CC wire gate adjustments - Fixed

By DropTarget

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hi,

I'm restoring a CDI (Chicago Coin) "Beatniks. It has two roll under wire gates. Neither one is functioning correctly, They both continually chatter when activated and one does not close all the way, when it should.

I haven't delved into fixing them yet, I'm assuming that the relays need to be cleaned and tightened, maybe adjust the weight on the rod that goes to the relay.

Does anyone have any tips on these types of gates?

EDIT: Fixed, The little weights on the bob had to be readjusted.

1 week later
#2 8 years ago

Clean the contacts on the roll under wire gate switches and on the relays associated with them. Theres about 98% of your problem right there.
Also make sure when the contacts touch they are actually touching. If they touch just slightly, they cant get a good connection so to speak so you get the chattering that you are experiencing.

#3 8 years ago

thanks

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cc-wire-gate-adjustments and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.