(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 133.
#5451 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

I wonder if pinball will still be popular. Not sure if new generations will like them. I can’t get my kids to play

I think it will be. At local barcades I see a lot of younger people (in their 20s) playing pinball. My wife’s two sons are in their late 20s and they love pinball. They’re each looking to buy their first game but can’t afford the prices.

#5452 2 years ago

Nah not new These Operator deals

But it was around 2004

#5453 2 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I wonder if 20 years from now we’ll be talking about getting great deals when we say we bought at today’s prices.

Wonder if we will still be waiting the CCR release ...

#5454 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That’s why I asked. I recognized the close out price for Cactus Canyon. $1700-$1800 depending on your distributor.

I couldn’t afford full price NIB pins back then, but around ‘97 some of my prices paid were:

$100 Banzai Run (diamondplated)
$400 Funhouse
$562 Discs of Tron Environmental
$650 TZ
$750 TAF
$1900 CV NIB on closeout
$2300 MM (these were never very cheap b/c they earned so well)

#5455 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I couldn’t afford full price NIB pins back then, but around ‘97 some of my prices paid were:
$2300 MM (these were never very cheap b/c they earned so well)

That was still pretty good back then. I bought my MM NIB for $3855 (that was full retail for a non-operator at the time).

Banzai Run for $100? That was a smokin’ deal …

#5456 2 years ago

I thought prices seemed to be getting high 3-4 years ago and was hoping for a cool-down before I purchased. Ha!

#5457 2 years ago

These price threads are tough to read. Pick-up trucks didn’t cost $75,000 20 years ago either. I saw a $2750 bride of pinbot in the marketplace that looked like it got pulled out of wet basement after 10 years that was sale pending immediately. Blows my mind. Good condition versions of that game were under 1000 when I started and they were for sale all the time. Your best deal nowadays is NIB. Never thought we’d get there.

#5458 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

These price threads are tough to read. Pick-up trucks didn’t cost $75,000 20 years ago either. I saw a $2750 bride of pinbot in the marketplace that looked like it got pulled out of wet basement after 10 years that was sale pending immediately. Blows my mind. Good condition versions of that game were under 1000 when I started and they were for sale all the time. Your best deal nowadays is NIB. Never thought we’d get there.

‘Patience’ is your discount now. If you can put your order in and wait patiently, it’s kind of like a coupon. Otherwise you end up paying a premium to have it ‘now’. If you think about it, you can pretty much put your name on the list for any game you want now and then you’ve got a year to sell one or save up for when the invoice arrives

#5459 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Patience’ is your discount now

Hope no manufacture figures out to add money as they don't guarantee a fixed price at purchase ...
Coupon expired fast...

#5460 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Hope no manufacture figures out to add money as they don't guarantee a fixed price at purchase ...
Coupon expired fast...

Umm, what?

#5461 2 years ago

The Stern trick ... delay the builds and keeping passing the cost to the customer ...

#5462 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

The Stern trick ... delay the builds and keeping passing the cost to the customer ...

I thought you were trying to say that.

However for those that have an invoice and have paid a deposit, changing the price after the fact would seem to be a pretty obvious breech of contract.

#5463 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

However for those that have an invoice and have paid a deposit, changing the price after the fact would seem to be a pretty obvious breech of contract.

That is exactly what Stern did to me with Elvira. I said F them, canceled the order and thankfully got lucky and found a really nice one for a great deal.

#5464 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Stern distributors are doing that though. They say they can apparently because the game has not left the factory and you didn't receive the game yet.

#5465 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Stern distributors are doing that though. They say they can apparently because the game has not left the factory and you didn't receive the game yet.

Stern is doing that to their distributors. I'm sure there are shady distributors out there but most of this is Stern.

Stern has their distributors presell games than will delay it into oblivion and keep raising the prices.

EHoH is a prime example of that. They've been taking preorders since early 2021 telling people they'd make them in December of 2021 and sell them at a cost of $8500 msrp. Stern then decided to run the 40th Editions for an absurd cost instead of the already ordered premiums causing a delay in those premiums.

Stern clearly had the parts and capacity to make the premiums they've sold, they just decided to do the cash grab approach by adding some powder coating and selling the game for $25k...

Now they're slated for Dec of 2022 with an almost $11k msrp. And we all know they'll probably push that date back again and raise the prices again...

The distributors want to give you the game for the agreed upon price. Stern is making that impossible.

This is why I'm hoping for a smooth experience buying from CGC as I feel pretty betrayed by Stern. I was one of those guys with a preorder on EHoH.

#5466 2 years ago

Wow, never heard of that. Crazy. That won’t happen with CGC. The LE price was low due to the fact that they wanted to give us a great value. SE a great price as well!
Good game going on here!

2953EDC1-801B-4A4C-BD92-67D0E82165A0 (resized).jpeg2953EDC1-801B-4A4C-BD92-67D0E82165A0 (resized).jpeg
#5467 2 years ago

Wow.. I came here looking for an update on CCr...

#5468 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Wow.. I came here looking for an update on CCr...

CGC doesn’t believe in updates.

#5469 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

The distributors want to give you the game for the agreed upon price.

And since your contract is with the distributor and not Stern, the distributor should be on the hook for the price.

#5470 2 years ago
Quoted from MooButt:

CGC doesn’t believe in updates.

The thread was on fire so I though some one got a game..

We have 3 CGC remakes and they are great. It will be worth the wait. I am sure that your distro can give you an approximate delivery date.

#5471 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Wow, never heard of that. Crazy. That won’t happen with CGC. The LE price was low due to the fact that they wanted to give us a great value. SE a great price as well!

Going to be reaching out to you for the difference if they do ...
Never say never cost of everything is inflated...
Do you really think they wouldn't do this if the bottom line suffers ?
Shallow thinking that they are building these as a great value to the customer...
Please take no offence...
Business need to make money, they are not building these out of the kindness of their hearts...
The longer the delay the greater the possiblity

#5472 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Shallow thinking that they are building these as a great value to the customer...

You have not met the Duba family. You can be as negative as you like but they are here for a win win situation. They are genuinely good people.

Back out of your game if you are not happy. I am sure there are plenty of people that will take your spot.

#5473 2 years ago

You have not met the Duba family. You can be as negative as you like but they are here for a win win situation. They are genuinely good people.

And I think they showed that when the pricing was announced.
The games could’ve easily been priced higher and it wouldn’t have impacted sales much, if at all.

#5474 2 years ago

The thread was on fire so I though some one got a game..
We have 3 CGC remakes and they are great. It will be worth the wait. I am sure that your distro can give you an approximate delivery date.

I’ve asked many times. No estimate on delivery. I get asked for ETA’s and lead times on products every day. Why are you white knighting for CGC as they keep us in the dark?

#5475 2 years ago

Anytime I hear “supply line issues”…

CAC63602-5B98-4091-A470-CBBEAFC3E4D6.gifCAC63602-5B98-4091-A470-CBBEAFC3E4D6.gif

#5476 2 years ago

They are genuinely good people.

Perhaps ... but they have bills to pay as well ... don't think they do this for free ...
In for the long run but sure there will be more ...

#5477 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Perhaps ... but they have bills to pay as well ... don't think they do this for free ...
In for the long run but sure there will be more ...

Stop complaining then. Complaining will not make the game come any quicker.. It will get there when it gets there.

#5478 2 years ago
Quoted from MooButt:

I’ve asked many times. No estimate on delivery. I get asked for ETA’s and lead times on products every day. Why are you white knighting for CGC as they keep us in the dark?

If you are not happy, back out of your order. I am sure as soon as they know, they will let you know. Game was only announced a few months ago. How long did MMr take?

It is pinball. if you have not learnt to be patient, now may be the time. CGC are genuine and your game is coming.

#5479 2 years ago

I’ve got a $1,000 deposit down on both CCrLE and Alien LV with two holes in my lineup for both of them to fill. You want to wait forever for a machine then call up Cointaker and get on the list for a Big Lebowski or Alien. You’ll see real quick what a strokefest it is to buy a game these days. Apparently there is a container full of Alien machines sitting in a port somewhere on the east coast that for some mysterious reason nobody can access.

Want to avoid BS delays from overseas shipping…buy an American Made machine. I personally don’t care how long any machine takes to acquire as long as the final product quality was worth it. Anyone complaining about CGC in general has probably not owned one of their games. CGC hasn’t given you an update??? Where was that clause in your purchase agreement?? Get your money back and or find a new hobby.

#5480 2 years ago

Men, 50+ new posts and only whining...

#5481 2 years ago

End of discussion, anyone asking for an update must cancel their order and quit the hobby because that clause doesn’t exist in a non-existent purchase contract…

#5482 2 years ago

I've got a feeling we are gonna hear something pretty soon. And usually I'm spot on.
They are ready to ship maybe.

#5483 2 years ago

Here’s a fun activity for everyone to try while we all wait for our machines.

Search local dive bars as far and wide as you can for the most neglected, improperly set up, dirty, dimly lit, weak flippered, boat anchor of a machine. Play it as much as you can stomach even with it’s shallow code, horrible callouts, most importantly no topper of course. Pretend this is your only machine, all you have to look forward to in your entire life of pinball.

Appreciate what you have or soon will. I’m not sure where the entitled mentality comes from. Take a vacation to an underprivileged country…when are they getting their LE’s in Zimbabwe? I demand an update!!!! Psssshhh.

#5484 2 years ago
Quoted from JoeHog:

I've got a feeling we are gonna hear something pretty soon. And usually I'm spot on.

That would be cool!

#5485 2 years ago
Quoted from JoeHog:

Yes, and sooner than you think.

#5486 2 years ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

Search local dive bars as far and wide as you can for the most neglected, improperly set up, dirty, dimly lit, weak flippered, boat anchor of a machine. Play it as much as you can stomach even with it’s shallow code, horrible callouts, most importantly no topper of course. Pretend this is your only machine, all you have to look forward to in your entire life of pinball.

You first. Let us know how you make out.

#5487 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

It is a clear breach of contract, but I believe your remedy would be to cancel the order and receive a full refund. You could sue for specific performance on the contract but that is a weak legal argument as how were you injured? Your partial payment could be repaid and you are made whole . . . A better legal argument might occur if you paid the full amount and THEN the price was raised. Then your damage would be the difference/increased price, but again, a full refund would make you whole.

#5488 2 years ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

It is a clear breach of contract, but I believe your remedy would be to cancel the order and receive a full refund. You could sue for specific performance on the contract but that is a weak legal argument as how were you injured? Your partial payment could be repaid and you are made whole . . . A better legal argument might occur if you paid the full amount and THEN the price was raised. Then your damage would be the difference/increased price, but again, a full refund would make you whole.

I can speak for my Elvira order from Stern where they raised the price from 8K to 8.5K after I had the deposit down. They offered to cancel and get my deposit back so there really isn't any legal reason to complain. I am not aware of anyone that was not given the option to back out of the deal and simply get your money back. The ironic thing is that I was kind of pissy pants that they raised the price on Elvira, almost cancelled the order thinking that was outrageous. Now I have a Deadpool on order for 9K............. My distributor is a super guy and he is just the messenger in the whole deal.

I think the moral of the story is if you think the price is high, just wait longer! I do think that a deposit down will not guarantee future price raises.

#5489 2 years ago

This post topic needs to be changed to "I'm Bored and want to bitch about random topics preferably that have nothing to do with CCr" Hard to wade through all the bs to see if any updates. By the way, the latest update is
"No update to report -- we are working on it and will advise when status changes. Thank you for your patience and your business!"

But instead they choose the path of radio silence so that the market can speculate and panic. This isn't Lebowski or Alien fraud happening -- you WILL get your game just go play your other ones while waiting. It may be a while based on past experience.

The good news -- nobody bitched about the Powerpoint for over 50 posts!!

#5490 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdog50:

True that!!!!

#5491 2 years ago

It's been confirmed that the SEs will be hitting the street this week.

#5492 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdog50:

This post topic needs to be changed to "I'm Bored and want to bitch about random topics preferably that have nothing to do with CCr" Hard to wade through all the bs to see if any updates. By the way, the latest update is
"No update to report -- we are working on it and will advise when status changes. Thank you for your patience and your business!"
But instead they choose the path of radio silence so that the market can speculate and panic. This isn't Lebowski or Alien fraud happening -- you WILL get your game just go play your other ones while waiting. It may be a while based on past experience.

I agree it is sad to see this thread go from hype to gripe. I will say that a little communication from CGC would be nice, but given the supply chain issues going on in every industry right now i think we all know what they would say if they updated us. CGC has never been fast bringing games to market even in normal times, but they have also never disappointed us with high quality kick ass games and i have no reason to think that this time will be any different.

#5493 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

It's been confirmed that the SEs will be hitting the street this week.

Confirmed by who?

I have a SE on order and my distributor has not told me that.

#5494 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Confirmed by who?
I have a SE on order and my distributor has not told me that.

Can't say yet. But I know for a fact it is true. This will be the first concrete/accurate news in 5494 posts.

Enjoy!

#5495 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Can't say yet. But I know for a fact it is true. This will be the first concrete/accurate news in 5494 posts.
Enjoy!

Nice!
I wonder how many SEs will ship before they switch to LEs? I gave my deposit Nov 2nd
For my SE. I assume that would mean I’m near the front? Maybe?
Richard

#5496 2 years ago

I smell games coming. That sucks on Valentine's day.

#5497 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Not necessarily.

We have had two similar reports in the last few weeks from people convinced shipments were imminent.

Here’s hoping the third time’s the charm …

But a little strange we haven’t heard of anyone receiving a final invoice yet.

#5498 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not necessarily.
We have had two similar reports in the last few weeks from people convinced shipments were imminent.

Yup, I totally understand. But this is a mortal lock. SEs in the wild this week.

#5499 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not necessarily.

Based on the people who took the poll on this thread only has 15% of us are in on the SE, and I imagine a lot of those people upgraded to the SE+ after that was announced.

It wouldn't be too surprising if the first batch of SEs that go out go to people not following this thread.

#5500 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Based on the people who took the poll on this thread only has 15% of us are in on the SE, and I imagine a lot of those people upgraded to the SE+ after that was announced.
It wouldn't be too surprising if the first batch of SEs that go out go to people not following this thread.

True. And only a fraction of owners of any new game are on here anyway.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Trade
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/110?hl=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.