(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 133.
#5901 2 years ago

Ah here it is

IMG_4449 (resized).jpgIMG_4449 (resized).jpg
#5902 2 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

At least on my MMRR the Pyle's were muddy, not good separation of the highs. This was to my old ears, the new speakers had better separation, and the call outs were clearer. If I hear the same thing with my CCR, I will replace the speakers. Audio results are subjective, what sounds good to one person may sound like to trash to somebody else.

I think this describes every speaker I have ever heard from Pyle. They usually are good at being loud, but most have pretty poor separation and lose clarity on the mids and highs.

#5903 2 years ago

I just got an email from PPS saying my SE+ pre-order has been updated to an LE at no additional cost!
Very happy news.

#5904 2 years ago
Quoted from oPinsesame:

I just got an email from PPS saying my SE+ pre-order has been updated to an LE at no additional cost!
Very happy news.

Niiiice! It is awesome they are doing that for people. I got an email from PPS saying there is still no ETA for the LEs, but I am living vicariously through all these people getting theirs now It will definitely be worth the wait.

#5905 2 years ago
Quoted from oPinsesame:

Very happy news.

Same here!

#5906 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

All of the CGC remakes have sounded incredible to me, compared to originals.
My AFMr sounds great after adjusting the subwoofer control, its in the settings...
They have done a great job.
Im certain that replacement speakers can give you another 2% to 5% improvement, to me its just not necessary.
Its a pinball game, not a high end stereo.
The source files are not super clean.

What did you change it too?

thanks

#5907 2 years ago

So all SE+ are now LE’s ? Na, that can’t be happening, can it ??
Or maybe there were more than a few ppl take up the offer of getting their deposit back ?? Which has freed up LE spots?? Interesting

#5908 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

More like there was an extra LE or 2 due to a cancellation etc. So whomever was early to a SE+ could be upgraded to a LE

Just my thoughts

#5909 2 years ago

People are probably just backing out of their LE pre-orders and the distributors are doing the right thing by upgrading the orders of people who are in for the SE+.

#5910 2 years ago

I signed up for an SE+ with the possibility that it could be upgraded to a LE if one of the spots opened up. This was stated in the email I received when signing up for the SE+. I received notification today that it was being upgraded to a LE with an unknown delivery date.

#5911 2 years ago

They probably tracked down who was flipping for profit and cancelled those orders LOL! If that happened…I would literally LOL at the flippers versus fake LOL in my post…

#5912 2 years ago
Quoted from oPinsesame:

Very happy news.

I got same email although I was already in on an LE. It sounds like some are requesting their deposits back.

#5913 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I got same email although I was already in on an LE. It sounds like some are requesting their deposits back.

That's what it sounds like to me.
I have a Rush Premium & CCR LE on order. For a while there, I was wondering which would come 1st for me....It sound like my Rush will get here 1st. No biggie. I know CGC makes a great pin...top notch quality. I'll be happy to wait until my time comes.

#5914 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

What did you change it too?
thanks

Gave it a little more sub

#5915 2 years ago

My SE+ was also upgraded to LE, very happy as I was pretty bummed when I tried for a LE and they where all sold out. Thank you to all the people who backed out, as this game is going to be great.

#5916 2 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

My SE+ was also upgraded to LE, very happy as I was pretty bummed when I tried for a LE and they where all sold out. Thank you to all the people who backed out, as this game is going to be great.

That’s awesome people are getting upgrades. I wanted an LE and have an SE. no upgrade for me it sounds like

#5917 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

That’s awesome people are getting upgrades. I wanted an LE and have an SE. no upgrade for me it sounds like

Pretty sure the PPS upgrades only applied to those that converted SE to SE+ orders so if you still had an SE you wouldn’t be on the list.

#5918 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

That's what it sounds like to me.
I have a Rush Premium & CCR LE on order. For a while there, I was wondering which would come 1st for me....It sound like my Rush will get here 1st. No biggie. I know CGC makes a great pin...top notch quality. I'll be happy to wait until my time comes.

My guess is you'll get your Rush LE way before your CCRLE. The way things are going it might be xmas for CCRLE's?

#5919 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Pretty sure the PPS upgrades only applied to those that converted SE to SE+ orders so if you still had an SE you wouldn’t be on the list.

Yeah, i figured. I had my name on a list for an le if anyone cancelled with joe from pinstar but I was never contacted.

#5920 2 years ago

Just got my notification that my SE is ready for pick up! Now I just need a truck.

#5921 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Now I just need a truck.

Or a horse. (It is Cactus Canyon after all).

#5923 2 years ago

Is anyone getting invoices from PinballStar yet?

#5924 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:Is anyone getting invoices from PinballStar yet?

Wondering the same

#5925 2 years ago

Hi All
Hearing rumours of a Mirrored Backless for CCr. When will these be available for purchase, where can I buy etc??

#5926 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Hi All
Hearing rumours of a Mirrored Backless for CCr. When will these be available for purchase, where can I buy etc??

Not a rumor. Contact PPS to see if you can still order one.

#5927 2 years ago

Thanks. Will give it a shot.

#5928 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Hi All

You need to order it from the distributor you ordered the game from.

#5929 2 years ago

Thanks. I just emailed the distro.

#5930 2 years ago

I have an SE+ on order with Zach from Flipnout pinball. Are all current SE+ orders getting upgraded to LE. Damn that would be sweet.

#5931 2 years ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

I have an SE+ on order with Zach from Flipnout pinball. Are all current SE+ orders getting upgraded to LE. Damn that would be sweet.

I don't think all SE+ orders are being switched to LEs...My guess is that a few LE buyers are wanting refunds due to slow delivery.

#5932 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

That is not the case.

#5933 2 years ago

Any update on the mirrored backglass PPS ?

#5934 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

That is not the case.

Maybe canceling orders for scalpers/flippers?

#5935 2 years ago
Quoted from kapaun:

Hopefully. If it isn’t people voluntarily backing out and if CGC isn’t increasing the number of LEs (they aren’t) that would only seem to leave involuntary cancellations.

#5936 2 years ago
Quoted from kapaun:

Possibly some people had multiple orders with several distributors? i.e. most of these guys are flippers

#5937 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I was there yesterday as well. Thought the game was awesome. Really shoots well. Gun fights are always fun to do. Got to the point where I was battling bionic Bart and it was doing some really cool lighting effects and display graphics. Has bionic Bart always been there or is this part of the enhanced code?

My experience as well. GREAT shooter. Bally Williams feel and quality.

#5938 2 years ago

Update on my earlier comments about the audio. Finally had a chance to stick some probes in there and nothing unusual. Nothing is wired backwards, nominal resistance in cables from the board to the speaker terminals so the connections are fine, seems to have around 4.5amps at mid-high volume setting, I don't see any tearing, and TBH they sound a little better than I remember when we first set it up. Maybe they just need to be broken in?

Still might upgrade to the infinity's that someone posted earlier. At 9pm with all the games on and music playing the two neighbor games (AfMR and Mando) overpower it pretty hard. But no one seems to care. Game has near Godzilla-level of plays on it in only two weeks,

#5939 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, i figured. I had my name on a list for an le if anyone cancelled with joe from pinstar but I was never contacted.

Same

#5940 2 years ago
Quoted from oPinsesame:

Very happy news.

I am curious when you ordered it? I ordered mine in February. Hoping I get the good news as well. Anybody have an ETA on these things? For 10K. Seems like the upgrade is warranted for everyone. If they are doing this for everyone ... it seems like a great ideas. It's a pinball machine.. I honestly wouldn't care if someone gets the same machine I got for the same price.

#5941 2 years ago

How would they determine if you're a flipper or not? I've got this ordered in 2 places. 1 SE+ and an 1 base model. . My local distributor told me he might not be able to get me one, so I should place should try placing an order elsewhere. I was way too late to get on the LE train.

#5942 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman71:

Seems like the upgrade is warranted for everyone. If they are doing this for everyone ... it seems like a great ideas. It's a pinball machine.. I honestly wouldn't care if someone get the same machine I got for the same price.

Not happening. CGC has made it clear the number of LEs is fixed at 1250 and will not be expanded.

If you ordered an SE and want a topper ask your distributor to change your order to an SE+. Most still have them available.

The FAQ is updated with best known info on availability (at this point, very little data)

#5943 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman71:

I am curious when you ordered it? I ordered mine in February.

Most that are getting upgraded probably placed their order right when it was announced in Oct 2021.

#5944 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman71:

How would they determine if you're a flipper or not? I've got this ordered in 2 places. 1 SE+ and an 1 base model. . My local distributor told me he might not be able to get me one, so I should place should try placing an order elsewhere. I was way too late to get on the LE train.

If you plan to keep both games for yourself you aren’t a flipper. If you intend to sell one or both over cost you are. You really don’t want PPS and/or CGC considering you a flipper because they are looking to crack down even further on future games.

If you have two orders “just in case’, I’d seriously think about cancelling one.

#5945 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Most that are getting upgraded probably placed their order right when it was announced in Oct 2021.

This.

I think it’s a very long shot for anyone placing an order now/this year to get a chance at an LE. There have to be dozens/hundreds waiting already.

#5946 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If you plan to keep both games for yourself you aren’t a flipper. If you intend to sell one or both over cost you are. You really don’t want PPS and/or CGC considering you a flipper because they are looking to crack down even further on future games.
If you have two orders “just in case’, I’d seriously think about cancelling one.

I doubt they are worried about people flipping the SE or SE+ versions as anyone can still order those right now if they wanted to. At this point it's really only the LE flippers that they would go after.

#5947 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I doubt they are worried about people flipping the SE or SE+ versions as anyone can still order those right now if they wanted to. At this point it's really only the LE flippers that they would go after.

True. But I’m in the camp of prevent flippers if you can.

#5948 2 years ago

I really wish for the SE+ they would handle it like the back glasses and ship when available. Want to add the pin and don’t want to wait to be the last ones produced. I have an SE coming soon and would have happily upgraded if the tipped would just come when available.

#5949 2 years ago
Quoted from polishedball:

I really wish for the SE+ they would handle it like the back glasses and ship when available. Want to add the pin and don’t want to wait to be the last ones produced. I have an SE coming soon and would have happily upgraded if the tipped would just come when available.

Not going to happen.

Also - backglasses are from PPS and a stand-alone product; the topper isn’t. Advantage to the SE+ is you’ll get a topper; disadvantage is you’ll have to wait. But at least you won’t have to wait as long as some people still waiting for Stern games ordered early last year.

#5950 2 years ago

Yeah, if the SE+ coming in parts was an option, I'd also consider that route. But I don't want to pay more, wait longer and get less. If I wanted to do that, I'd just pick up the original :p

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 210.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/119?hl=kempsuk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.