(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 133.
#5001 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

SFGE they stated what I said, that’s where I got my info from.
Since you bought an SE that must’ve been built around the Oct-may 2019-2020 timeframe they were mistaken.

Yes I have a build date of February 5, 2020.

#5002 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Zach says he thinks he will have his hands on one (a SE I assume) to stream “in the next week or so”.
He would know!
That’s good news I think.

That sounds promising. Fingers crossed!

#5003 2 years ago

Question for everyone - do we have the dimensions for CC? I’m wondering if it is any taller than their MB remake? I looked at their site and did not see anything. My expectation is it will be the same as MB…. Thoughts? Thanks.

#5004 2 years ago
Quoted from RavenFan1:

Question for everyone - do we have the dimensions for CC? I’m wondering if it is any taller than their MB remake? I looked at their site and did not see anything. My expectation is it will be the same as MB…. Thoughts? Thanks.

Roughly 85.5 with topper per others earlier.

#5005 2 years ago

Do you think that the new Lyman code will have something like Sterns Insider connected? With it being on a new platform this would be a good way to upgrade the game and test it for the next games coming up.
Internet connected to do shoot outs, or co-op modes etc. achievements, leaderboards?
Software to take a old game and make it better. With the new platform it sure looks like this could be done as a add on? And most people would buy it because of the new Lyman code. Kids seem to really like the achievements they can earn by playing the games as well.

#5006 2 years ago
Quoted from Reul1:

Do you think that the new Lyman code will have something like Sterns Insider connected? With it being on a new platform this would be a good way to upgrade the game and test it for the next games coming up.
Internet connected to do shoot outs, or co-op modes etc. achievements, leaderboards?
Software to take a old game and make it better. With the new platform it sure looks like this could be done as a add on? And most people would buy it because of the new Lyman code. Kids seem to really like the achievements they can earn by playing the games as well.

Cgc was in talks with Scorbit I believe. I would expect that path before a cgc home grown solution

#5007 2 years ago
Quoted from Reul1:

I may be mistaken, but I believe CGC said that CCr won't have internet connectivity and the current way to update it is via USB. Which would make that feature kind impossible.

If they do get internet, as part of the Lyman add on, hopefully they'll use a system like Scorbit. Having proprietary software for each manufacturer like Stern is trying to push would be a pain in the ass, and I've personally had a much smoother experience with Scorbit on JJP games.

I don't think that CCr will support some of these but I also wouldn't be too surprised if they did support it at a later date.

That being said, I don't see why co-op or shoot outs would require internet and you can manually enter scores via Scorbit if the game doesn't natively support it to keep track of a leaderboard, though I prefer the old blackboard approach.

#5008 2 years ago
Quoted from Reul1:

Do you think that the new Lyman code will have something like Sterns Insider connected?

I hope not. Too gimmicky. Especially for a Williams remake.

In CGC’s rumored original games? Maybe. But function like internet shootouts and similar functions that might be used by a tiny percentage of owners would be an incredibly poor use of resources. I doubt Lyman would do that anyway (the base for connectivity is an OS function) but I want to see Lyman focus on Cactus Canyon universe game play extensions that would be of interest to all.

#5009 2 years ago
Quoted from Reul1:

Do you think that the new Lyman code will have something like Sterns Insider connected?

I like my pinball to be just pinball. I do not want to connect it to the internet. I play pinball to escape the internet world. Why would I ruin that?

#5010 2 years ago

Yeah. This. ^^^^^

#5011 2 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Roughly 85.5 with topper per others earlier.

Thanks!

#5012 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I like my pinball to be just pinball. I do not want to connect it to the internet. I play pinball to escape the internet world. Why would I ruin that?

There is no escaping it. It has to be done to stay competitive since everyone is moving in that direction. I think it's a positive thing. It opens the doors to a lot things you couldn't really do before. Operators can check game status remotely. Manufacturer can deliver updates more rapidly/efficiently and get feedback to develop better code. Remote technician would be able to download game logs and help diagnose issues more accurately. You could have online tournaments or even develop some kind of online gameplay. Doubt there would be enough time/money to develop all that for such a small market, though.

#5013 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I agree with this ....
before some asshat holds my pinball game hostage for ransomware !

#5014 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I agree with this ....

Or brick your game remotely for not paying for some update or when you mod your game.

#5015 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I agree with this ....

Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Or brick your game remotely for not paying for some update or when you mod your game.

Paranoia is running rampant with the older crowd lol

#5016 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

rampant with the older crowd

This is true ...
Now shut up and respect your elders

#5017 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

This is true ...

Yes SIR

BTW I'm pretty sure I qualify as elder... I'm past the half century mark. I'm just not afraid of technology yet

I'm sure it's gonna happen sooner than later though!!

P.S. (just in case some folks get easily offended) My paranoia comment was totally tongue-in-cheek. Just trying to have a bit of fun since there's nothing to do but wait lol.

#5018 2 years ago

More paranoia....

Video games used to be a fun living room experience for friends and family. Today, none have couch multi-player. Its "multiplayer" but with rando internet people unless you buy multiple consoles, multiple copes of the same game, and have multiple screens in the same room.

Don't think pinball would have this fate with internet connectivity but I really don't see the point of it. The only tangible benefit would be some centralized leadership board of high scores but I couldn't care less.

Honestly, I see more reason for concern as highlighted... Like you can't install an update or "DLC" because of a mod or the game isn't registered. Or maybe you cant even play the game without it connecting to the internet (like all these bullshit download video games for full price as a physical copy). So prefer no internet.

#5019 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

This is true ...

And . . . 'Get off my lawn!'

#5020 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Paranoia is running rampant with the older crowd

Thankfully hackers have never gotten into government institutions, power companies, or held any company hostage and gotten paid.

LTG : )

#5021 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

And . . . 'Get off my lawn!'

Totally Reminded me of Monster House

9A045041-2FEB-4EF3-AD35-CF8EE9BD7A01 (resized).jpeg9A045041-2FEB-4EF3-AD35-CF8EE9BD7A01 (resized).jpeg
#5022 2 years ago

Mirror blades just arrived! Shaker on hand as well…
Just need the game!

98CB7A34-7591-4C8F-AAE5-3BD80F82842D (resized).jpeg98CB7A34-7591-4C8F-AAE5-3BD80F82842D (resized).jpeg
#5023 2 years ago
Quoted from Luk3:

More paranoia....
Video games used to be a fun living room experience for friends and family. Today, none have couch multi-player. Its "multiplayer" but with rando internet people unless you buy multiple consoles, multiple copes of the same game, and have multiple screens in the same room.
Don't think pinball would have this fate with internet connectivity but I really don't see the point of it. The only tangible benefit would be some centralized leadership board of high scores but I couldn't care less.
Honestly, I see more reason for concern as highlighted... Like you can't install an update or "DLC" because of a mod or the game isn't registered. Or maybe you cant even play the game without it connecting to the internet (like all these bullshit download video games for full price as a physical copy). So prefer no internet.

Those experiences are all still there. Nintendo Switch has a lot of local multiplayer games that only require one screen and one copy of the game.

I agree that outside of leaderboards and conveniently updating code, there isn't a huge benefit to having a pinball machine connected to the internet.

#5024 2 years ago

Mirror blades just arrived. Shaker on hand as well. Just need the game.

Looks like they've got you over a barrel waiting for your game.

#5025 2 years ago

Mirror blades just arrived! Shaker on hand as well…
Just need the game!

You should probably proactively move the TV

#5026 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Man, we have a bunch of old farts in this group. Give insider connected a try and then report back. This has given new life to my three Stern games that support it! It is still pure pinball.

#5027 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

You should probably proactively move the TV

Will have the pin in place first I was thinking, to mount it exactly where I want.

Hopping in the next few weeks!

#5028 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Man, we have a bunch of old farts in this group. Give insider connected a try and then report back. This has given new life to my three Stern games that support it! It is still pure pinball.

Honestly, I like the score and game tracking. But once you've got most of the reachable achievements, there's not much more to Insider Connected. I still scan in to my Godzilla when I play, but it's not really doing anything anymore. At keast at this point.

#5029 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Give insider connected a try and then report back.

I’ve tried it. Interesting but not my cup of tea. It would drive me nuts at home.

Love to see online stuff, stats, etc. but I would hope any achievement play could be easily disabled.

#5030 2 years ago

Honestly, as it stands the best feature of IC is wireless updates. But that becomes redundant once the game is deemed “finished” by Stern.

The achievement stuff is nothing that couldn’t exist before IC. Some recent Sterns have heaps of high score/trophy stuff already - no need for the internet for Stern to implement achievements.

Now If they start doing live online play it may be worthwhile. No idea how that could be implemented, but that’s for people smarter than me.

#5031 2 years ago

Hopping in the next few weeks!

That's the spirit!

Come on CGC, bring it on!

#5032 2 years ago

Wonder if there is anyone at CGC who reads this just to be entertained by seeing how many different topics can be covered in a thread created to hype the Cactus Canyon Remake without any news about or discussion of the game itself?

#5033 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Wonder if there is anyone at CGC who reads this just to be entertained by seeing how many different topics can be covered in a thread created to hype the Cactus Canyon Remake without any news about or discussion of the game itself?

Haha, I bet they get a laugh out of it!

#5034 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

That's the spirit!
On on CGC, bring it on!

8F1E597E-E41D-4E99-9686-8C00FE454C46 (resized).jpeg8F1E597E-E41D-4E99-9686-8C00FE454C46 (resized).jpeg
#5035 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Wonder if there is anyone at CGC who reads

I do tech support for them, though I'm not physically at CGC.

Good enough ?

#5036 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Good enough ?

Nope. You actively participate here and don’t deliberately keep us in the dark for fun.

That you’re officially part of tech support for CGC is an under appreciated added value of buying Cactus Canyon Remake.

Because of your passion for pinball (apologies Cliff), breadth of knowledge, and seemingly endless willingness to go above and beyond for the community even the most experienced of us benefit.

#5037 2 years ago

LTG does amazing tech support. He’s helped me fix my AFMrLE and Willy Wonka. Needs to start his own YouTube channel for us DIYers…aka “Destroy It Yourselfers”. Hopefully CCrLE will not require his assistance.

#5038 2 years ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

Hopefully CCrLE will not require his assistance.

They are pinball machines! Will always require some tweaks. Good news is with CGC there seems to be only minor one and we have LTG to assist.

#5039 2 years ago

Just found this thread.
No FAQ pinned to beginning.

So have to ask. When are these shipping ?

#5040 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Just found this thread.

The SE trim level is shipping first, and might ship in the next week or two.

#5041 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Just found this thread.

FAQ is in the order/owner’s thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-moving-to-cactus-canyon-pre-owner-order-thread#post-6575978

There have been no confirmed reports of final invoices being received so it’s unlikely there will be any significant shipments soon. Supposedly Flip N Out is receiving an production game in the next few weeks to produce a features video.

#5042 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Just found this thread.

When done.

#5043 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Good enough ?

I honestly find confidence in my game when I know LTG does support for the game maker.

#5044 2 years ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

Needs to start his own YouTube channel for us

Have one going. Some CGC videos up there, Scrounge around my channel to see them. A new one will be posted showing off the improved diagnostic stuff once I get the game. No more holding down the CGC button, just hit enter and new menu will be there. Other companies videos were removed.

#5045 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Have one going. Some CGC videos up there, Scrounge around my channel to see them. A new one will be posted showing off the improved diagnostic stuff once I get the game. No more holding down the CGC button, just hit enter and new menu will be there. Other companies videos were removed.

Nice! Looking forward to seeing those!

#5046 2 years ago

Shit you hear LyMan died?? Man that’s horrible he was young. No new cactus code now. Most of my games were his.

#5047 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

No new cactus code now. Most of my games were his.

Agree. Huge loss but reserve judgement on status of the code. We just don’t know yet.
Frankly could care less today, Lymans gone.

#5048 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Shit you hear LyMan died?? Man that’s horrible he was young. No new cactus code now. Most of my games were his.

This is a real bummer... I doubt pinball will ever see a programmer better than him.

As a side note, I don't think it will prevent the new code from coming out. It would be a real shame if the work that he already completed gets lost.

From my experience in software, you get the first 90% of a project done quickly. It's the last 10% that takes the vast majority of the time to complete. So I'm hopeful there is a lot there that if it does get completed by someone else that Josh can just guide them allowing Lyman's magic touch to still shine through.

#5049 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

It really is sad, sucks. All my games are his as well.

#5050 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

This is a real bummer... I doubt pinball will ever see a programmer better than him.
As a side note, I don't think it will prevent the new code from coming out. It would be a real shame if the work that he already completed gets lost.
From my experience in software, you get the first 90% of a project done quickly. It's the last 10% that takes the vast majority of the time to complete. So I'm hopeful there is a lot there that if it does get completed by someone else that Josh can just guide them allowing Lyman's magic touch to still shine through.

Yeah I agree, one last tribute to the master.
Sucks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

7,000 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 210.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/101?hl=skatewake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.