(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 133.
#5851 2 years ago

Fantastic! Such a get for CGC!

Kudos to them for investing in such top talent and thanks to you for a tremendous contribution!

#5852 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’ve heard conflicting reports on whether there is a replacement video mode if the topper is not installed/active. If anyone can confirm either way I’ll update the FAQ in the club thread.

Looks like the shootout mode is in there (saw on Lloyds FB page)!
It is disabled in settings he said.
Richard

CFFA9D4F-3B69-4394-A852-9251C521338D (resized).pngCFFA9D4F-3B69-4394-A852-9251C521338D (resized).png
#5853 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Looks like the shootout mode is in there (saw on Lloyds FB page)!
It is disabled in settings he said.

[quoted image]

Independently confirmed. FAQ updated. Conflicting info on the remake settings involved. Need to see if another setting besides G.24 and G.25 are involved. Will update again when known.

#5854 2 years ago

Video of menu system.

LTG : )

#5855 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Video of menu system.

Thank you Lloyd you’re the best!!

#5856 2 years ago

Do we know if there are plans for a Classic Edition of this, or is SE the only entry point? Got to play an OG over the weekend at the Pinball Hall of Fame and now I've got a hankering for some B/W style magic.

#5857 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Do we know if there are plans for a Classic Edition of this, or is SE the only entry point? Got to play an OG over the weekend at the Pinball Hall of Fame and now I've got a hankering for some B/W style magic.

CGC did not announce a CE and I think economies of scale make it unlikely.

A CE would imply a smaller screen and original code and graphics. IMO, if you want a CE, buy an original game.

#5858 2 years ago

PPS Is there any update on the mirrored backglass? Are they still expected to ship this month?

#5859 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

PPS Is there any update on the mirrored backglass? Are they still expected to ship this month?

I still haven't received an update from my distributor. Unable to even order at this time. Curious to know what the plan is with these.

#5860 2 years ago

More pictures shared on the CGC Facebook - looks amazing!

https://www.facebook.com/318222348235230/posts/5012672928790125/?d=n

#5861 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:PPS Is there any update on the mirrored backglass? Are they still expected to ship this month?

My hope is they don't attempt to sell before CGC starts actually shipping games on a consistent basis. I for one don't have any interest in having a back glass sit in a box for months not knowing when I'll get my game. If that means I miss out than so be it

#5862 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My hope is they don't attempt to sell before CGC starts actually shipping games on a consistent basis. I for one don't have any interest in having a back glass sit in a box for months not knowing when I'll get my game. If that means I miss out than so be it

Quite a few are presold. I’d rather have mine in my house and not a warehouse.

#5863 2 years ago
Quoted from kapaun:

More pictures shared on the CGC Facebook - looks amazing!
https://www.facebook.com/318222348235230/posts/5012672928790125/?d=n

Those are from a retailer that CGC linked but nice to see more pictures.

#5864 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Quite a few are presold. I’d rather have mine in my house and not a warehouse.

I hear ya, but at this rate u might have it in your house for a year

#5865 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm good with that...lol. I want that damn mirrored backglass

#5866 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

What does it matter, if you eventually get the pin?
I bought the carbon fiber hood for my Challenger before I even knew which color and which car I was getting.

#5867 2 years ago

I hit up Denver 1 Up @ Colfax and played a few games on their new SE. There’s no comparison to this remake vs the original I also played recently. I couldn’t hear $h?! in that place but the colors of the pin were brilliant, shots flowed nicely, and I really enjoyed the Wild West theme. My son is going to love the moving train. One pinsider created a headlight mod to add to the front of the train on the original. I hope he decides to whip one up and sell or share for the remake. I’m looking forward to receiving my LE.

1295AC1A-B333-4C67-8FEC-D37FA25A3203 (resized).jpeg1295AC1A-B333-4C67-8FEC-D37FA25A3203 (resized).jpegAD9DE91C-608A-4B66-9624-1356C078920B (resized).jpegAD9DE91C-608A-4B66-9624-1356C078920B (resized).jpegAAF8019A-B8D1-499E-95E5-73401FCEA735 (resized).jpegAAF8019A-B8D1-499E-95E5-73401FCEA735 (resized).jpeg00500E54-30D2-47CE-9458-4D7BCE11843E (resized).jpeg00500E54-30D2-47CE-9458-4D7BCE11843E (resized).jpegAFB7CA2B-8C83-4D6A-81BA-D39B9AAE0899 (resized).jpegAFB7CA2B-8C83-4D6A-81BA-D39B9AAE0899 (resized).jpegE79CE149-6F0E-4C5B-8E14-51A9726B002F (resized).jpegE79CE149-6F0E-4C5B-8E14-51A9726B002F (resized).jpegB0871F32-67E6-4AAC-91CF-D418D8B08CEE (resized).jpegB0871F32-67E6-4AAC-91CF-D418D8B08CEE (resized).jpegD411DDE3-0371-4AB5-845C-0E25C0BAA599 (resized).jpegD411DDE3-0371-4AB5-845C-0E25C0BAA599 (resized).jpegD5EA1F2B-0ED1-4FDA-BE44-1047C45B3BB8 (resized).jpegD5EA1F2B-0ED1-4FDA-BE44-1047C45B3BB8 (resized).jpegDC2963EB-872A-4DFF-96B0-0C03ECBFDA7D (resized).jpegDC2963EB-872A-4DFF-96B0-0C03ECBFDA7D (resized).jpeg
#5868 2 years ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

I hit up Denver 1 Up @ Colfax and played a few games on their new SE. There’s no comparison to this remake vs the original I also played recently. I couldn’t hear $h?! in that place but the colors of the pin were brilliant, shots flowed nicely, and I really enjoyed the Wild West theme. My son is going to love the moving train. One pinsider created a headlight mod to add to the front of the train on the original. I hope he decides to whip one up and sell or share for the remake. I’m looking forward to receiving my LE.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great to hear! Glad you enjoyed the game!

Richard

#5869 2 years ago

That sure is purdy!

#5870 2 years ago

Small world… my daughter just sent me this … she loved the game. I am in Arizona but now want to go visit her in Denver!

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#5871 2 years ago

I was there yesterday as well. Thought the game was awesome. Really shoots well. Gun fights are always fun to do. Got to the point where I was battling bionic Bart and it was doing some really cool lighting effects and display graphics. Has bionic Bart always been there or is this part of the enhanced code?

#5872 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I was there yesterday as well. Thought the game was awesome. Really shoots well. Gun fights are always fun to do. Got to the point where I was battling bionic Bart and it was doing some really cool lighting effects and display graphics. Has bionic Bart always been there or is this part of the enhanced code?

Enhanced code. I think they did a really good job with this mode.

#5873 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Enhanced code. I think they did a really good job with this mode.

Yeah, it was bad ass! Now I want a SE!

#5874 2 years ago

Daughter said the ball would get delayed behind bart’s head, not stuck just slowed down … is that normal or maybe a possible adjustment?

#5875 2 years ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

Daughter said the ball would get delayed behind bart’s head, not stuck just slowed down … is that normal or maybe a possible adjustment?

On the one I played the right controlled gate sometimes didn’t seem to quite open all the way. Perhaps it’s hitting there and slowly rolling back.

#5876 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What does it matter, if you eventually get the pin?
I bought the carbon fiber hood for my Challenger before I even knew which color and which car I was getting.

Good for u!

#5877 2 years ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

Would any of our early SE owners want to comment on or give an early review.
We are waiting
Thanks in advance cause I know someone will come through!

Ours has been on the floor for about two weeks, and it's been awesome. I'm not going to share exactly how many plays but pretty much non stop every day since.

As other posts have stated, its such an upgrade from the original and impressive how much of a difference the lighting makes. Everything seems beefier and not having mechanical switches in the ramps any more makes my job a lot easier.

Gameplay-wise, people love it. Feels a lot more immersive and we're excited for the new code DLC that we keep hearing rumors about. We've left the game option stock with the exception of enabling the shootout mode (selecting topper installed) and I wasn't as much of a CC junkie to recall what is new, but it plays like any fan-layout game should: fast with great shots and a flow that is accessible to even novice players.

Mechanically it's been pretty bulletproof so far. We had an issue with balls getting stuck to the left of Bart, but bending down the left corner of the vertical piece under him solved that. We also noticed the ramp shots were hitting really low and sometimes would slide under him so we 3d-printed a small wedge to raise the ramp a few mm. Normally the first week of a game is a lot of tweaks from the techs but so far *knocks on wood* it's been great.

The only negative thing to say about it is the sound. It's hard to describe, but its almost like the speakers were wired backwards because its really hard to hear clearly at times, even when its the only game on at the time. We've been so busy getting some other games ready that we haven't had time to dig into it but something is definitely off. However, one of our bartenders giggled with glee when he heard the "you couldn't hit the broadside of a burrito" callout so maybe its just me I donno. Will repost once I have time to throw some test leads on there and see what's up.

I'm sure the LE will be nice (ours is still on order) but so far we're thrilled with the SE and its another home run for Chicago Gaming as far as I'm concerned. Now if they could just get started on ToM

#5878 2 years ago
Quoted from jonahk:

Ours has been on the floor for about two weeks, and it's been awesome. I'm not going to share exactly how many plays but pretty much non stop every day since.
As other posts have stated, its such an upgrade from the original and impressive how much of a difference the lighting makes. Everything seems beefier and not having mechanical switches in the ramps any more makes my job a lot easier.
Gameplay-wise, people love it. Feels a lot more immersive and we're excited for the new code DLC that we keep hearing rumors about. We've left the game option stock with the exception of enabling the shootout mode (selecting topper installed) and I wasn't as much of a CC junkie to recall what is new, but it plays like any fan-layout game should: fast with great shots and a flow that is accessible to even novice players.
Mechanically it's been pretty bulletproof so far. We had an issue with balls getting stuck to the left of Bart, but bending down the left corner of the vertical piece under him solved that. We also noticed the ramp shots were hitting really low and sometimes would slide under him so we 3d-printed a small wedge to raise the ramp a few mm. Normally the first week of a game is a lot of tweaks from the techs but so far *knocks on wood* it's been great.
The only negative thing to say about it is the sound. It's hard to describe, but its almost like the speakers were wired backwards because its really hard to hear clearly at times, even when its the only game on at the time. We've been so busy getting some other games ready that we haven't had time to dig into it but something is definitely off. However, one of our bartenders giggled with glee when he heard the "you couldn't hit the broadside of a burrito" callout so maybe its just me I donno. Will repost once I have time to throw some test leads on there and see what's up.
I'm sure the LE will be nice (ours is still on order) but so far we're thrilled with the SE and its another home run for Chicago Gaming as far as I'm concerned. Now if they could just get started on ToM

Thanks for sharing!
Richard

#5879 2 years ago
Quoted from jonahk:

When you get time I would be curious to know if the polarity actually is reversed on the back box speakers.
LTG I am curious if CGC games are like stern games in that you are able to select between 4 and 8 ohm on the speakers in the menu?

#5880 2 years ago

Was sent a update from my distributor today.

"Chicago Gaming is currently building the SE model of Cactus Canyon Remake. The production floor is building every game they can with the parts they receive, but a reduction in parts coming through their doors has limited their production capacity. When the SE production is complete they will move on to building the LE version. We will be following up with Chicago Gaming again in mid-May to obtain the latest status and update you at that time. We again apologize for the delay and will update you as soon as we have more information."

#5881 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

"Chicago Gaming is currently building the SE model of Cactus Canyon Remake. The production floor is building every game they can with the parts they receive, but a reduction in parts coming through their doors has limited their production capacity. When the SE production is complete they will move on to building the LE version. We will be following up with Chicago Gaming again in mid-May to obtain the latest status and update you at that time. We again apologize for the delay and will update you as soon as we have more information."

Maybe my basement will be fished before I got my LE! It was going to be a race as I am out of room upstairs for pins.

#5882 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

LTG I am curious if CGC games are like stern games in that you are able to select between 4 and 8 ohm on the speakers in the menu?

No.

#5883 2 years ago
Quoted from jonahk:

Thanks brother for sharing cause I know us anxious pre owners really appreciate it!!

#5884 2 years ago
Quoted from jonahk:

My MMRR was like this stock, really hard to hear the call-outs. Ended up replacing the speakers and it made a world of difference.

#5885 2 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

My MMRR was like this stock, really hard to hear the call-outs. Ended up replacing the speakers and it made a world of difference.

Did you use Flipper Fidelity, Pinball Pro or something else?

#5886 2 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

I did the same on my MMRSE and my AFMLE. I was finally able to hear the call outs. I switched mine with Infinity speakers. Others on the MMR Pinside page were changing there's out for the same reason and the consensus was that the Infinity speakers sounded the best.

#5887 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

When you get time I would be curious to know if the polarity actually is reversed on the back box speakers.

Yup, that's my plan. I haven't had a ton of time to get there before open and once we do there is almost always someone on it and I don't like asking people to move so I can do work unless its absolutely necessary. Hoping to poke around more this week.

While you asked Lloyd, I'll confirm that no that option does not seem to exist in the CGC menus at all it was one of the first things we checked.

The only option other than volume is the subwoofer mix, which doesn't have any impact on the overall clarity unfortunately.

#5888 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

I did the same on my MMRSE and my AFMLE. I was finally able to hear the call outs. I switched mine with Infinity speakers. Others on the MMR Pinside page were changing there's out for the same reason and the consensus was that the Infinity speakers sounded the best.

Do you happen to remember which model you used?

#5889 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Did you use Flipper Fidelity, Pinball Pro or something else?

Just a set of kicker speakers.

Kicker 47KSC3504 KS Series Car Audio 3.5 Inch Coaxial 15 to 50 Watts RMS Power Factory Replacement Car Audio Sound System Speaker

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084HL6DWG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#5890 2 years ago

Weren’t the speakers in MMR different than the ones used with the XL display panels?

#5891 2 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

Hmm… all my 3 remakes I can hear the call outs perfect with the stock speakers.

#5893 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

This was only the second time I've ever played the game, so I couldn't really answer that question. Sorry.

Quoted from sizzler747:

So are they going to build all the SE orders from the run up to the original release date? Or are we going to have to potentially wait for the LE to get made.

I know you don’t know I’m just wondering.

#5894 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

So are they going to build all the SE orders from the run up to the original release date? Or are we going to have to potentially wait for the LE to get made.
I know you don’t know I’m just wondering.

I’m not sure what your question is but they are building approximately 500 SEs then switching to LEs, presumably building all the LEs and then switching to SE+/SE though CGC can easily build LEs/SEs at the same time. We’ll have a better read in 6-8 weeks.

#5895 2 years ago

Hmm… all my 3 remakes I can hear the call outs perfect with the stock speakers.

Yeah, stock speakers on the XL displays are the Pyle kind and I can hear but maybe it gets even better? They look like two way wirh a. Mid cone and tweeter :shrug:

#5896 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yeah, stock speakers on the XL displays are the Pyle kind and I can hear but maybe it gets even better? They look like two way wirh a. Mid cone and tweeter :shrug:

At least on my MMRR the Pyle's were muddy, not good separation of the highs. This was to my old ears, the new speakers had better separation, and the call outs were clearer. If I hear the same thing with my CCR, I will replace the speakers. Audio results are subjective, what sounds good to one person may sound like to trash to somebody else.

#5897 2 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

At least on my MMRR the Pyle's were muddy, not good separation of the highs. This was to my old ears, the new speakers had better separation, and the call outs were clearer. If I hear the same thing with my CCR, I will replace the speakers. Audio results are subjective, what sounds good to one person may sound like to trash to somebody else.

All of the CGC remakes have sounded incredible to me, compared to originals.

My AFMr sounds great after adjusting the subwoofer control, its in the settings...

They have done a great job.

Im certain that replacement speakers can give you another 2% to 5% improvement, to me its just not necessary.

Its a pinball game, not a high end stereo.

The source files are not super clean.

#5898 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

My AFMr sounds great after adjusting the subwoofer control, its in the settings...
Im certain that replacement speakers can give you another 2% to 5% improvement, to me its just not necessary.

What did you adjust the subwoofer to? Up? Down? Thanks!

#5899 2 years ago

What did you adjust the subwoofer to? Up? Down? Thanks!

up by only a notch or 2

#5900 2 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

I've owned all the LE's including the original MMRLE. I'm not saying the sound system or speakers were the best (clearly they are not), but I've never heard a complaint or had a problem hearing the call-outs....this of course was in a home environment....

Quoted from pinballinreno:

Totally agree....AFMRLE and MBRLE had improved sound over my MMRLE, but the MMR was perfectly fine. That being said I'm no audiophile

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/118?hl=charlemagne1987 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.