2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago

Question: Will the police seek/request video footage in the region around the rent house where the machine was dropped off, or do the only do that in cases of kidnapping, murder, etc.?

Seems like video footage may show a pinball machine in the back of a pick-up truck drive in that area.
    It if got loaded in a van or suv, then oh-well.
    It would be great if there is video footage at one of the neighboring houses.

The criminals could live fairly close to the rent house and knew that it was temp vacant or not many people around.

Seems like working with the trucking company that delivered the machine is a good way to pursue more info.
    Somebody must have been coordinating with the trucking company to schedule delivery time/place. Check phone records.

I feel for JJ and GEX. Hope the jerks are caught.

#52 2 years ago

I deal with high end sales and cc transactions dally. We have great margins on most of our products but have been lucky to not take a hit.

Any sale above 4k we require a photo of State I'd covering all but the last 4 numbers of a cc. I have yet to have one business or end user protest this internal requirement. It protects all party's of the transaction from fraud.

Sorry to hear about a POS scamming pin heads but sadly many exist in Los Angeles.

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Question: Will the police seek/request video footage

Doubt it .... Had my car stolen with a video camera above my parking space... Showing hi Rez images of the 2 dirtbags and the police would even pick up the copy of the tape or the printed images!

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Doubt it .... Had my car stolen with a video camera above my parking space... Showing hi Rez images of the 2 dirtbags and the police would even pick up the copy of the tape or the printed images!

love your avatar...

#55 2 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

love your avatar..

My dog ..... Not to take away from this thread... However so sorry for all your troubles... Read your posting!

#56 2 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Showing hi Rez images of the 2 dirtbags and the police would even pick up the copy of the tape or the printed images!

Remind me not to drive my car to Canada anytime soon.
    So; what exactly do Canadian Cops do with their time?

#57 2 years ago

Hope they catch the guy & prosecute!

#58 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Remind me not to drive my car to Canada anytime soon.
    So; what exactly do Canadian Cops do with their time?

Generate revenue by issuing tickets and park at the local Tim Hortons (coffee shop)
    Lots of reports are call in by phone!

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Generate revenue by issuing tickets and park at the local Tim Hortons (coffee shop)
    Lots of reports are call in by phone!

Wow... just wow.
    I'm sure it happens in the states too... but I'd be mfing pissed if I had HD video of the thieves and my cops did sh1t to catch them.

#60 2 years ago

police don't care, I had a cards details stolen and used for afew purchases. The banks didn't even want to refund me and told me I should contact the companies they purchased things through for a refund myself. They'd used the card to register a domain name for a business which I was able to track back to the business owners name and address which i provided to the police and they weren't interested in doing anything either. All the purchases were related to this business (i forget what think it was a painting or signwriting company or something) and I was able to contact the sellers and get a refund but it was a far more annoying process than I expected. All the ads here make it out like the bank refunds you right away but they just didn't care.

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

The banks didn't even want to refund me and told me I should contact the companies they purchased things through for a refund myself. [...] and I was able to contact the sellers and get a refund but it was a far more annoying process than I expected. All the ads here make it out like the bank refunds you right away but they just didn't care.

There must be something in the US laws that protect us.
    I've had about a half a dozen fraudulent charges across several different cards over the last 3 or so years.
    Never once have I had any bank give me hassle. They close the card; refund my money and issue a new number. I've never been stuck with any more hassle than a 30min phone call and having to wait 2-3days for a replacement card.

Cars tho... those are +10k - grand theft. It boggles my mind why any law enforcement organization would adopt a IDGAS attitude when you've got proof like a video (and I'm assume clear faces).

That said; I completely agree with some here that Pinside should spend some time coding a stolen database. I'd personally use it when buying used machines just to "be sure".

#62 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

There must be something in the US laws that protect us.

Yep. In the US, the consumer has pretty much complete protection against all fraudulent charges.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 4.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    ULEKstore
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 149.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 49.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 64.00
    $ 18.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 24.50
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 55.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside