Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by markmon
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I might be getting a CC soon (from its original owner), and if it works out I will be converting it to a CCC. Can anyone point me to simple/direct info on what's needed/best for this? I know I need a P-ROC, a PC, and want to add a color display. Looking for specifics on what type of PC (will a barebones motherboard be OK, and what I/O is needed?), what kind of color display is best, info on installing/mounting/setup, etc. I searched and read a bunch of random info, but still haven't found this clear, concise info. Thx!

#2 5 years ago

Pretty easy. Any PC core 2 class with USB port and headphone jack will do. I have winds 7 installed on mine. I picked up an LCD from goodwill for $25 and decased and mounted it. For audio you can go the audio route I outlined in the CCC software thread. I'd use a smart power strip to handle the PC and perhaps install a push button for power in the front if the cabinet somewhere.

For the PC, there are tons on eBay that work for around $175.00 shipped.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I might be getting a CC soon (from its original owner)!

Lucky dog!

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Pretty easy. Any PC core 2 class with USB port and headphone jack will do. I have winds 7 installed on mine. I picked up an LCD from goodwill for $25 and decased and mounted it. For audio you can go the audio route I outlined in the CCC software thread. I'd use a smart power strip to handle the PC and perhaps install a push button for power in the front if the cabinet somewhere.
For the PC, there are tons on eBay that work for around $175.00 shipped.

Thx! I actually have an old laptop with a Core 2 processor, 1.8GHz I think. All you need is USB and headphone jack? What size LCD is needed--something just bigger than a DMD, so it fits in the backbox? I'll check the CCC software thread too. Would be cool if I could mount the laptop and screen in the backbox, but I presume I need a standard video input for the monitor.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I picked up an LCD from goodwill for $25 and decased and mounted it.

Not following you on the mounting of an LCD in a CC DMD hole/the physical fitting proportions--have a pic?

#6 5 years ago

Eric sells an LCD monitor and correct mount for the game that plugs right in.
Might want to go that route to avoid guesswork/hassle.
Check the CCC thread.

#7 5 years ago

Two-Fiddy. But I don't have any left right now.

4 weeks later
#8 5 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Not following you on the mounting of an LCD in a CC DMD hole/the physical fitting proportions--have a pic?

I do not have a pic. I removed the case on the monitor which made it pretty small. I believe I gorilla taped the monitor into place and made a small mount bracket out of some crap I had using around. The whole process took about 30 minutes and has been solid. It was easy to position the colorized dot matrix window in the software.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 89.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 399.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside