Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 142 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ENDOFLINE
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Me_&_Ben_Heck.jpg
    T-Shirts.jpg
    IMG_1207.jpg
    Gary_Stern.jpg
    CAX2.jpg
    CAX.jpg
    Ben_Heck.jpg
    Animated.jpg
    kingpin.JPG
    boxing.JPG
    adam.JPG
    2012-07-28_13.56.15.jpg
    2012-07-28_13.14.51.jpg
    2012-07-28_12.40.48.jpg
    2012-07-28_12.06.04.jpg
    2012-07-28_12.01.36.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider endofline.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

well..... this will be my fourth year going to California Extreme this summer and i cant wait!

the first year i went i was there strictly for the arcade games. arcades was def where my mind was at back then. looking forward to playing scott evan's rare ATARI proto games and all the other cool and unusual cades like tank8, demon, reactor, and others.

over the last couple years my focus has changed and i'm all about the pins now i cannot wait to play some mm, bbb, kingpin (not sure if it will be there this year), acdc, and on and on and on...... im still a newb with it comes to all things pins, but damn im loving it!

hope to see some of you guys there this year and put some faces to the names.

anyone else going to CAX this year?? chris

#3 12 years ago

cool man.... just curious if pinsiders ever do a "meet up at cax" deal??

or maybe its just too much work

Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I'm tentatively planning to fly out and spend a few days enjoying the show.

#12 12 years ago

i will mos def be keeping an "eye" out for the plaid pants! hehe..

Quoted from NimblePin:

It's always a hit or miss with Pinsiders.
    I ended up having a "stranger-danger" staring contest with TDA last year (@PPE) so I hope to make it right this year... (Pretty funny BTW!)
    As for the topic,
    Yes, I will be there.
    My calling card,
    Plaid pants and Adidas...
    Say "Hi" if you see them.

Just a small sample.

Attachments IMG_0052.JPG (14.7 KB, 0 downloads) 2 hours old

#13 12 years ago

+1 on the cax tshirts.... i know that rich from thisoldgame makes alot of the shirts and designs. that guy is tops for arcade repro art too.

really wish i picked up that BOP designed shirt last year or the year before. that was a good lookin shirt!

Quoted from mummite:

I am in! can't wait hope they have some cool t-shirt designs this year. I look forward to this show all year, so much fun and so many great people.

#29 12 years ago

those shirts are awesome!! i got the one on the right last year.

there's another guy named 11strings that played solo 2 years ago and was quite impressive.

Quoted from NimblePin:

but I also have tix to the Iron Maiden show in Seattle

Hahaha,
    Decisions, decisions...
    I will be seeing them on the 9th of August so no conflicts on my end guy! I can save you a seat at my show if you'd like!
    You should go to CAX though if you've never been. Good times!
    They also have bands as well Saturday night... Chiptune/electronic duos and trios like 'I am 8 Bit' and 'Survival Guide' were pretty good.
    Here was my bounty last year.

Up the irons!

Attachments IMG_0280.jpg (76.7 KB, 0 downloads) 14 minutes old

#31 12 years ago

i remember he did a rad version of the METROID theme as well as mario and other video game music. i hope he comes back this year.

Quoted from NimblePin:

ENDOFLINE said:there's another guy named 11strings
    Did he do some Star Wars covers?
    I think he was there last year but not playing at night.
    He was next to Cointakers booth if I can recall...

2 months later
    #33 11 years ago

CAX 2012 is almost here......

anyone else attending cax this year??

added to the events page too

http://pinside.com/pinball/events/california-extreme-2012-2012

#41 11 years ago

very cool on the mr do's wild ride....i will def check it out and play it (its def a rare game).

talking about rare games... i always love playing the rare proto ATARI games that scott evans brings every year like beavis and butthead, marble madness 2 marble man, atari arcade classics (cenitpede 2 with missile command 2), crystal castles proto, and on and on...

Quoted from Miguel351:

I certainly plan on going. After attending PAGG not knowing what to think or expect, I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun it was, how nice people were, and how I was able to play about $100k in pins I'll never own. It was a blast!
    I did some reading up on CAX just yesterday and I think I've got my brother and his 11yr old son hooked in to going as well. I think I'll even be bringing my Mr. Do's Wild Ride game for the event since it's kind of a rare machine. They've already got Donkey Kong and Q-Bert, I'm sure, and there's no way I can haul my Chexx USA v. USSR hockey game there.
    Things are still kind of fresh in my mind right now with this event, but I need to act fast! The main hotel is already sold out! The secondary hotel has a free shuttle, though.
    I'll be going no matter what at this point, just need to hammer out the details.

I can already tell, that's going to be my favorite part of this event!!

#43 11 years ago

you are gonna love cax..... heres a pic from the williams row last year. im hoping VARKON is back (one of the coolest arcade/pin combo games ever).

The wife and I will be there, it is our first year going and we are excited!

Picture960.jpgPicture960.jpg

#59 11 years ago

have you tried adding the event using firefox browser??

http://pinside.com/pinball/events/california-extreme-2012-2012

Quoted from snikrap:

Kinda new to pinside....
    Is there a trick to make the event page say I'm going to an event???
    I click the box on the event page but it refuses to show that I'm going....

#62 11 years ago

that is a damn good price!

Quoted from iepinball:

I was able to book the Hilton across the street for Saturday night via Priceline for $75+taxes ($93.16 total).

1 week later
    #73 11 years ago

here's the CAX 2012 flyer.....

http://caextreme.org/files/CAX2012FLYER.pdf

looks like they will be raffling a NIB STERN ACDC this year! im guessing it will be a pro model?

#74 11 years ago

looks like its gonna be another great CAX event this year.....

here's a partial list of events/guest speakers going on saturday. this info was posted today by cax staffer "jkloope" over on klov-

1. Crazy Otto will be in attendance! One of the original programmers (Steve Golson) of the "Crazy Otto" modification to Pac Man that eventually came to be Ms. PacMan will on hand to give what should be a very interesting talk on how Mr. Otto came to be. He will also have the original board set on hand with the original Crazy Otto modification that will be set up in a PacMan cabinet for all to play. He will also have a never-before-seen version of Super Missile Attack (he was also the programmer for SMA) set up in a Missile Command cabinet, and some other surprises we're told .

2. Gary Stern (Stern pinball) will on hand to talk about his pinball ventures, trials, and tribulations.

3. Walter Day (Twin Galaxies) is set to pay us a visit with news from the Twin Galaxies front.

4. A panel of pinball luminaries is set to discuss upcoming innovations in the world of pinball...where the industry will/could go from here, what innovations will/might be in the works, etc., etc., to keep pinball alive and strong into the next century.

5. Richie Knuckles Pole Position contest.

6. Pinball tournaments (of course!)

7. Raffle prizes (a new Stern AC/DC pinball will be the grand prize!)

8. Return of the classic arcade-themed bands. We're still working on the actual lineup for these, but I'm told the music will be happening again!

9. Not sure which ones, but you can bet some of the old Atari folks will be roaming around.

2 weeks later
    #81 11 years ago

BIG BUMPS for CAX 2012!!

you know.... we usually do a KLOV meet-up and photo op on Saturday between 3-4pm over at the outside patio area.

any of you guys wanna meet-up? chris

Quoted from Miguel351:

Who's coordinating the Pinsider meet-up? Who ever it is better get crackin'!

1 week later
    #141 11 years ago

there was a whole mess of stinky unicorns there this year! haha.... actually i did see him in the wild, he was wearing that large trench coat and huge grizzly beard.

Quoted from chriskd:

Was stinky unicorn there? I didn't smell him... guess I got lucky.

#142 11 years ago

it was good hangin with you too ian. had alot of fun playing that magneto le with you and your sister. what a great year for CAX! had a great time, just went by sooo fast. ill try to post some pics later of the craziness.

anyone know the guy that won the ACDC pin??

Quoted from ianwho:

I had a good time. Met ENDOFLINE (Chris), great guy. Kind of expected more pins. Too many duplicate machines.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider endofline.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cax-2012-whos-all-going?tu=endofline and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.