(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 133.
#5301 2 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

I haven't heard anything on shipping yet, I am in on the LE match so I would assume I would get one of the first ones to go out, but who knows.

The matched LEs are no longer front of the line this tine.

#5302 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Thanks. Here’s some of the rest of it. And yes, the pay phone works.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image] [quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, really nice! I was wondering that also other rooms of the apartment could be turned into more of 50's/pop art/arcade. It would be nice decoration for the whole apartment, not just the arcade basement!

#5303 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The matched LEs are no longer front of the line this tine.

Has that been confirmed? I was told CGC hasn't made a decision on that issue! Although my guess is they have much bigger issues at the moment

#5304 2 years ago

We were told the LE's would come after SE due to parts being delayed. I wonder if this is still the case now that they have all been massively delayed?

#5305 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Has that been confirmed? I was told CGC hasn't made a decision on that issue! Although my guess is they have much bigger issues at the moment

Pretty sure Doug did early on and a number of people with matching numbers have told me their distributors said the same thing. But like you say, not their biggest issue at the moment and anything could change. Matching number doesn’t apply to me but I’m all for whatever makes the process most efficient for CGC anyway.

#5306 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

We were told the LE's would come after SE due to parts being delayed. I wonder if this is still the case now that they have all been massively delayed?

I’m actually fine with LEs not going out first to give them time to address any issues found early on. Stern LEs always seem to have something that isn’t figured out initially while the Premium guys benefit from on the fly changes to the production line. Don’t know if the same has happened with CGC in the past or not.

#5307 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m actually fine with LEs not going out first

I am too. Just was wondering.

#5308 2 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:I haven't heard anything on shipping yet, I am in on the LE match so I would assume I would get one of the first ones to go out, but who knows.

I'm on the LE match also. I was told by Ryan that the matching numbers will not be done first like in the past. That part of the loyalty program is gone. Shame as I would think it's easier to knock out matching # list first (mfg side of thinking). Well when it gets here it gets here. I'm waiting on other pins also. Same when they get here they get here. Not much I can do. And I don't plan to cancel I'll just play mine & go out to support others like always.

#5309 2 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

I'm on the LE match also. I was told by Ryan that the matching numbers will not be done first like in the past. That part of the loyalty program is gone. Shame as I would think it's easier to knock out matching # list first (mfg side of thinking). Well when it gets here it gets here. I'm waiting on other pins also. Same when they get here they get here. Not much I can do. And I don't plan to cancel I'll just play mine & go out to support others like always.

The last I heard about this was about a month ago when my distributor requested copies of my LE aprons for my MMRLE, AFMRLE, and MBRLE....haven't heard anything since

#5310 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Thanks. Here’s some of the rest of it. And yes, the pay phone works.

Awesome!!! and "out of this world" (pun intended - at least as concerns the Stark Trek theme). Thanks for sharing... gives me something to shoot for with my game room (although it will never get to that level).

#5311 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Game room is NX-01 themed.
I met Karl Urban a few years back and he thought the room was cool.

Ehh . . . I guess it's okay, if you like that sort of thing.
(Wow. I didn't know my tongue could stick that far into my cheek as I typed that.)

Clearly your spectacular game room complex boldly goes where no man has gone before.

#5312 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The last I heard about this was about a month ago when my distributor requested copies of my LE aprons for my MMRLE, AFMRLE, and MBRLE....haven't heard anything since

I was asking Ryan about the loyalty program. He told me the same about the LE aprons. So I sent him and my distributor the pics for matching numbers. After I asked him about them running LE matching first out of the LEs.

#5313 2 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

I was asking Ryan about the loyalty program. He told me the same about the LE aprons. So I sent him and my distributor the pics for matching numbers. After I asked him about them running LE matching first out of the LEs.

At the moment the only thing I really care about is when they'll ship games....any game is fine with me....the good news is my distributor said they'll refund my deposit

#5314 2 years ago

Ahhh, 60 new posts, I got all excited

#5315 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Ahhh, 60 new posts, I got all excited

Right?

#5316 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

At the moment the only thing I really care about is when they'll ship games....any game is fine with me....the good news is my distributor said they'll refund my deposit

My distro did not require a deposit for an invoice. I wonder if that’s because I’m getting an SE or because I’ve bought NIB from them before? I’m enjoying Halloween right now I can wait. I got excited too when I saw all the new posts.

#5317 2 years ago

Joined the preorder list yesterday for an SE.

#5318 2 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Nice!

#5319 2 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Congrats!

Join those of us with orders here too:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-moving-to-cactus-canyon-pre-owner-order-thread/

There’s a running FAQ in the opening post and hopefully we’ll see some reports of final invoices over there soon!

#5320 2 years ago

Question for CC-remake owners...does it have MRS'? The original had 5 MRS'.....1 on the right plastc ramp, 2 in front of the mine, 1 at the pop bumper exit and 2 at the upper/outer orbit....can any one confirm?

Matt
M&M Creations

#5321 2 years ago

Does CGC do "runs", or is it just one production run and that's it?

#5322 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Question for CC-remake owners...does it have MRS'? The original had 5 MRS'.....1 on the right plastc ramp, 2 in front of the mine, 1 at the pop bumper exit and 2 at the upper/outer orbit....can any one confirm?
Matt
M&M Creations

No production games have shipped so there aren’t any actual owners yet and the only ones that can actually confirm have been silent. There was some early comments that indicated they have improved on the original MRS design (at least for the ramp) but not sure if that meant something other than an MRS.

#5323 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Matt
M&M Creations

The one they had at expo had metal ramp shields. They also have them in the trailer:

Added over 2 years ago:

Wrong

#5324 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No production games have shipped so there aren’t any actual owners yet and the only ones that can actually confirm have been silent. There was some early comments that indicated they have improved on the original MRS design (at least for the ramp) but not sure if that meant something other than an MRS.

Looks like Ryan said the MRS have been replaced (in the SFGE presentation).

#5325 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

The one they had at expo had metal ramp shields.

MRS in this case = magnetic reed switch.

#5326 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

MRS = magnetic reed switch

Yep, in the video from SFGE - Ryan notes that they used inductive sensors instead of MRS'....well that answers the question why we never got a call : )

Matt
M&M Creations

#5327 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Looks like Ryan said the MRS have been replaced (in the SFGE presentation).

So, some kind of GMR switch?

#5328 2 years ago

Added my name to the preorder list for an SE.

#5329 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

So, some kind of GMR switch?

Inductive sensors, so the ramp one is underneath rather than being visible.

#5330 2 years ago

Just watched Ryan’s Q&A session from the Midwest Gaming Classic from November 6th where he specifically answered a question on how or if the supply chain would/was going to impact the build schedule. He said that they didn’t see any supply chain issue because all the parts were either already in house or inbound. He had just talked about the topper and SE+ but didn’t put the caveat about topper parts we heard/assumed before.

So it seems either an inbound container was lost/damaged, parts were not up to specs or there’s some new unrelated issue that happened later in November. In the session he stated SEs should start shipping in late November, LEs mid to late January with some SE+ games before LEs and another SE/SE+ run after.

To me, that makes the radio silence since then a lot more interesting.

#5331 2 years ago

Just come out and address the delay it’s not a big deal but some insight would be cool.

#5332 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Just come out and address the delay it’s not a big deal but some insight would be cool.

At this point I don't think that's happening.

#5333 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

At this point I don't think that's happening.

Is this normal for CGC? I understand if they don't prioritize engagement, but 3 months of complete silence is a bit concerning.

#5334 2 years ago

Not unusual. All the games have had delays. The good news is they always deliver a fabulous product and will again with CCr

#5335 2 years ago

So do we have an ETA for LEs yet?

#5336 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

No

#5337 2 years ago

DC

Quoted from V8haha:

Pay attention to the thread. Have you seen any indication at all? No.

#5338 2 years ago
thumb_i-know-nothing-iseenothing-i-hear-nothing-memegenerator-net-i-know-nothing-53847377 (resized).pngthumb_i-know-nothing-iseenothing-i-hear-nothing-memegenerator-net-i-know-nothing-53847377 (resized).png
#5339 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Just watched Ryan’s Q&A session from the Midwest Gaming Classic from November 6th where he specifically answered a question on how or if the supply chain would/was going to impact the build schedule. He said that they didn’t see any supply chain issue because all the parts were either already in house or inbound. He had just talked about the topper and SE+ but didn’t put the caveat about topper parts we heard/assumed before.
So it seems either an inbound container was lost/damaged, parts were not up to specs or there’s some new unrelated issue that happened later in November. In the session he stated SEs should start shipping in late November, LEs mid to late January with some SE+ games before LEs and another SE/SE+ run after.
To me, that makes the radio silence since then a lot more interesting.

My guess is they were trying to get the saloon doors into the game before they went out - which required the door hardware & new programming from Lyman.

Or maybe just trying to further integrate the topper into the code.

Either way - much more difficult with Lyman’s passing.

#5340 2 years ago

At the end of the day the silence is nothing but bad customer service. Anybody with a deposit is a paying customer, why not do right by them to tell the distributors the status and let the distributors disseminate the update to their customers.

#5341 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

My guess is they were trying to get the saloon doors into the game before they went out - which required the door hardware & new programming from Lyman.

Sure but you only need the driver support and game code for the doors in the kit package. It doesn’t have to be in the base code, though that would be nice.

If the extra hardware in the kit includes the saloon doors you need to make sure no changes to the playfields are required to support them. But it’s not like the idea of having saloon doors is a new one. I would have expected that any required engineering or playfield routing requirements would have been known ling before Lyman started coding.

And if course we don’t know if there will actually be doors in the kit (though that seems to make the most sense)

#5342 2 years ago

waiting is such sweet sorrow
Oh well I'll go play some other kick ass games

#5343 2 years ago

Looking forward to getting our LE.

#5344 2 years ago

I’m thinking games will be shipped before the mirrored backglass is available since it's exclusive to CCr owners. Technically there are no owners until a game is paid for in full.

#5345 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

We wouldn’t have to speculate if we were simply given an update, I don’t think that’s too much to ask.

#5346 2 years ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

, I don’t think that’s too much to ask.

Looks like it is ?

#5347 2 years ago
Quoted from binary01:

I’m thinking games will be shipped before the mirrored backglass is available since it's exclusive to CCr owners. Technically there are no owners until a game is paid for in full.

HA! I see what you did there!

AA75E3DF-DE51-4CB4-B559-90D6E95FC7F0.gifAA75E3DF-DE51-4CB4-B559-90D6E95FC7F0.gif
#5348 2 years ago

Well, well looks like it might be time for a update partner!!! CGC what y’all got to show us ?

DED01B31-9543-4A9A-A1E7-6B992CD28201 (resized).pngDED01B31-9543-4A9A-A1E7-6B992CD28201 (resized).png
#5349 2 years ago
Quoted from Reul1:

update partner

Nothing to see here move along partner

photo-1587497256464-b72dd7ce9c01 (resized).jpegphoto-1587497256464-b72dd7ce9c01 (resized).jpeg
#5350 2 years ago

Too bad there isn’t betting lines in Vegas for guessing the correct first ship date.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

7,500 (OBO)
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/107 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.