(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 210 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 133.
#6051 2 years ago

I just emailed Brian and he stated his translights will be available to all for CCr. EDIT I see this was covered already. Didn;t see a delete post option.

They will be released next week on his site.

#6052 2 years ago

Also acrylic backglasses and side blades.

#6053 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Also acrylic backglasses and side blades.

I have a set of his side blades on my MMRLE. Have other stuff of his too, cool art.

#6054 2 years ago

Question have a CCR LE on order didn’t see if the artwork in the back box is a backglass or translite Was looking at a Brian Allen artwork and really like it thanks

#6055 2 years ago
Quoted from Myles32:

Question have a CCR LE on order didn’t see if the artwork in the back box is a backglass or translite Was looking at a Brian Allen artwork and really like it thanks

The game comes with a translite.

#6056 2 years ago

I wish we could get Brian's as a mirrored backglass!

#6057 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I wish we could get Brian's as a mirrored backglass!

Now that would cool.

#6058 2 years ago

I reached out to Sara and whatever it is that will be only available for PPS buyers by Brian Allen is not an option for other buyers.

I’m happy with the “standard” stuff he’ll be offering, but if anyone eligible to purchase from PPS whatever this may be and isn’t interested in getting one for themselves, please pm me.
Thanx

#6059 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

I reached out to Sara and whatever it is that will be only available for PPS buyers by Brian Allen is not an option for other buyers.
I’m happy with the “standard” stuff he’ll be offering, but if anyone eligible to purchase from PPS whatever this may be and isn’t interested in getting one for themselves, please pm me.
Thanx

Correct. But the translite, acrylic backgasss and the side art will be available to everyone through Brian.

The PPS exclusive is another item. I got the impression from Brian that it will be free to those that buy a CCr game from PPS and will not be available for sale at all.

#6060 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Correct. But the translite, acrylic backgasss and the side art will be available to everyone through Brian.
The PPS exclusive is another item. I got the impression from Brian that it will be free to those that buy a CCr game from PPS and will not be available for sale at all.

IDK, all this PPS exclusive stuff is a little bit of horseshit. I order my game from a great distributor, and then afterwards find out about exclusive mirrored backglass, special Brian Allen stuff, special LE upgrades, ect. that you can only get through planetary. Thankfully they walked back the mirrored backglass, but jeeze is all of this kinda sleezy or what?

#6061 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

IDK, all this PPS exclusive stuff is a little bit of horseshit. I order my game from a great distributor, and then afterwards find out about exclusive mirrored backglass, special Brian Allen stuff, special LE upgrades, ect. that you can only get through planetary. Thankfully they walked back the mirrored backglass, but jeeze is all of this kinda sleezy or what?

How is the alternate art able to have the Bally Logo but mirrored glass cannot ?

#6062 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Well, PPS owns the rights so they can pretty much do what they want.

I think how Planetary initially handled the mirrored backglass was terrible but give them a bit of credit to allow the backglasses to be sold to any confirmed CCr buyer.

If they had made the “exclusive to PPS” announcement earlier it might have made a difference and I may have bought from them if my local distributor didn’t have LEs left. But it was pretty crummy to make the announcement after most of the LEs were gone. Horseshit is probably an appropriate term.

#6063 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

How is the alternate art able to have the Bally Logo but mirrored glass cannot ?

The mirrored backglass has the logo.

#6064 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I agree. It encourages you to not support your local dealer and go direct. Not fair to the other distributors.

#6065 2 years ago

Not fair to the other distributors.

Perhaps. But I’m pretty sure PPS has the largest allocation of LEs if not overall games (by contract) so they have a built in advantage over anyone else for CGC remakes.

#6066 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Perhaps. But I’m pretty sure PPS has the largest allocation of LEs if not overall games (by contract) so they have a built in advantage over anyone else for CGC remakes.

True but still not fair considering they also own the rights. Should be even playing field (not talking allocation) for every dealer to offer the same add ons.

#6067 2 years ago

True but still not fair considering they also own the rights. Should be even playing field (not talking allocation) for every dealer to offer the same add ons.

I was told once the "golden rule" is the person who has the gold, makes the rules.

Insert "Intellectual property" in this case

#6068 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Well, PPS owns the rights so they can pretty much do what they want.
I think how Planetary initially handled the mirrored backglass was terrible but give them a bit of credit to allow the backglasses to be sold to any confirmed CCr buyer.
If they had made the “exclusive to PPS” announcement earlier it might have made a difference and I may have bought from them if my local distributor didn’t have LEs left. But it was pretty crummy to make the announcement after most of the LEs were gone. Horseshit is probably an appropriate term.

Just because they can do what they want doesn’t make it right.

I wouldn’t buy a game from them direct no matter what anyhow.

I know they make the licensing $$ regardless but CGC shouldn’t allow this “horseshit” to happen in the first place

Don’t really care about the PPS drama anyhow now, where is the update on the game FFS?

#6069 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The mirrored backglass has the logo.

I was referring to Bally on Mirrored BG

DISREGARD

IM BLIND - logo is there

Apologies

#6070 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

PPS may have also received a discounted rate from CGC since they had CGC by the cojones with the licensing fees. It's PPS' way, or the highway.

I don't think I would ever pick PPS as a distributor either. They seem kind of sucky.

Ever try to buy a licensed part from them? If you need it, it's not in stock.

#6071 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:I was referring to Bally on Mirrored BG
[quoted image]

Bally is on the image you posted. It's just mirrored so it's hard to see

#6072 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Bally is on the image you posted. It's just mirrored so it's hard to see

LOL oops

Getting old here

Apologies

Disregard

#6073 2 years ago

I hope Brian can incorporate one of these into his artwork…in memory of the exclusive LE

9F35AED8-F860-42B7-A252-F04060E09159 (resized).jpeg9F35AED8-F860-42B7-A252-F04060E09159 (resized).jpeg
#6074 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

I hope Brian can incorporate one of these into his artwork…in memory of the exclusive LE

Brian’s stuff is going to be available this week. I’m guessing the artwork has been done for a while.

#6075 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I know they make the licensing $$ regardless but CGC shouldn’t allow this “horseshit” to happen in the first place

Ok, I’m curious. How do you expect CGC to do anything about third party products licensed from the same party they did for the game itself?

PPS (and ultimately SG) control the rights to Cactus Canyon IP.

#6076 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

PPS may have also received a discounted rate from CGC since they had CGC by the cojones with the licensing fees. It's PPS' way, or the highway.
I don't think I would ever pick PPS as a distributor either. They seem kind of sucky.
Ever try to buy a licensed part from them? If you need it, it's not in stock.

Sara at PPS is awesome....very responsive, and a great communicator. Personally I don't care for their BS with potential licensing issues. A prime example is the magnetic speaker cover (I ordered one). It was a great idea that they clearly didn't have, and I highly doubt it was on their drawing board.

#6077 2 years ago

I was playing my Godzilla and had several great games today. Love this game and maybe Sterns best ever.
If you're not familiar, there's voice call out by the announcer and he says, "Launch is Lit".

Which is always followed by me saying, "And so am I".

(Feeling nostalgic for my CC)

#6078 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I was playing my Godzilla and had several great games today. Love this game and maybe Sterns best ever.
If you're not familiar, there's voice call out by the announcer and he says, "Launch is Lit".
Which is always followed by me saying, "And so am I".
(Feeling nostalgic for my CC)

Order the new and improved version then

#6079 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Thanx

Will be interesting to see it!

“Option to purchase an exclusive, numbered collector's art piece from artist Brian Allen @ flylanddesigns.com (offered only to our CCR customers, limit one per customer) who has been creating various title pinball artwork
- FREE cactus canyon OEM (WMS #21-6721 not engraved) plaque (while supplies last)”

BFBCCA88-DF1E-4228-8EF6-038401D1EB44 (resized).jpegBFBCCA88-DF1E-4228-8EF6-038401D1EB44 (resized).jpeg
#6080 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Will be interesting to see it!
“Option to purchase an exclusive, numbered collector's art piece from artist Brian Allen @ flylanddesigns.com (offered only to our CCR customers, limit one per customer) who has been creating various title pinball artwork
- FREE cactus canyon OEM (WMS #21-6721 not engraved) plaque (while supplies last)”

He maybe doing them a special limited piece, but the limited backglass, translights sideblades and other artwork will be available for all. Really no different than when he does a limited issue for anyone, I have some of his from the flipper room and elsewhere.

#6081 2 years ago

I've never seen the details on their loyalty program. I wonder who makes PPS HD glass? Has anyone here used it?

#6082 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I've never seen the details on their loyalty program. I wonder who makes PPS HD glass? Has anyone here used it?

Maybe CPR, but I cant verify this at all.

#6083 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ok, I’m curious. How do you expect CGC to do anything about third party products licensed from the same party they did for the game itself?
PPS (and ultimately SG) control the rights to Cactus Canyon IP.

PPS needs CGC to make the game, update the code etc

When they license the rights from PPS they need to put some guardrails in place that makes it fair for all distributors. That simple

That said, I don’t care what BS PPS tries to pull. I just want to see the game on the line and getting out the door.

I don’t need the “exclusive” back glass or whatever they do

#6084 2 years ago

Brian Allen’s alternate art for Cactus Canyon available now.

https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product-category/pinball-and-arcade-artwork/

#6085 2 years ago

I like his artwork and have it in my other CGC machines but I ordered the mirror backglass already so I’m torn.

#6086 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

I like his artwork and have it in my other CGC machines but I ordered the mirror backglass already so I’m torn.

They both look great. I ordered the limited edition acrylic backglass for a wall hanger and the flexible translite to put on the machine when I get it.

#6087 2 years ago

Hey everyone...I will be at TPF with the new alternate artwork acrylic backglass from Flyland Designs for Cactus Canyon. We will be offering these at a slight discount that I will verify with Brian since there is no shipping and each one will be packed in a foam padded envelope for protection. I will be staging these at the Back Alley Creations booth like I did the last time we had the festival a few years ago. I have to say... I just got these in from print and it is my favorite one that we have produced thus far. Brian killed it on this one Look forward to seeing everyone!

Aaron

0D2BF403-4A4D-488B-9281-ACC5AED9DFDD (resized).jpeg0D2BF403-4A4D-488B-9281-ACC5AED9DFDD (resized).jpegC6572955-1CF5-4810-BA14-A4FF1423F63E (resized).jpegC6572955-1CF5-4810-BA14-A4FF1423F63E (resized).jpeg
#6088 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

I got the Limited Edition print to display. Will probably stick with mirrored bg for the game itself.

#6089 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I got the Limited Edition print to display. Will probably stick with mirrored bg for the game itself.

I have a mirrored backglass on order.
I orderd the smaller print...plan on framing it.

#6090 2 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Hey everyone...I will be at TPF with the new alternate artwork acrylic backglass from Flyland Designs for Cactus Canyon. We will be offering these at a slight discount that I will verify with Brian since there is no shipping and each one will be packed in a foam padded envelope for protection. I will be staging these at the Back Alley Creations booth like I did the last time we had the festival a few years ago. I have to say... I just got these in from print and it is my favorite one that we have produced thus far. Brian killed it on this one Look forward to seeing everyone!
Aaron

Yeah I love the OG translite art but this is just to good to pass up! BTW the side blades are also! Good deal with 10% off side blades when ordered together also!

#6091 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:I got the Limited Edition print to display. Will probably stick with mirrored bg for the game itself.

Quoted from indypinhead:

I have a mirrored backglass on order.
I orderd the smaller print...plan on framing it.

Great minds think alike! I did the same.

#6092 2 years ago

Only 28 of the 13×19″ Full-Bleed Metallic Sheen Art Prints left!

#6093 2 years ago

Only 28 of the 13×19″ Full-Bleed Metallic Sheen Art Prints left!

I'm glad I got in early.

#6094 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm glad I got in early.

Me too. I would have been massively bummed if I missed this.

#6095 2 years ago

Me too. I would have been massively bummed if I missed this.

He does some really good stuff.....I wanted the MB & MM stuff, but I already have the mirrored backglasses.

#6096 2 years ago

I’ll stick with the mirrored BG, can’t beat it I reckon, and I’ll light up frame the Trans

#6097 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

He does some really good stuff.....I wanted the MB & MM stuff, but I already have the mirrored backglasses.

I really like his art blades. It would have been nice if they offered the mirrored back glass with his design. I certainly don't need 2 translites sitting around the house. I wonder if PPS makes him pay a royalty ?

#6098 2 years ago

I got to play (just a few games) on a CCr in Tampa a few days ago. My first impressions...

1) Build quality seems great, just like other CGC games.
2) The launch "bowl" didn't seem to work right, in that the ball would spin, but the selection would only move sometimes. Seems like the switch wasn't always registering.
3) The white flashing lights just above the flippers were both blindingly bright and seizure inducing. Hopefully there is some way to reduce their intensity.
4) In general, the lights were very bright (really too bright). It was right next to a AFMr and a MMr, and it was noticeably brighter than those.
5) Gameplay was fun, but still seemed simple (even compared to other B/W games), though I didn't get a whole lot of time on it.

#6099 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I got to play (just a few games) on a CCr in Tampa a few days ago. My first impressions...
1) Build quality seems great, just like other CGC games.
2) The launch "bowl" didn't seem to work right, in that the ball would spin, but the selection would only move sometimes. Seems like the switch wasn't always registering.
3) The white flashing lights just above the flippers were both blindingly bright and seizure inducing. Hopefully there is some way to reduce their intensity.
4) In general, the lights were very bright (really too bright). It was right next to a AFMr and a MMr, and it was noticeably brighter than those.
5) Gameplay was fun, but still seemed simple (even compared to other B/W games), though I didn't get a whole lot of time on it.

I know with my AFMR I had to turn down the playfield insert lights to the dimmest setting because it was sooooo bright. I wonder if I will have to do the same with this one as well.

#6100 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I really like his art blades. It would have been nice if they offered the mirrored back glass with his design. I certainly don't need 2 translites sitting around the house. I wonder if PPS makes him pay a royalty ?

I'm pretty sure he pays royalties...his artwork in licensed by Bally/Williams.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/122 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.