(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 133.
#5051 2 years ago

Very Sad News

If CGC is listening maybe they could do a memorial slide during attract mode to pay tribute to a true visionary in the pinball community

Rest in Piece Lyman

Thank you for everything

#5052 2 years ago

this is sad news ..... great loss !

hoping we will be updated as to updated package for CCR ... will it go ahead as promised ?

#5053 2 years ago

Whhhhaaaaaat???

#5054 2 years ago

If this is his last project, I hope they code in a really tasteful and honoring tribute. A dedicated mode would suit me just fine.

#5055 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

If this is his last project, I hope they code in a really tasteful and honoring tribute. A dedicated mode would suit me just fine.

Indeed. A “Sheriff Sheats” mode perhaps. One he would make look easy but none of us could possibly finish.

#5056 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

hoping we will be updated as to updated package for CCR ... will it go ahead as promised ?

Too soon.

Today is for Lyman.

#5057 2 years ago

Dam, horrible news for sure. He wasn't that old, no? 50's? To soon, either way.

#5058 2 years ago

Terribly sad news. What a loss for the pinball community. I’m sure almost every one in this thread touched a Lyman pin at one point or another. He was the master.

#5059 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

No new cactus code now.

No announcement yet. No way to know how far Lyman was with it. Josh worked with him, so he may have an idea what more Lyman would do, to guide another programmer.

It may take awhile to sort this out. Then we'll find out.

LTG : (

#5060 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Today is for Lyman

Fully understand this ... however CGE was promising to deliver CCR plus extra code down the road.
Now that this code may no longer be an option I would like to know as soon is possible so that I can decide to go forward with my order.
As CGC hasn't been updating anything about the shipping or status ...
Again big loss ...
RIP ... Mr Sheets

#5061 2 years ago

Someone that knew Lyman well and how his thought process works will hopefully guide this code enhancement to completion. It would be huge disservice to both Lyman and the entire pinball world for it to waste away on a hard drive somewhere. As long as someone knows his computer password.

Definitely never selling my Metallica, AFMrLE, BM66.

#5062 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Too soon.
Today is for Lyman.

Amen.

#5063 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No announcement yet. No way to know how far Lyman was with it. Josh worked with him, so he may have an idea what more Lyman would do, to guide another programmer.
It may take awhile to sort this out. Then we'll find out.
LTG : (

Wasn't Josh just recently on Loserkid? I think I remember him saying that they were pretty deep into the code already. So at a minimum I would think Josh at least knows the direction they were heading.

Such a tragic event. Really hope CGC can put out something to honor Lyman one last time.

#5064 2 years ago

Cactus code talk or whining about the fact that CGC hasn't updated you yet on the situation is a little unseemly at this juncture.

Details will likely be months away, not days. If you can't handle that you should probably cancel your order now.

#5065 2 years ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Wasn't Josh just recently on Loserkid? I think I remember him saying that they were pretty deep into the code already. So at a minimum I would think Josh at least knows the direction they were heading.
Such a tragic event. Really hope CGC can put out something to honor Lyman one last time.

Yes, but not really a good feel for how far Lyman was (or even if the code is accessible to anyone else). All we know is that Lyman was working on the project since at least the October announcement and that’s not a lot time to develop fully fleshed out code.

If CGC decides to move forward they need to commit to completing the code as Josh and Lyman envisioned, just as they did with the extended code, including the follow ups required to tweak the code to the level that Lyman would think necessary himself.

And, if they do, there absolutely needs to be a tribute to him somewhere in the code. I’d rather have no Lyman code than some mediocre attempt at finishing it that just exploits Lyman’s memory and genius.

#5066 2 years ago

In respect for Lyman Sheats, how about we do what we can, it's only a small thing, but significant none the less.

Let's not post in this thread for 24hrs. Our way of saying thanks for all you gave us in pinball. 24hrs of silence. RIP Lyman we miss you.

#5067 2 years ago

We made it, well done! A great sign of respect for a truly great gentleman.

This might be too big an ask, but how about we keep this thread positive for a week??

They'll be a lot of Lyman's close family and friends doing it very tough over the next week with the funeral and the general grieving process. Let's not talk about the code, we'll be informed in due course by CGC. Remember the people at CGC are grieving the loss of their friend and colleague. Let them be and continue the respect we've shown so far. The information will come in due course.

#5068 2 years ago

Just poured one for Lyman.. hope there's pinball in heaven buddy. If not, there's always a game turned on here 24/7.

#5069 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

This might be too big an ask, but how about we keep this thread positive for a week??
They'll be a lot of Lyman's close family and friends doing it very tough over the next week with the funeral and the general grieving process. Let's not talk about the code, we'll be informed in due course by CGC. Remember the people at CGC are grieving the loss of their friend and colleague. Let them be and continue the respect we've shown so far. The information will come in due course.

totally agree

#5070 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Thank you for posting yesterday and today!

#5071 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Sounds good.
RIP Lyman.

#5072 2 years ago

Played a game of my EHOH today in his honor had my best game ever ! I guess that may have been his last game ?
Hopefully we get to see his vision for CCR , sure he put a great deal of thought into it like always !

To be clear I am not asking for it , just saying would be a nice final stamp on his brilliant career !

#5073 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:Played a game of my EHOH today in his honor had my best game ever ! I guess that may have been his last game ?
Hopefully we get to see his vision for CCR , sure he put a great deal of thought into it like always !
To be clear I am not asking for it , just saying would be a nice final stamp on his brilliant career !

Completely agree. He was actively working on his life long passion. Not many people get to work and live in the hobby/industry they truly love. We’ll know in due time what was what regarding CC. As long as pinball is alive, he will be remembered. Truly left his mark. RIP Lyman.

#5074 2 years ago

Lyman always wanted to do a haunted house type game and really enjoyed doing Elvira. If that turns out to be his final game it is a fitting tribute to his genius and dedication as a player, game play architect and quiet ambassador for pinball.

#5075 2 years ago

I'm still reeling from this terrible news.
Heartfelt condolences to Lyman's family, friends and loved ones.
It was nice of a friend of mine to invite me over to play his TWD helped take my mind off sadness and to celebrate Lyman's amazing contributions to the pinball world.

20220122_210653 (resized).jpg20220122_210653 (resized).jpg
#5076 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

Thank you for posting yesterday and today!

Sure, thought it was the right thing to do. Thanks.

#5077 2 years ago

CGC just put up a few job posting for their pinball department on facebook, including a CNC Router Operator, Cabinet Assembler, & an Electrical Technician.

One of you mad lads should get a job there and feed us the inside scope on how the CCr production is going

Either way, seems like they're trying to ramp up production which is a good sign.

#5078 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

CGC just put up a few job posting for their pinball department on facebook, including a CNC Router Operator, Cabinet Assembler, & an Electrical Technician.

Hoping this for their next project !

#5079 2 years ago

One of you mad lads should get a job there and feed us the inside scope on how the CCr production is going
Either way, seems like they're trying to ramp up production which is a good sign.

I wonder if there is a company discount

#5080 2 years ago

I saw that as well, good for them!
Hope they are all doing OK.

#5081 2 years ago

Hopefully it's because they had more demand than expected. I don't envy any company that is having to put out a physical product via an assembly line. Finding good employees you can trust was tough even before the Rona.

#5082 2 years ago

Yes. Looks like planing for the future.

LTG : )

#5083 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Looks like planing for the future.

Great to hear!

#5084 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Hoping this for their next project !

Yes,
Most likely, to get to their 2 games per year.

I’m really looking forward to it all.

Richard

#5085 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Looks like planning for the future.

This is exciting to hear.

#5086 2 years ago

Lets start with one game a year! lol

#5087 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Lets start with one game a year! lol

This!

Robert

#5088 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Lets start with one game a year!

You mean like the one from last year?

#5089 2 years ago

Has anybody heard if any special editions that are going out yet?

#5090 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Has anybody heard if any special additions are going out yet?

So with the above 2 posts...
Nothing has been going out yet!

#5091 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#5092 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

You mean “Special Editions”?

There have no reports of anyone getting final invoices which should be at least two weeks out from delivery.

#5093 2 years ago

Posted in one of the other threads. Here’s the update I got from Germany today regarding my LE order…

8556BD35-7CCA-489D-929A-80506B96F1DE (resized).jpeg8556BD35-7CCA-489D-929A-80506B96F1DE (resized).jpeg
#5094 2 years ago

Everyday I wake up and check for the invoice super excited.

#5095 2 years ago

And everyday I am sad it didn't come. Until tomorrow and I do it all over again.

#5096 2 years ago

I’m just so glad Chicago Gaming makes pinball machines and are not in charge of distributing something critical.

#5097 2 years ago

CGC has always been terrible at meeting schedule....it appears it's gotten worse, which is kind of hard to believe (even with supply chain issues).... I mean they only had years between releases

#5098 2 years ago

So with everything going on

When Chicago Gaming Starts building

Has an SE allotment number been set, before LE games gets the line

#5099 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

So with everything going on
When Chicago Gaming Starts building
Has an SE allotment before LE gets the line

I don't think you did it right. Here's mine:

Cactus Canyon When?

We are tired of waiting

Game's 20 years old

#5100 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't think you did it right. Here's mine:
Cactus Canyon When?
We are tired of waiting
Game's 20 years old

Don’t mind waiting

Super excited and hope for spring anyways

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/102?hl=damoib and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.