Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 142 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ENDOFLINE
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Me_&_Ben_Heck.jpg
    T-Shirts.jpg
    IMG_1207.jpg
    Gary_Stern.jpg
    CAX2.jpg
    CAX.jpg
    Ben_Heck.jpg
    Animated.jpg
    kingpin.JPG
    boxing.JPG
    adam.JPG
    2012-07-28_13.56.15.jpg
    2012-07-28_13.14.51.jpg
    2012-07-28_12.40.48.jpg
    2012-07-28_12.06.04.jpg
    2012-07-28_12.01.36.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 12 years ago

Been there 3 years in a row now and plan on making it four. Hopefully NP will introduce himself instead of giving me the stare down this time.

Quoted from NimblePin:

The hotel fills up fast BTW, I would book early!

It does fill up faster every year now. If that hotel is fully booked the Hilton Hotel Santa Clara is in close walking distance. So you can stay there and still not have to drive to get to your rooms.

Quoted from vster23:

Are the games and pinball available for public play every day?

You can either purchase a day pass or weekend pass if you plan on attending both days. Also worth noting that CAX is right next to Great America in case you want to play pins one day and go on some rides the next.

2 months later
    #46 11 years ago

I can't wait California Extreme is always a lot of fun! So many pins and games there it is surreal walking through the doors.

#51 11 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

What's the address on that one? I found a few, but I want to be sure I get the closest one.

I believe this is the one he is talking about. A friend of mine stayed there last year and it is within walking distance. It will appear to be farther away than it really is on driving directions because of a few U turns you need to make to get from one to the other in a car.
    Hilton Santa Clara
    4949 Great America Parkway
    Santa Clara, CA 95054 US

1 month later
    #134 11 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

You're in an environment where sharing and socializing are the norm and lines will move quicker if we play 2-4 player games on the popular machines. Every year multiple people give me beer face when I ask to join in or if I offer them to play with me. I don't get it.

Big +1 on that sosage. I found it much better this year though. I never once had anyone flip out when I asked to be put in or asked them if they wanted to play as well. I actually got some good play time on both X-Men machines which I loved. Great event with some really awesome people volunteering and bringing pins/arcades.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cax-2012-whos-all-going?tu=the_dude_abides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.