Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

If the perp is reading this I'd like you to know you are lower than dog shit and deserve an old school ass kicking of which I'd be happy to administer. Karma will get you, you pathetic little bitch ass.

I don't normally thumbs up posts with such harsh language, but in this case I feel it's entirely justified.

#25 6 years ago

I was once the victim of identity theft. These guys opened bank accounts in my name, credit cards, applied for loans, stole money, you name it. It was a horrible ordeal that took months to straighten out. Trust me, it's not something that I would wish even on my worst enemy. And as we've seen here, it's not just the person whose identity is stolen that's affected. Every institution and business that these guys ripped off using my identity got f***ed as well.

Thieves suck, but unfortunately they are out there in mass numbers and getting more and more clever every day. All you can do is try to be extra vigilant when it comes to protecting your information. Use strong and unique passwords for everything, and try to use some form of two factor authentication whenever possible. Also, make sure to monitor your credit reports like a hawk. In fact, I'd recommend putting a security freeze on all your credit reports. There's really no reason not to, and you can always temporarily lift the freeze if you need to apply for credit or a loan.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinnaf:

sucks.... like a time-delay scam... wait til the last min then backcharge..

I doubt it was the thieves that initiated the backcharge. Most likely what happened is the person whose identity was stolen finally realized it and disputed the charge.

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yoski:

Not sure how this can happen. Only ship to billing address, no exceptions ever. Or did they manage to somehow change the billing address with the CC company?

Once the person's identity has been stolen, changing the billing address is a piece of cake.

Quoted from Yoski:

In that case the CC should be liable.

This is where it gets complicated. I'm no expert in these matters, but I believe if the transaction was done in person with a magnetic strip or chip, then the issuer of the card takes the hit. If the card isn't present, then the merchant takes the hit. I'm assuming this transaction was done over the phone.

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

There must be something in the US laws that protect us.

Yep. In the US, the consumer has pretty much complete protection against all fraudulent charges.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cc-scam-aerosmith-premium-sn268317?tu=gweempose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.