Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 142 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ENDOFLINE
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Me_&_Ben_Heck.jpg
    T-Shirts.jpg
    IMG_1207.jpg
    Gary_Stern.jpg
    CAX2.jpg
    CAX.jpg
    Ben_Heck.jpg
    Animated.jpg
    kingpin.JPG
    boxing.JPG
    adam.JPG
    2012-07-28_13.56.15.jpg
    2012-07-28_13.14.51.jpg
    2012-07-28_12.40.48.jpg
    2012-07-28_12.06.04.jpg
    2012-07-28_12.01.36.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimjim66.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 12 years ago

CAX is my favorite show. Love video games and pinball, so I get to combine both at one show. Kind of like peanut butter and chocolate.

2 months later
    #50 11 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

What's the address on that one? I found a few, but I want to be sure I get the closest one.

Their "secondary" hotel is $87, but it's a mile away. Granted, they've got a free shuttle, but I'd rather come and go when I please and not have to wait for a shuttle that probably stops service at 10pm.

-Mike

They have a huge parking garage where CAX is, and I believe it was free. If not, a small fee. Lots of parking. Not as bad as you would think not being at the hotel where the games are. Since you are driving there, I think that would be a better solution than waiting on a shuttle.

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from TG:

Jehovahs Witness convention happening again the same weekend, so parking will be filled up in the garage again, FYI.

Todd

Thanks, forgot about that last year. Forget about my previous advice- 2 conventions will fill up any parking lot. A hotel as close to CAX with a shuttle is probably the best option.

1 month later
    #93 11 years ago

I'll be wearing a Simpson's black tee shirt on Saturday. Love to BS with people, come up say hi. I'll report back to the forums on who I run into. It would be neat to put faces to Avatars.

tee_shirt_for_Cax.jpgtee_shirt_for_Cax.jpg

#98 11 years ago
    Quoted from ThatGuy:

Hey Jim, I'll look for you for sure.

I'll introduce you to Miguel31 (Mike), buy you guys a soda. See ya there.

#109 11 years ago

Just got back, met a lot of Pinsiders that came up to say hi because of recognizing the shirt I said I would be wearing.

Helped my buddy dolly pins in Friday, and found the best time to play pins is 11-2 on Saturday. Met Ken who was part of a tandem with JT that brought about 100 pin/arcade games to the show. Many rare games that people would never get a chance to play. I told him many thanks and his effort brought happiness to a lot of people.

The place was packed so I went to the seminars. I saw the Colordmd, Gary Stern, and P-Roc/multimorpic seminar.

Colordmd- announced that Addams would be next officially. Not a surprise as it was on the Addams cycle machine set up already. Got to see the MM one and really liked it. I already had seen the AFM one, so the MM and Addams was a nice treat.

Gary Stern - 95% same seminar he gave at the North West Pinball Show. No X-men Premium, danced around Fattrain's question about what is next, AC/DC and X-men update coming soon, hiring new software guys, wasn't sure about Tron update (didn't sound promising).

P-Roc- great ideas and innovations coming from these guys. Announced they were going to start making cabs with lots of different potential. From what I gathered the upper playfield with ramps will be able to be swapped out and changed fairly quickly so you can actually change your game and mod it to something you personally like. Seems like a very open concept that will open eyes when you see creative people go at it. I wish they would have shown a video or had a prototype there as I was trying to explain it to people that I had drug in to the seminar and this was their first exposure to the product.

Gene Cunningham was there. God bless his soul, he drives all the way down with his playfields and parts.

Finally, just wanted to say thanks to all the people that helped put on the show. It takes a lot of volunteers to make it work.

Can't wait for next year.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimjim66.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cax-2012-whos-all-going?tu=jimjim66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.