(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 133.
#5351 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinster5000:

betting lines in Vegas

The CGC crew is there now ... gambling with all the deposit money

#5352 2 years ago

I have been half-tempted to reach out to CGC via their "Contact Us" form on their website which they state is for inquiries related either to "sales or general information questions." I think there is an argument to be made that a status update inquiry concerning CCr could fall into both categories. However, I have refrained from taking this avenue since (1) I don't think they would respond anyway; and (2) they have possibly already been overrun with folks (outside of this thread) trying to ferret out updates using this channel of communication. So... I, like everyone else in this thread, will keep patiently waiting on official news regarding game completion / shipment. I'm looking forward to it whenever it finally occurs.

#5353 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

. I, like everyone else in this thread, will keep patiently waiting on official news

dont-hold-your-breath-dont-count-on-it.gifdont-hold-your-breath-dont-count-on-it.gif
#5354 2 years ago

Ok, I have an update...well sort of. I'm in for an SE and I ordered through Cointaker. I emailed Melissa a couple of days ago asking if she knew when games would be shipping. Here's what I heard back (remember this is ALL I heard and I'm just the messenger here).

"Some should start shipping next week from factory from what we are told…do not know how many or when ours will begin shipping…I think they are shipping very small qty to each dealer until everyone gets at least a few."

At least it's some news, right?!

#5355 2 years ago
Quoted from SpecialK-33:

Ok, I have an update...well sort of. I'm in for an SE and I ordered through Cointaker. I emailed Melissa a couple of days ago asking if she knew when games would be shipping. Here's what I heard back (remember this is ALL I heard and I'm just the messenger here).
"Some should start shipping next week from factory from what we are told…do not know how many or when ours will begin shipping…I think they are shipping very small qty to each dealer until everyone gets at least a few."

Cool! Good to hear! Excited to see some pics and hear some input of customers getting theirs games on this thread!
Will be exciting times for sure!

Richard

#5356 2 years ago
Quoted from SpecialK-33:

Wonderful News if true

Not sure why no one else was able to give an update about the games shipping status

Hopefully CGC will enlighten this week

#5357 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

I have been half-tempted to reach out to CGC via their "Contact Us" form on their website which they state is for inquiries related either to "sales or general information questions." I think there is an argument to be made that a status update inquiry concerning CCr could fall into both categories. However, I have refrained from taking this avenue since (1) I don't think they would respond anyway; and (2) they have possibly already been overrun with folks (outside of this thread) trying to ferret out updates using this channel of communication. So... I, like everyone else in this thread, will keep patiently waiting on official news regarding game completion / shipment. I'm looking forward to it whenever it finally occurs.

Or pickup the phone, call them and ask for Doug.... no need to sweat if emails go answered or not... the head guy is well known and plays accessible.

#5358 2 years ago
Quoted from SpecialK-33:

I doubt that is true. They said they would send out emails for final payment 2 weeks before machine ships out for delivery.

#5359 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

I doubt that is true. They said they would send out emails for final payment 2 weeks before machine ships out for delivery.

That doesn’t mean it isn’t true. It’s possible that someone who doesn’t read either of the two CCr threads has received their final invoice.

#5360 2 years ago

sounds like CGC has about 3 people assembling machines....

#5361 2 years ago

Hey. Guy with the awesome gameroom, I call BS unless you get some saloon doors installed down there.

This is the most I’ve been excited for a “new” game in several years, probably since Deadpool… and the “delay” isn’t bothering me a bit. Take time. Get right. Chill. Flip. Enjoy.

#5362 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Hey. Guy with the awesome gameroom, I call BS unless you get some saloon doors installed down there.
This is the most I’ve been excited for a “new” game in several years, probably since Deadpool… and the “delay” isn’t bothering me a bit. Take time. Get right. Chill. Flip. Enjoy.

Hey. Guy who I think is talking to me, I call reading comprehension problem whether you have saloon doors or not.

This is the most excited I’ve been for *any* game in several years, probably since Elvira … and the “delay” isn’t bothering me a bit either. I’m in this for the long haul whether I see my game next month or next year. There probably aren’t many more excited about Cactus Canyon Remake than I am.

Take time? Check - waiting since about 1999.
Chill. Flip. Enjoy? Check, check and check - all the time in my awesome game room.

#5363 2 years ago

Don’t forget SE owners did NOT require a $1000 deposit so maybe it’s plausible

Only LE/SE+

He stated was in for a SE

Just sayin

#5364 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Hey. Guy who I think is talking to me, I call reading comprehension problem whether you have saloon doors or not.
This is the most excited I’ve been for *any* game in several years, probably since Elvira … and the “delay” isn’t bothering me a bit either. I’m in this for the long haul whether I see my game next month or next year. There probably aren’t many more excited about Cactus Canyon Remake than I am.
Chill. Flip. Enjoy? Check, check and check - all the time in my awesome game room.

Cheers brother. I like your cat playing pinball profile pic even more now that I see you could have chosen a crazy gameroom pic.

Back to silent waiting!

#5365 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Don’t forget SE owners did NOT require a $1000 deposit so maybe it’s plausible
Only LE/SE+
He stated was in for a SE
Just sayin

SE buyers will still be getting a final invoice.

#5366 2 years ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

SE buyers will still be getting a final invoice.

True

Hopefully soon …

When ….

Very Soon …

#5367 2 years ago

Other people waiting for CCr… <crickets>

Me waiting for CCr…. <punches start on MBrLE>

I’ve done all my waiting already…. Good luck guys… your CCr’s will get there around middle of June. If my experience on my MB aligns with all the COVID delays for CCr, I would feel lucky getting it by the Forth of July.

#5368 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Other people waiting for CCr… <crickets>
Me waiting for CCr…. <punches start on MBrLE>
I’ve done all my waiting already…. Good luck guys… your CCr’s will get there around middle of June. If my experience on my MB aligns with all the COVID delays for CCr, I would feel lucky getting it by the Forth of July.

Bublehead I recall your posts on the MBr thread while waiting, back when you got South Park from a show or something like that. when it was all over and we got our games it wasn’t as fun anymore. I think you should start lamenting here more often, if we’re lucky, we’ve got til the Fourth of July

#5369 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not to call you out, it why are your views so different on the other thread?

A551ADAF-140B-474A-87D4-722FC338FDB5 (resized).pngA551ADAF-140B-474A-87D4-722FC338FDB5 (resized).png
#5370 2 years ago
Quoted from dog:

Not to call you out, it why are your views so different on the other thread?

I don’t think they are different at all. I think I’ve been pretty consistent. (I didn’t take the position Tallon had initially responded to. I was pointing out a key thing he missed).

Even with the original shipping estimates I didn’t really expect to see my game before late summer or fall. If it does, great! If not, fine.

The second paragraph you quoted is key. The inquisitive person in me would eventually love to know why things were delayed. But it doesn’t really matter does it? Maybe CGC doesn’t want to (or can’t) make it known. My order isn’t conditional on when my game ships. My collection is essentially done. If I never get another game, it’s fine. But I’m not cancelling Cactus Canyon because the game is late or we may never see what Lyman envisioned.

My disappointment is that CGC hadn’t said anything in over three months. I was in sales for about 5 years in my career (though on the technical side). If I ever kept a customer completely in the dark this long after setting initial expectations I would’ve been out of a job. Although quite a bit of information was confidential there were always ways to keep them updated if something unexpected came up.

I’ve been waiting for an A/V receiver for about a year. It’s caught up in the supply chain. Every few weeks or so I get an automated email update from the distributor - “sorry, the item you are interested in is still out of stock” or something like that. At one point, I got a new estimate for availability but it changed again. My life didn’t end. And that’s for a product I haven’t put a deposit on. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to get at least that same level of communication for a more substantial purchase.

#5371 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Even with the original shipping estimates I didn’t really expect to see my game before late summer or fall. If it does, great! If not, ok

I think we will see our games sooner then this. Could be that there are a bunch built just waiting on a part or two and then will go out in large batches when parts arrive. This is my hope at least.

#5372 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I think we will see our games sooner then this. Could be that there are a bunch built just waiting on a part or two and then will go out in large batches when parts arrive. This is my hope at least.

Dreams are free.....

#5373 2 years ago

Anyone know if CGC plans to create flyers for the SE/SE+ and/or the LE even if we have to print them ourselves?

Or are flyers for new games gone for good?

#5374 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Anyone know if CGC plans to create flyers for the SE/SE+ and/or the LE even if we have to print them ourselves?
Or are flyers for new games gone for good?

I have the MMr & MBr.

I don't think they've ever made a flyer for their games.....wish they would.

#5375 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I have the MMr & MBr.
I don't think they've ever made a flyer for their games.

They did make flyers for some of the remakes.
Medieval remake flyer front (resized).jpgMedieval remake flyer front (resized).jpg
Medieval remake flyer back (resized).jpgMedieval remake flyer back (resized).jpg
Monster Bash remake flyer front (resized).jpgMonster Bash remake flyer front (resized).jpg
Monster Bash remake flyer back (resized).jpgMonster Bash remake flyer back (resized).jpg
Attack from Mars remake flyer (resized).jpgAttack from Mars remake flyer (resized).jpg

#5376 2 years ago
16C28471-DEF6-4D4C-A1AD-1497160A2751 (resized).jpeg16C28471-DEF6-4D4C-A1AD-1497160A2751 (resized).jpeg
#5377 2 years ago

I wish CGC would do a flyer for CCr similar to those just posted... it would be a great companion piece to the game. However, if neither CGC nor PPS have released one by now I doubt it is in the works.

#5378 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

I wish CGC would do a flyer for CCr similar to those just posted... it would be a great companion piece to the game. However, if neither CGC nor PPS have released one by now I doubt it is in the works.

This is probably why there is no update. They are trying to get the flyer just right.

#5379 2 years ago
Quoted from jmhewitt:

This is probably why there is no update. They are trying to get the flyer just right.

Ok, that’s gold.

#5380 2 years ago
Quoted from jmhewitt:

E2505815-DE31-4960-883B-39773C588F97 (resized).jpegE2505815-DE31-4960-883B-39773C588F97 (resized).jpeg
#5381 2 years ago
Quoted from jmhewitt:

Haha, that was good.
I buy the original style flyers off eBay. I think they are cool, but CGC ones would be great as well.

387F5555-21C2-42E8-805B-79BB6880882A (resized).jpeg387F5555-21C2-42E8-805B-79BB6880882A (resized).jpeg
#5382 2 years ago

I emailed we’re I ordered my ccr and asked for an update. I was told they are expecting shipment soon some parts we’re delayed people got sick etc.

The word on the street is the factory is filling up with mostly finished games and when it’s go time they should ship out pretty quickly.

#5383 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

I emailed we’re I ordered my ccr and asked for an update. I was told they are expecting shipment soon some parts we’re delayed people got sick etc.
The word on the street is the factory is filling up with mostly finished games and when it’s go time they should ship out pretty quickly.

Great news!

#5384 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Not sure this passes the sniff test unless maybe they are waiting on legs or translites or something cosmetic that wouldn’t prevent a “finished” game from being tested.

Can’t imagine that they would have cabinets with playfields in them save for the bashing Bart assembly (as an example). That’s a lot of floor space and there would still be full QC needed.

And who’s word on what street?

#5385 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not sure this passes the sniff test unless maybe they are waiting on legs or translites or something cosmetic that wouldn’t prevent a “finished” game from being tested.
Can’t imagine that they would have cabinets with playfields in them save for the bashing Bart assembly (as an example). That’s a lot of floor space and there would still be full QC needed.
And who’s word on what street?

That's just what I was told from the distributer. I'm sure it wouldn't be ideal to have cabs everywhere but these are different times. Who knows at least its something whether it turns out to be true or a rumor.

Hoping sooner than later as I keep seeing other games come up for sale and its tempting.

#5386 2 years ago

I won't believe anything until I receive a tracking number for the game.....and even then I might not believe it. lol.

#5387 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

That's just what I was told from the distributer. I'm sure it wouldn't be ideal to have cabs everywhere but these are different times. Who knows at least its something whether it turns out to be true or a rumor.
Hoping sooner than later as I keep seeing other games come up for sale and its tempting.

Considering CGC hasn't communicated anything publicly nor anything to its largest distributor (thats what I was told) my guess is its gonna be several months before LE's ship....

#5388 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

It's also probably not ideal to pay employees unemployment because you're waiting on a piece to keep going.

I would expect it would be cheaper to find a place to haul and store these incomplete games rather than just stopping the assembly line altogether. Which aligns pretty well with what you were told.

#5389 2 years ago

I predict LE's in August.

#5390 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

spidey senses tingling

#5391 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I predict June. Yes 2022 lol

#5392 2 years ago

how to spend big dollars for a game and then get reduced to guessing dates for delivery !
nearest guess gets free LE?

#5393 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

how to spend big dollars for a game and then get reduced to guessing dates for delivery !
nearest guess gets free LE?

You can play that game with any new hybrid car as well… way more money.. same game.

#5394 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

You can play that game with any new hybrid car as well… way more money.. same game.

Yep Rav4 primes go for 5k over Msrp and and typically no eta on delivery.

#5395 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Yep Rav4 primes go for 5k over Msrp and and typically no eta on delivery.

Here’s an ETA for ya

6067C809-25BE-4EA6-90C3-D30FCF4E8B07 (resized).jpeg6067C809-25BE-4EA6-90C3-D30FCF4E8B07 (resized).jpeg
#5396 2 years ago

Well, at least Toyota gave their customers an update …

#5397 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Well hot damn it actually happening! I know there were some disappointed people here, but not only are games coming to Oregon there going to South Carolina and Arizona and Oklahoma and Texas and then there coming all the way back Pinside to be flipped for a big profit!.... YEEEAAAAAAAAA!!!

#5398 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Here’s an ETA for ya
[quoted image]

try ordering a 2021 F150 to australia. $180k and expected late July. What will arrive first?

#5399 2 years ago
Quoted from dog:

try ordering a 2021 F150 to australia. $180k and expected late July. What will arrive first?

$180k?! I’ll sell you a new one for $125k. I’d even throw a pin in the bed as a bonus.

#5400 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:$180k?! I’ll sell you a new one for $125k. I’d even throw a pin in the bed as a bonus.

I assume that's Australian dollars, about $129K US.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/108 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.