Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballinreno.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 6 years ago

A chargeback should not be allowed after 60 days but the banks break their own rules all the time.
    In cases of fraud they do whatever they want.
    Its theft.
    The merchant takes the loss and writes it off as cost of goods sold. You cant even insure against it as its not a capital loss like stolen money. Nor can you claim a loss of profit.

I have had cashiers checks bounce. Now I take them to the originating bank and cash them before delivering the goods.
    I dont deposit them, I learned the hard way.

Mail order of high value goods has risk. Once in awhile you get f'cked. I just hate it.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from TimO:

The chargeback deadline is 120 days. All a merchant can do is exercise due diligence. I process about 20,000 online credit card sales a year and only suffer about a dozen chargebacks. On orders over $500, I make sure there is an online record somewhere (usually whitepages.com) that matches the buyer to their shipping address.

I took a $7000 loss a few years ago, never again... cashiers check only for large purchases.
    I offer discounts for cash now and raised my prices a little to help cover losses, but it really sucks out there.

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I doubt it was the thieves that initiated the backcharge. Most likely what happened is the person whose identity was stolen finally realized it and disputed the charge.

My thinking was that is was a card stolen from a senior citizen at a rest home. They dont use them for years and it took 2 months to see the bills pile up.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballinreno.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cc-scam-aerosmith-premium-sn268317?tu=pinballinreno and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.