Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 142 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ENDOFLINE
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Me_&_Ben_Heck.jpg
    T-Shirts.jpg
    IMG_1207.jpg
    Gary_Stern.jpg
    CAX2.jpg
    CAX.jpg
    Ben_Heck.jpg
    Animated.jpg
    kingpin.JPG
    boxing.JPG
    adam.JPG
    2012-07-28_13.56.15.jpg
    2012-07-28_13.14.51.jpg
    2012-07-28_12.40.48.jpg
    2012-07-28_12.06.04.jpg
    2012-07-28_12.01.36.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flamethrower.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#108 11 years ago

I went yesterday too, and thought it was amazing! I am not much of an arcade game person, so I did not play any of those, just pinball, and I had a blast. I played a bunch of games I had never seen before, plus several that I had only gotten to play a handful of times at other shows. This was my first time at CA Extreme. I have been to the Pacific Pinball Expo three times and Pin-a-GoGo earlier this year. I like going to all the different Northern CA shows. I think it is cool how they all have a different vibe and different games. I thought this was a fantastic event - wish I could have gone back today, there were still games I didn't get to play. I guess I will have to go again next year!

#113 11 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

And Hyperion, you, sadly, are absolutely, 100% correct. What the hell did so many people need backpacks for? All the games are free, you're not putting quarters in there! What's in there? None of them were CamelBak's, or whatever they call them that they drink from. Whaddaya got in there? Pacifiers? Your blankie? Your teddy bear?

I didn't bring a backpack, but I did carry a canvas bag with me in addition to my purse that contained meals for the day (sandwich, cup of fruit, small container of tomato soup for both lunch and dinner, plus a few baggies of carrot sticks for snacks in between) and a glass water bottle for drinks.

I'm sure buying meals at the hotel is no big deal for some people, but going to the show was already kind of a stretch for me financially ($40 to get in, $30 in transportation costs round trip = NOT CHEAP) that I didn't want to be adding to it by buying overpriced hotel restaurant food.

My bag also contained a notebook and file folder with work stuff, so I could be productive during the trip there and back (almost 2 hours each way on public transit).

So I can't say for sure what anyone else needed a backpack for, but that's why I was carrying an extra bag around the show. Perhaps other people needed a bag for similar reasons. It doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flamethrower.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cax-2012-whos-all-going?tu=flamethrower and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.