers. I hope I'm wrong, but I still stand by my 6-12 month delivery date on all the LE's With all your hard work on this topic I hope you get yours first !

#6143 1 year ago

i have some small stock at the moment

Speaker Grills Stainless steel AFM/MB/MM XL

Hi!
I gote some mails if i would do a re-run for the stainless speaker grills for the versions with XL display

so i can offer

MB XL display version
AFM XL display version
MM XL display version

and
MM Classic version without the holes ( you can use small erathmagnets to mount it)

the price for 1 kit is 59$ shipped
the price for 2 kit is 105$ shipped

this is a group order, please send me a pm if you want to join

tom

286a36addab5d2f53d199921c759ec57d971b6e7 (1) (resized).jpg286a36addab5d2f53d199921c759ec57d971b6e7 (1) (resized).jpg
#6144 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Any Aussies received theirs ?

I'm guessing August/September for Aussies ?

I can't wait.
CCr looks AMAZING !

I very much appreciated Butch's presentation at TPF, well structured and concise.

Thanks CGC and CCr team for exceeding my expectations.

#6145 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

If Medieval Madness Royal is going back onto the line in early 23, is that the end of CC?

Pretty sure they’ve said no more Royals. Only regular MMr’s being put back on the line.

#6146 1 year ago

Another happy buyer here...it could not have been packed any better. Quality build, my family loves playing it, and great service from Jason at Classic Game Rooms!

Watching videos of gameplay doesn't do it justice, you really have to play it to appreciate everything about the game.

IMG_20220331_140840410 (resized).jpgIMG_20220331_140840410 (resized).jpg
#6147 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Pretty sure they’ve said no more Royals. Only regular MMr’s being put back on the line.

If/when they re-run, it will have the big monitor and topper. They will just give it a new name like JJP does - Ruby Red/Yellow Brick Road WoZ editions that came after Emerald City.

It will attract more buyers and maximize their profits.

#6148 1 year ago
Quoted from billsgto:

Another happy buyer here...it could not have been packed any better. Quality build, my family loves playing it, and great service from Jason at Classic Game Rooms!
Watching videos of gameplay doesn't do it justice, you really have to play it to appreciate everything about the game.
[quoted image]

Did the box on the outside indicate a truck and no truck side?

#6149 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Did the box on the outside indicate a truck and no truck side?

Yes, it was very clearly labeled on every side.

#6150 1 year ago

Three straps on it. Looks well packed. When I opened my jjp I thought to myself stern needs to up their packing game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.