(Topic ID: 232501)

CCM Hee-Haw 15A Fuse Blowing on Start (sometimes)

By Scucci_

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Scucci_
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I'm working on a HeeHaw here that was playing fairly recently. It got put in storage for a few days then taken back out.

When I put the machine away, it was playing. Now when I start a game the score wheels reset (had to manually move them off of zeros to test it), then the 15A fuse pops after a couple of seconds. Doesn't even get to the good stuff... the bonus wheel doesn't light and it's motor doesn't start spinning, the record doesn't start spinning, and the ball doesn't get kicked out. The large relay block with the "Game Over" relay just stays energized until the fuse (breaker in there now for testing) blows.

Then sometimes, it just acts like it's started... but stays in Game Over... I can keep pressing the start button and eventually it will freeze and blow the fuse, but sometimes it just goes through the motions then stops before it gets 100% done.

Ideas?

#3 5 years ago

Already using a breaker for testing. When a fuse that I don't have dozens of blows, I pull out the breakers.

#4 5 years ago

I see that that fuse controls the playfield. Check for stuck switches (RO, etc.), shorts, and burnt coils.

#5 5 years ago

Found it. The bonus wheel relay was grounding to the frame. Even though one of the wires was cut because it had fried, the remaining wire was shorted.

Speaking of which... I have the schematics for the machine, no other docs. What is the correct value/part number for relay that allows the bonus wheel the spin (the one that pull the wedge out of the gears and allows it to spin)?

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Scucci_:

What is the correct relay that allows the bonus wheel the spin (the one that pull the wedge out of the gears and allows it to spin)?

Test by pushing each of the two plungers. One advances, on decrements.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Scucci_:

What is the correct value/part number for relay that allows the bonus wheel the spin

There's a list of coil part numbers at the bottom right of the schematic.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

There's a list of coil part numbers at the bottom right of the schematic.

You know what... ... I have no idea how I missed that. Guess I was zooming in too far and just never wandered over that far.

Thank you.

(And yes, I feel like an idiot)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccm-hee-haw-15a-fuse-blowing-on-start and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.