• Latest reply 2 years ago by Kickout
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Hee Haw Slide Bank Reset (resized).jpg
Chicago_Coin_1973_Hee_Haw_Score_Motor_Unit_Switch_Chart.pdf (PDF preview)

#1 2 years ago

Chicago Coin Hee Haw. Had everything working, now have a start up issue. Should the Slide Bank Reset Coil activate when the game is first powered on, or should it activate after the Slide Bank Reset RE activates? When I start a game flip the On/Off switch, press the start button the game continues to try to reset, If I push the Slide Bank Rest RE. the Slide Bank Coil fires and resets the slide bank causing the game to be able to be played. Am I looking at the right sequence (Slide Bank Rest Coil fires at start up, or is the Slide Bank Reset Re suppose to fire first). Hope I am not confusing everyone.

Thanks
Kickout

#2 2 years ago

Bump

#3 2 years ago

A-7 fires before B-4 but I don't know what the heck I'm doing.

Chicago_Coin_1973_Hee_Haw_Score_Motor_Unit_Switch_Chart.pdfChicago_Coin_1973_Hee_Haw_Score_Motor_Unit_Switch_Chart.pdf
#4 2 years ago

The Slide Bank Reset solenoid fires after the Slide Bank Reset relay.
Hee Haw Slide Bank Reset (resized).jpgHee Haw Slide Bank Reset (resized).jpg
The Slide Bank Reset relay fires only after all 16 Score Reel zero position switches close (and the Start relay is active and the Score Motor is turning). The Slide Bank Reset solenoid fires once the relay has fired and the Score Motor E-2 switch closes.

Chances are that one of the Score Reel switches isn't closing, or there's enough accumulated resistance across 16 switches in series (or, end to end) that they can't provide enough voltage to the relay coil. It's a common CCM issue.

/Mark

#5 2 years ago

MarkG

In your first image it show an open start switch, this is what's confusing me. On the schematics there is no start re. there is a #1 start and a #2 start re. Is the Start Re. in your image one of these?

Thanks

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6 2 years ago

Hmm. The schematic is a little confusing. It also lists the #2 Start relay at G20 in the relay table while it's actually just below the #1 Start relay at A20.

If you look at the circuit for the #2 Start relay though its tripped by the #1 Start relay so they behave the same way. I suspect that there are too many switches to fit on one relay so they used two that are basically copies of eachother.

Which relay that switch is on is not shown on the schematic. You'll have to go by the form (normally open) and the wire colors.

#7 2 years ago

Mark, thanks I think I understand now the 2 start relays. I'll check the wire colors and hopefully locate the switch.

Thanks
Kickout

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cc-start-up-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.