(Topic ID: 263856)

CC Sky Rider - 30V vs 33V

By JudeRussell

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider juderussell.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I'm working with a Chicago Coin #sky-rider at the moment. No huge issues: aligned the flippers to my satisfaction, hacked around with the Williams chimes to get them as good as I was able (digging around for a replacement CC chime), playing a bunch of games to check out function and reliability.

I noticed this game has an easily accessible 33V tap (Jones Plug) and I figured, what the heck (my Gottliebs do not, that I know of). Really surprised how much of a difference it made - the pop bumpers are a lot crisper and the flippers can actually get the ball back to the top of the playfield more than once in a blue moon. Any wisdom in terms of staying with 33V vs 30V in terms of reliability, etc?

I also noticed that the bonus stepper is really kind of chonky - can feel it when incrementing - and wondering if that's normal for these CC games - my other games (Gottliebs) seem to make a lot less noise / vibration.

Also, this is an AAB game - no special, hitting the 4 targets lights Extra Ball and sets the spinner to 1000 pts (vs 100 pts). Assuming it will score a replay when I hit the points (have not poked around there yet, so no idea if the plug strip has any relationship to the installed replay card). Also, despite playing quote a bit, no match yet. I need to pay attention; it way be matching but not knocking. Or perhaps set up for Free Play the replay (points or match) is disabled.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from edednedy:

Gottliebs (and others) have it too. It's just harder to access. You have to move a wire over on the transformer on other manufacturers pins. It's called high tap. It was originally designed for locations with low line voltage. Now a lot of people use it to give EM's a little more power.

Thanks. Duotron is taking a bit of a rest while I work on the new machine, and I've got some Orange Dot flipper coils on order, but high tap might be an option as well. Yellow Dot coils were a bit too much for my taste, so looking for something in between for the flippers.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider juderussell.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cc-sky-rider-30v-vs-33v?tu=juderussell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.