Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Imeh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Might be the wrong thread for this but my CCC has been flawless for over a year now, went to play it today and the flippers don't work?
Checked fuses they are all good.
Went in to switch test and it doesn't even see the flipper switches being pressed.
Tested all the other high power solenoids, all good, so its not a power issue.
I unplugged and replugged every board connector and it worked for one ball then the flippers died again.
I did all that again, looked for bad wires or burnt connectors, everything looks correct and nice.
Booted up and it worked for 3 balls then quit working again.
Anyone have any thoughts on where to start?
Thank you

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from Denethor:

Went in to switch test and it doesn't even see the flipper switches being pressed.

I would try investigating the switch issue further. Are the optos clean on the flipper switches?

#3 7 years ago

I'll clean them, but what are the chances they both die at the exact same time? they are on seperate circuits aren't they? Seems related to the top left connector on the PROC board somehow. if I power down, unplug that and plug it back in, power up. The flippers work for a random amount of time or possible still not at all. That is not a guaranteed to "fix it" move, but so far is what I've narrowed down to what has a chance of making the switches work momentarily. It could be moving that moves something else in the harness too. One time they were working (i got attract noises when pressing them) all I did was raise the speaker panel back in to place (not even the backless, just the speaker/display) and they stopped working by the time I went to start a game.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Denethor:

but what are the chances they both die at the exact same time?

Small, but it's an easy low-hanging fruit.

Are those connectors still IDC connectors in the backbox, or have they been switched over to molex?

#5 7 years ago

IDC, HUO game with the only mods being the CCC swap of the CPU board for the PROC

#6 7 years ago

I'd suspect those connectors, then since it sounds like connectivity is lost when things shift around.

1) Clean the pins with a pink rubber eraser
2) Inspect the back of the board for cold solder joins on the header pins.
3) Replace the connector if those two things don't fix the issue.

#7 7 years ago

I had this happen to my CCC.

I had a bad IC chip on the Proc board. But also check all your connections, like to your opto board.

#8 7 years ago

Most likely a fatal error rendering your game useless. Please send to me for disposal....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

16,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bullhead City, AZ
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 85.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccc-no-flippers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.