(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 133.
#5951 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not going to happen.
Also - backglasses are from PPS and a stand-alone product; the topper isn’t. Advantage to the SE+ is you’ll get a topper; disadvantage is you’ll have to wait. But at least you won’t have to wait as long as some people still waiting for Stern games ordered early last year.

Yeah I didn’t think it would change. But sure seems a simple way to sell out the +’s. Stern seems to be more about knowing the right distributor as locals have had no issues getting them. Pro or LE if ordered when announced.

#5952 2 years ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Yeah I didn’t think it would change. But sure seems a simple way to sell out the +’s. Stern seems to be more about knowing the right distributor as locals have had no issues getting them. Pro or LE if ordered when announced.

I think the pluses will sell out when we have more user experience with the topper and/or as soon ad the upgrade kit is announced.

#5953 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think the pluses will sell out when we have more user experience with the topper and/or as soon ad the upgrade kit is announced.

I think the pluses will sell out once they start making them. As it stands now the pluses might not get made until the fall or later. Some people might not want to put a deposit down for something that is so far away from being made.

#5954 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

I think the pluses will sell out once they start making them. As it stands now the pluses might not get made until the fall or later. Some people might not want to put a deposit down for something that is so far away from being made.

Except almost every game from every manufacturer has a long wait these days. Maybe things will go back to the days of call a distributor and order from stock. Maybe not.

If I wanted an SE I might be ok with waiting. But if I really wanted the topper I wouldn’t be waiting until they start shipping to order one. Anyone buying a NIB game these days shouldn’t be worrying about a $500/$1000 deposit.

#5955 2 years ago

I just cancelled my LE order from planetary. Someone should move up the list

#5956 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

You have a nice collection.

#5957 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I don't blame u....probably be 6+ months before LE's get shipped. I waited a couple years for my MMRLE, but it was their first time out of the gate so it was understandable.

#5958 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Dang, I’d love an le for the 1250 additional. I reached out to my buddy to see if they had any openings but they didn’t. It’s great they are upgrading Se plus folks

#5959 2 years ago

My impatience is tempered by the knowledge it will be well worth it. That, and the delay is also giving me time to rebuild my pinball fund for the future

#5960 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

My impatience is tempered by the knowledge it will be well worth it. That, and the delay is also giving me time to rebuild my pinball fund for the future

I was hoping the same thing, but all the delay did here was give me enough time to come across a TOTAN which will be here a week from today. When the LE’s do hit the shores of Europe, I’ll still have a month or so before I see that beauty in my lineup.

#5961 2 years ago

We’re really enjoying our floor model SE. My son beat “Showdown at High Noon” Friday. He was most excited.

https://fb.watch/bJRFwTpCvn/

#5962 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

I was hoping the same thing, but all the delay did here was give me enough time to come across a TOTAN which will be here a week from today. When the LE’s do hit the shores of Europe, I’ll still have a month or so before I see that beauty in my lineup.

At this rate I feel like I may end up buying a second NIB pin before I even take delivery of my first one

#5963 2 years ago
Quoted from kapaun:

At this rate I feel like I may end up buying a second NIB pin before I even take delivery of my first one

You wont be the first!

#5964 2 years ago

Here is cc speaker cover. Company overseas makes them… eBay

91876D5C-96C8-4B4A-BAE2-240D1C9C606D (resized).jpeg91876D5C-96C8-4B4A-BAE2-240D1C9C606D (resized).jpeg

#5965 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Here is final draft of cc speaker cover. Company overseas makes them and I just helped with temple size.
[quoted image]

Wow very nice!!

#5966 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Here is final draft of cc speaker cover. Company overseas makes them and I just helped with temple size.
[quoted image]

I would love to see a picture of this installed

#5967 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

[quoted image]

Any links or announcements for this speaker cover ?
A list being built or will it be a mass offering

Looks great

#5968 2 years ago

nothing but copyright infringement here ... we are working on similar covers as we speak - that will be under WMS license.

#5969 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

nothing but copyright infringement here ... we are working on similar covers as we speak - that will be under WMS license.

Cool! Also for the other 3 remakes?
Thanks!
Richard

#5970 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Look forward to seeing the final product

Will it be a decal it screened plastic like older wpc games ?

#5971 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Cool! Also for the other 3 remakes?
Thanks!
Richard

yea my monster bash would love something fresh and official

#5972 2 years ago

Guys I didn’t make this it’s on eBay! Some overseas thing but would love a CGC official one is they make it.

#5973 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Look forward to seeing the final product

Will it be a decal it screened plastic like older wpc games ?

Screened plastic makes no sense given the speaker panel design of the CGC games. They don't use wood + a front like older WPC games. They use a metal speaker panel.

#5974 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Screened plastic makes no sense given the speaker panel design of the CGC games. They don't use wood + a front like older WPC games. They use a metal speaker panel.

Yeah realized that after I send the post

Shrugs

#5975 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

we are working on similar covers as we speak - that will be under WMS license

Awesome! I'm guessing you will be doing the other remakes as well?

Edit: Richard beat me to it.

#5976 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Awesome! I'm guessing you will be doing the other remakes as well?

pretty sure the older games used a plastic speaker panel - tho it's been awhile since I handled one.

#5977 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

pretty sure the older games used a plastic speaker panel - tho it's been awhile since I handled one.

The SEs are metal im pretty sure.

#5978 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Looks like original artwork to me?

#5979 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Here is cc speaker cover. Company overseas makes them… eBay
[quoted image]

Its nice that this speaker panel is magnetic. Lets hope PPS comes up with the same concept

#5980 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Looks like original artwork to me?

he's gonna claim the gecko is copied

#5981 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

he's gonna claim the gecko is copied

It's actually a good question. This hobby is full of creative individuals who make cool products that enhance many games. Why does he think its copy right protected?

#5982 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

It's actually a good question. This hobby is full of creative individuals who make cool products that enhance many games. Why does he think its copy right protected?

Default answer from PPS when you do something unlicensed. Really there are only minor elements there that don't look original and maybe they are even upon closer inspection. It's just PPS's default posture...

#5983 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Default answer from PPS when you do something unlicensed. Really there are only minor elements there that don't look original and maybe they are even upon closer inspection. It's just PPS's default posture...

I think it's a stretch. Whats the difference between all the game blades that are made after market ? I have after market ones on MMR and MBR that use similar colors/themes, etc....

#5984 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

And likely the correct one. Way to close to original art/design elements to pass muster though probably not worth the trouble to pursue an overseas party. I’d rather wait to see what PPS does.

#5985 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

And likely the correct one. Way to close to original art/design elements to pass muster though probably not worth the trouble to pursue an overseas party. I’d rather wait to see what PPS does.

Nah, the only thing common/borrowed in there is maybe the sherriff badge and the gecko. The denim and rope are of the same style.. but he can't claim copyright protection over 'similar styles' or looks. That would be under trademark protection - and that's registered on the name - not denim and rope of the cabinet art.

Like usual with PPS... he tries to defend his ground but is pretty toothless when it comes to the overseas guys - right or wrong.

#5986 2 years ago

I’d rather support those selling licensed products. Just because it’s difficult to go after overseas knockoffs doesn’t mean we should condone it.

#5987 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’d rather support those selling licensed products. Just because it’s difficult to go after overseas knockoffs doesn’t mean we should condone it.

Unlike the cabinet decal guys, etc - this isn't a knockoff. Instead you have PPS looking at other people's ideas and deciding they'll make their own. How generous.

#5988 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:And likely the correct one. Way to close to original art/design elements to pass muster though probably not worth the trouble to pursue an overseas party. I’d rather wait to see what PPS does.

I get there's a "likeness" , but he doesn't use a Williams or CC logo so its a stretch to claim any infringement .... guys have been making speaker decals, and game blades for BW games for years so not sure why its an issue now...maybe because "now" they plan to make one? This guys idea and design (mainly because its magnetic) is pretty nice.

#5989 2 years ago

Well given the CGC backbox is metal it’s not a big design stretch to make it magnetic

I’ll wait to see what PPS come up with before I decide what, if anything, I put on my game. I’ve seen a few interesting ideas that might be nice but I’m not a big fan of mods for the sake of mods.

#5990 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Well given the CGC backbox is metal it’s not a big design stretch to make it magnetic
I’ll wait to see what PPS come up with before I decide what, if anything, I put on my game. I’ve seen a few interesting ideas that might be nice but I’m not a big fan of mods for the sake of mods.

Time will tell...I'm sure PPS will start work on that particular mod tomorrow

#5991 2 years ago
Quoted from polishedball:

I ordered a Rush Premium last month and got it today. What games have taken over a year?

#5992 2 years ago
Quoted from MooButt:

I ordered a Rush Premium last month and got it today. What games have taken over a year?

People have been waiting for the latest Elvira run for about 16 months

#5993 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

There was a small run in August - they just didn’t make enough to fulfill all the orders.

#5994 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Here is cc speaker cover. Company overseas makes them… eBay [quoted image]

The one I saw on eBay was for the original only.

Robert

#5995 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yikes!!! I feel like I’m gonna be around that by the time I get my CCr

#5996 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

The one I saw on eBay was for the original only.
Robert

ebay.com link: itm

#5997 2 years ago

My condolences, quality takes time.

blockquote cite="#6829341">I ordered a Rush Premium last month and got it today. What games have taken over a year?

#5998 2 years ago

Well, I have a deposit for an LE, but I'm thinking of giving up my position. If interested, PM me for details.

#5999 2 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Well, I have a deposit for an LE, but I'm thinking of giving up my position. If interested, PM me for details.

Thinking the same ....

#6000 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

My condolences, quality takes time.
blockquote cite="#6829341">I ordered a Rush Premium last month and got it today. What games have taken over a year?

I think people are speculating that it will take CGC a year to deliver the CCRLE's....they might be spot on as it appears CGC is behind the eight ball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/120 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.