Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Hee-Haw-Work-01 (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scucci_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I'm working on getting a Hee Haw back up and going here. I've gotten it pretty close... the game resets, starts, add points, gets the bonuses, etc etc...

But I still have a couple of issues that I need to get fixed.

Stays on 1st Ball:
The ball will go into the outhole, "end" that ball (bonuses, etc). Then it'll kick the ball into the shooter lane, but won't increase the ball count. It's hitting the switch, but not counting. When the ball is in the shooter lane (or actually anywhere) I can manually hit the switch and it'll increase the ball count, but won't when the ball is travelling over it as it's kicked from the drain to the outhole. The ball IS hitting the switch though, it's just not counting when it does, but will count a second later when I flick it.

Feature Wheel stop relay won't engage when I start a game:
New coil, tested good... but won't pull anymore (did for a couple of games, then just quit).

1000's relay stays engaged when you start a game:
The bell chimes and stays locked on... fried the 1000's score wheel relay on P1 already, waiting to replace it till this get taken care of. I've checked all switches that would/could score 1000... all of them are open. Double checked every switch on the playfield, and they're all good... but the relay just locks on anyways.

Would be amazing if they're somehow all connected... but I'm not holding out too much hope for that.

Anything, in particular, that I should be focused on?

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

I recommend you fix this first so you can stop burning up coils. Start with the hold switch on the 1000s relay but it could be any of the switches on here.
[quoted image]

Seems like every time I ask a question here... I come out of it learning more... yet still feeling stupid. After looking at that section over and over... something popped out to me. What if the game was kicking the 1000's when I start it up, and the coil was fried because of something else? So, I replaced the 1000's coil on P1 to see if when it kicked it would open that line and disengage the 1000's relay; and that's what happened. So, this part of it is fixed now. Feature wheel too... found that while I was tracing this out. lol

Sooo, thank you twice.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Check this whole circuit for that problem, inc. the two score motor sw. and esp. that #2 Start relay make/break.
[quoted image]

Found a switch that had to be adjusted. It reads the ball now, but sometime reads it twice and/or starts a game on ball 2 (when it kicks the ball out the first time it skips to 2 sometime)

Sooo... Getting there. This should, hopefully, be the last issue for this machine.

2 weeks later
#7 5 years ago

After going through the steppers again and double checking everything I can make heads or tails of in the schematic... I'm still getting the ball counted twice most of the time. I found a new issue that I think could be related? The game won't add more players. Stays on 1 player. If I hold the W-BLU switch closed on the FIRST BALL relay I can get it to add a player, but the COIN UNIT reset coil kicks and resets it. It looks like it should be adding the player when the (GAME OVER, GAME OVER #2, FIRST BALL, LAST BALL, #2 START, AND #1 START) bank kicks the FIRST BALL relay up and the GAME RESET relay kicks to complete the circuit and fire the COIN UNIT SU coil. But the GAME RESET relay fires once well before the FIRST BALL does... so it's never triggered.

I can force the game into multiplayer... by blocking and making connections, but even when it's in 4 player it just skips from 1 to 3 then it's all over the place after that. Maybe related the the multiple ball count increase?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scucci_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccm-hee-haw-various-issues?tu=Scucci_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.