(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

61 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 839 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 minutes ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 140 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 34 votes
    10%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 34 votes
    10%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 144 votes
    42%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 134 votes
    39%

(346 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

feeling-it-dancing-cowboy.gif
IMG_3756 (resized).jpg
1CC52026-A25B-40CE-97E0-FEF8C4637976.gif
Screenshot_20211020-224703_Chrome (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
D8D2D101-B41D-4A2D-9D5C-81D08B703997 (resized).png
CGC (resized).jpeg
1193553_FreshCactusCanyonWallArtVectorOption1Version1_100721 (resized).jpeg
E13DDCDC-6EF0-4A3D-9F06-9A6CC11B2289 (resized).jpeg
48hours-new-sheriff.gif
5E87DD8E-869B-4F24-9F23-D4F58E2AD27A (resized).png
kinda-let-us-down-a-little-bit-trace-atkins.gif
8E47E1FC-3266-40A5-9DB4-32520034C067 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 839 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 17.
#501 28 days ago

Maybe they will have a pre-production model at expo? You never know....

Quoted from zaki:

It's never coming in 2021. Yawn. More delays.

#502 28 days ago
Quoted from Faust:

A little disappointing to hear we need to wait another 1-3 months to the reveil, but I’m a patient guy.
They announced it too early I guess.

1-3 months is when PPS guesses that LEs will be shipped, pricing/details to be announced sooner, though no specifics at all on that.

#503 28 days ago

I’m hoping we get some news at expo.

#504 28 days ago
Quoted from Chumbuket:

I’m hoping we get some news at expo.

No game to show ... 4-6 weeks - waiting on approvals- 2022

#505 28 days ago
Quoted from Faust:

A little disappointing to hear we need to wait another 1-3 months to the reveil, but I’m a patient guy.

It can't be longer than Jersey Jack when they announced Guns N' Roses (LE)
May 27th - Oct 5 2020 (131 days)

#506 28 days ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I got into pinball late. I really wish I could get my hands on a NIB AFM. Any one know where I could get a new AFM remake or MM remake? Why can’t they do more runs?

They said they are going to do another run on MM, but when is the question.The way he talked, it sounded like right after the CC run.

#507 28 days ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

They said they are going to do another run on MM, but when is the question.The way he talked, it sounded like right after the CC run.

#508 28 days ago

Where did CGC/PPS say there will NOT be a classic? I have not heard that and even pinballnews reported there would be 3; The Classic, special edition and LE.

#509 28 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Where did CGC/PPS say there will NOT be a classic? I have not heard that and even pinballnews reported there would be 3; The Classic, special edition and LE.

At the show where they announced CCR... with no game and a slide show, also said they would do more MMR

#510 28 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

, also said they would do more MMR

Sucks for the people that have been paying stupid money for a used MMR

#511 28 days ago
Quoted from woody76:

paying stupid money for a used MMR

well the way prices are going up .... guess we will see what the new cost to build these units will be , or just a big mark up because they can!

#512 28 days ago
Quoted from woody76:

Sucks for the people that have been paying stupid money for a used MMR

I'm sure they will still be stupid money. Just not as much while they are making the new batch. Also they didn't say how many more they would make again. I heard last run they only made 550. 378 of those were Royals.

#513 28 days ago

No more royals was the message, but maybe more MMr later.

#514 28 days ago
Quoted from Faust:

I'm trying to read this thread and understanding where this comment is coming from. 1-3 months based on what?

#515 28 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm trying to read this thread and understanding where this comment is coming from. 1-3 months based on what?

Email from Planetary pinball said 1-3 month guess only.

#516 28 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Estimate from PPS who it is reasonable to assume may have some inside info.

#517 28 days ago

That was for LE. Their specials could already be made and ready to ship. No one knows.

#518 28 days ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

That was for LE. Their specials could already be made and ready to ship. No one knows.

This would for sure help their cause. Hard to believe it is taking them 3 years.

#519 28 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

well the way prices are going up .... guess we will see what the new cost to build these units will be , or just a big mark up because they can!

And because there are still people who are willing to pay exorbitant prices for pinball machines.....

#520 27 days ago

Can you only get a LE from PPS or can my local distributor get them as well?

#521 27 days ago
Quoted from Jcamm:

Can you only get a LE from PPS or can my local distributor get them as well?

Most distributors get an allotment of LEs. The issues are 1) how many does each get 2) will they Jack up the price way over MSRP 3) will they sell first to their preferred customers

#522 27 days ago

Did CGC say they are not making a classic edition of CCR? I hope they do because I think that might be the way to go on this title.

#523 27 days ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Did CGC say they are not making a classic edition of CCR? I hope they do because I think that might be the way to go on this title.

#524 27 days ago

Notice they don't say anything about "new software." Isn't that what everybody is clamoring for?

Not sure why...except for a tiny bit of polish, the game seems complete to me. It's even got a wizard mode, a fun one.

#525 27 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Notice they don't say anything about "new software." Isn't that what everybody is clamoring for?
Not sure why...except for a tiny bit of polish, the game seems complete to me. It's even got a wizard mode, a fun one.

This is from our Aussie distro:

- Limited Edition:

Extra Large Color LCD Display including Full Color High Resolution Graphics,

Special cabinet trim.

Multicolored backbox speakers.

Shaker Motor included.

1st Interactive Custom topper with a Mini-game attached to it, and the topper will only be available with the Limited Edition.

Priced at TBA New In Box

You are correct, no mention about new or improved software.

#526 27 days ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

This is from our Aussie distro:
- Limited Edition:
Extra Large Color LCD Display including Full Color High Resolution Graphics,
Special cabinet trim.
Multicolored backbox speakers.
Shaker Motor included.
1st Interactive Custom topper with a Mini-game attached to it, and the topper will only be available with the Limited Edition.
Priced at TBA New In Box
You are correct, no mention about new or improved software.

Thanks for that info.
I really hope any code enhancement goes beyond a mini topper game.

#527 27 days ago

The very premise of their pinball OS is that they no longer will be just strictly emulation outside the original game.

You aren’t seeing CCC - but you bet they will be flushing out the other game elements and effects that were lacking in CC… plus their topper nonsense etc

#528 27 days ago
Quoted from Vino:

Thanks for that info.
I really hope any code enhancement goes beyond a mini topper game.

I really hope so too. I think the game needs additional software (code enhancement) to make it really sell well. There is a lot of good competition at the moment. Godzilla, Ultraman, Gunners, etc

#529 27 days ago

Who is mrpinball.com.au?

#530 27 days ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Who is mrpinball.com.au?

Australian distro for CGC.

#531 27 days ago

In the presentation they stated they would have updated code and toys

#532 27 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Maybe you are thinking about CCC.

The original WMS is woefully incomplete and buggy. I won’t consider a remake if it only has the original code. Shame too because I live the theme and some if the playfield features.

#533 27 days ago

Definitely says new code. Can't wait to get one.
Screenshot_20210924-124400_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

#534 27 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Maybe you are thinking about CCC.
The original WMS is woefully incomplete and buggy. I won’t consider a remake if it only has the original code. Shame too because I live the theme and some if the playfield features.

I haven’t noticed anything missing besides the match animation / music, and it doesn’t seem too incomplete to me and I haven’t noticed any bugs. Which things are you thinking about?

I certainly may have missed something, I’ve only
Had it a few weeks.

#535 27 days ago

Well maybe my memory is faulty as I first played the game in 2000 and then again in 2016 but - missing multiple Bart modes, no Bionic Bart, unfinished video mode, missing music, missing speech, repetitive/shallow modes (one that always felt like a placeholder/stub - can’t remember which though). It is interesting to play because it’s incomplete but I would want better code (and it sounds like we will be getting it).

And it’s possible I’m still disappointed I passed on a $1700 close out deal on CC because I could only afford RFM or CC at the time and who was going to want the last “old gen” game? :/

#536 27 days ago

Seeing that a classic version will be available makes me happy.

#537 27 days ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Me too. I might be back in the “Interested” party now.

#538 27 days ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Definitely says new code. Can't wait to get one.
[quoted image]

Where did that flyer come from?

#539 27 days ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Where did that flyer come from?

From the Australian distributors website (Mr Pinball).

#540 27 days ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I kept seeing 3 versions but everyone who went to the presentation said CGC is only releasing 2 versions.

#541 27 days ago
Quoted from chillme:

Planetary is only selling LE's. It's been said that CGC has games in boxes ready to ship, so it sounds like the non LE games will ship first. I say to let them work the kinks out on the non LE's first then build the LE's at a later date.
On the list for a LE and eager for more details.

I wasn't aware that Planetary is only selling LEs. I would have thought they would want to sell all versions. Any idea why they will only sell LEs?

#542 27 days ago
Quoted from t2000:

I wasn't aware that Planetary is only selling LEs. I would have thought they would want to sell all versions. Any idea why they will only sell LEs?

That's not exactly the correct interpretation of the information provided. They are only taking preorders for the LE right now (well in the very near future). They aren't on the non limited variants (whatever those might be). Why nobody posted the actual email instead of making statements and letting speculation run wild is a little confusing to me so here is the exact email.

CCR LE LIST INFO:

Wanted to take a moment to thank everyone that asked to be on our list. We are still waiting on details, like pricing so please stand by for that. If you have ordered your game with us before it should be very similar. I know everyone wants to know their spot in line, but it is too early to know as some people on my list will probably back out due to various reasons and the list will change so please be patient for final spots in line. You will have a chance to put your deposit in if you are on this list, and that in return will set your spot we go off to notify when your game is ready.

if you got this message you are on my list and below are some random pieces of information that might be helpful about how our ordering process will go:

• “you are on the list” what this means is, as long as CGC makes CCR you will have the chance to buy the LE, this list is only for the LE model. We are not taking orders for any other models at this time. We never over sell spots. If we took your name we have a spot for you.

• “deposits” We take deposits by check, CC, PayPal. Deposits and spots in line can be canceled and refunded at any time before you make your final payment.

• “final payments” only to be paid by check, direct deposit, or wire transfer no exceptions. After the final payment is made no refunds can be given. Final payments are only collected when your game is ready. If you know this will be an issue for payment we will need to remove you from the list. We have never taken CC’s or PayPal for game sales, only for the deposit which will be deducted from your final balance when your game is ready. Right now we are still months out so there is time to plan if needed. We can skip over people as well if you want to be last.

• “number match” I know everyone wants the same numbers and that is up to CGC and always has been so please standby for that update from them.

• “shipping” we do curbside only w/ insurance and we use FEDEX or R&L we never use economy shippers and we cap at $300. That is always on top of the game price. Shipping is always paid for by the customer. The customer can arrange their own shipping which requires a BOL sent to us. NO PICKUPS AT CGC W/O BOL.

• If I were to guess a time a frame, I would say 2-3 months until LE’s start to roll out (key word is guess).

• We generally ship 5-20 games per batch when they start shipping and batches can sometimes be every 2 weeks so it can go by fast when the time comes.

Right now there is nothing to do but wait. I know most people want more info on the actual game and what it will offer so please keep waiting. If you decide the game is not for you, we can remove you from the list no problem. When I get an official CGC update I will send it out. Thank you!

#543 27 days ago

For no color dmd, I hope it's reasonably priced.

#544 27 days ago

I really hope it has the saloon doors in front of Bart. That area has always seemed strange/wide open to me. The doors are a must have to me to add a needed challenge and finish off the aesthetics to that part of the playfield.

#545 26 days ago
Quoted from Methos:

For no color dmd, I hope it's reasonably priced.

Not for us in Australia. Hopefully you can buy the chip and turn the standard display to color.

#546 26 days ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

That's not exactly the correct interpretation of the information provided. They are only taking preorders for the LE right now (well in the very near future). They aren't on the non limited variants (whatever those might be). Why nobody posted the actual email instead of making statements and letting speculation run wild is a little confusing to me so here is the exact email.

CCR LE LIST INFO:
Wanted to take a moment to thank everyone that asked to be on our list. We are still waiting on details, like pricing so please stand by for that. If you have ordered your game with us before it should be very similar. I know everyone wants to know their spot in line, but it is too early to know as some people on my list will probably back out due to various reasons and the list will change so please be patient for final spots in line. You will have a chance to put your deposit in if you are on this list, and that in return will set your spot we go off to notify when your game is ready.
if you got this message you are on my list and below are some random pieces of information that might be helpful about how our ordering process will go:
• “you are on the list” what this means is, as long as CGC makes CCR you will have the chance to buy the LE, this list is only for the LE model. We are not taking orders for any other models at this time. We never over sell spots. If we took your name we have a spot for you.
• “deposits” We take deposits by check, CC, PayPal. Deposits and spots in line can be canceled and refunded at any time before you make your final payment.
• “final payments” only to be paid by check, direct deposit, or wire transfer no exceptions. After the final payment is made no refunds can be given. Final payments are only collected when your game is ready. If you know this will be an issue for payment we will need to remove you from the list. We have never taken CC’s or PayPal for game sales, only for the deposit which will be deducted from your final balance when your game is ready. Right now we are still months out so there is time to plan if needed. We can skip over people as well if you want to be last.
• “number match” I know everyone wants the same numbers and that is up to CGC and always has been so please standby for that update from them.
• “shipping” we do curbside only w/ insurance and we use FEDEX or R&L we never use economy shippers and we cap at $300. That is always on top of the game price. Shipping is always paid for by the customer. The customer can arrange their own shipping which requires a BOL sent to us. NO PICKUPS AT CGC W/O BOL.
• If I were to guess a time a frame, I would say 2-3 months until LE’s start to roll out (key word is guess).
• We generally ship 5-20 games per batch when they start shipping and batches can sometimes be every 2 weeks so it can go by fast when the time comes.
Right now there is nothing to do but wait. I know most people want more info on the actual game and what it will offer so please keep waiting. If you decide the game is not for you, we can remove you from the list no problem. When I get an official CGC update I will send it out. Thank you!

Yes I got this email as well. I was questioning a previous post that stated Planetary was only going to sell LEs as that just doesn’t make sense and seems contrary to their email.

#547 26 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Yep. The trick with new Sterns is to put a 25 pnd weight in the cab. Then it doesn't feel like a wobbly picnic table when you play.
Jjp has fallen to the worst in service and quality.

Or, they could put a 12 inch sub and big amplifier to make it heavier.

#548 22 days ago
04811271-0C40-4D58-BC56-0DE46C0E75C5 (resized).jpeg
#549 22 days ago

I emailed Sara at PPS but haven't heard back. Are there other dists. that are doing a preorder list for LEs?

#550 22 days ago
Quoted from happyclan:

I emailed Sara at PPS but haven't heard back. Are there other dists. that are doing a preorder list for LEs?

I am sure if you call around someone can go ahead and lock you in

There are 839 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside