7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 142 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ENDOFLINE
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Me_&_Ben_Heck.jpg
    T-Shirts.jpg
    IMG_1207.jpg
    Gary_Stern.jpg
    CAX2.jpg
    CAX.jpg
    Ben_Heck.jpg
    Animated.jpg
    kingpin.JPG
    boxing.JPG
    adam.JPG
    2012-07-28_13.56.15.jpg
    2012-07-28_13.14.51.jpg
    2012-07-28_12.40.48.jpg
    2012-07-28_12.06.04.jpg
    2012-07-28_12.01.36.jpg

There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 7 years ago

well..... this will be my fourth year going to California Extreme this summer and i cant wait!

the first year i went i was there strictly for the arcade games. arcades was def where my mind was at back then. looking forward to playing scott evan's rare ATARI proto games and all the other cool and unusual cades like tank8, demon, reactor, and others.

over the last couple years my focus has changed and i'm all about the pins now i cannot wait to play some mm, bbb, kingpin (not sure if it will be there this year), acdc, and on and on and on...... im still a newb with it comes to all things pins, but damn im loving it!

hope to see some of you guys there this year and put some faces to the names.

anyone else going to CAX this year?? chris

#2 7 years ago

I'm tentatively planning to fly out and spend a few days enjoying the show.

#3 7 years ago

cool man.... just curious if pinsiders ever do a "meet up at cax" deal??

or maybe its just too much work

Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I'm tentatively planning to fly out and spend a few days enjoying the show.

#4 7 years ago

It's always a hit or miss with Pinsiders.
    I ended up having a "stranger-danger" staring contest with TDA last year (@PPE) so I hope to make it right this year... (Pretty funny BTW!)

As for the topic,
    Yes, I will be there.
    My calling card,
    Plaid pants and Adidas...
    Say "Hi" if you see them.

IMG_0052.JPG
    Just a small sample.

#5 7 years ago

I've gone the last three years. The operator who I coordinate my local tournaments with (TJ Beyer) is one of the main organizers. Definitely my favorite show because I also like the vids as well as pins. The sound of the main hall sounds exactly how I remember arcades of the early 80s.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

My calling card,

Thanks for the heads up.

#7 7 years ago

Don't forget about Pin A Go Go in May, also a good show in northern CA.

#8 7 years ago

Moved to the All Pinball sub forum.

#9 7 years ago

Been thinking about trying to make this one, seems like a fun show.

#10 7 years ago

I'll be there, probably spending most of my time (and money) in the tournament area. Hopefully the proto Tommy is back this year, never got a chance to play it last time.

#11 7 years ago

I am in! can't wait hope they have some cool t-shirt designs this year. I look forward to this show all year, so much fun and so many great people.

#12 7 years ago

i will mos def be keeping an "eye" out for the plaid pants! hehe..

Quoted from NimblePin:

It's always a hit or miss with Pinsiders.
    I ended up having a "stranger-danger" staring contest with TDA last year (@PPE) so I hope to make it right this year... (Pretty funny BTW!)
    As for the topic,
    Yes, I will be there.
    My calling card,
    Say "Hi" if you see them.

Just a small sample.

Attachments IMG_0052.JPG (14.7 KB, 0 downloads) 2 hours old

#13 7 years ago

+1 on the cax tshirts.... i know that rich from thisoldgame makes alot of the shirts and designs. that guy is tops for arcade repro art too.

really wish i picked up that BOP designed shirt last year or the year before. that was a good lookin shirt!

Quoted from mummite:

I am in! can't wait hope they have some cool t-shirt designs this year. I look forward to this show all year, so much fun and so many great people.

#14 7 years ago

Going to PAGG in May, when and where is this show? Thanx in advance.

#15 7 years ago

Here you go jww.
    The hotel fills up fast BTW, I would book early!

http://www.caextreme.org/

#16 7 years ago

CAX is my favorite show. Love video games and pinball, so I get to combine both at one show. Kind of like peanut butter and chocolate.

#17 7 years ago

I really hope that I can make it to CAX. Fingers crossed.

#18 7 years ago

I plan on going to both PAGG with PNBLWZD (who's driving???) and CAX.

#19 7 years ago

Really want to make the show, but I also have tix to the Iron Maiden show in Seattle that following monday. Hmmm, decisions...take a week off and play some pins in Cali with my pinside brothers and then head back up north and finish it off seeing the greatest metal band on earth? Wait what am I talking about, there is no decision, that sounds awesome!!!

#20 7 years ago

I'll be there! My sixth show in a row. Helps that it's 10 minutes away from me .

Todd

#21 7 years ago

I am seriously considering going this year. I have never been to one. Are the games and pinball available for public play every day?

#22 7 years ago

Been there 3 years in a row now and plan on making it four. Hopefully NP will introduce himself instead of giving me the stare down this time.

Quoted from NimblePin:

It does fill up faster every year now. If that hotel is fully booked the Hilton Hotel Santa Clara is in close walking distance. So you can stay there and still not have to drive to get to your rooms.

Quoted from vster23:

Are the games and pinball available for public play every day?

You can either purchase a day pass or weekend pass if you plan on attending both days. Also worth noting that CAX is right next to Great America in case you want to play pins one day and go on some rides the next.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

Going to PAGG in May, when and where is this show? Thanx in advance.

Pin-A-Go-Go is ALWAYS the weekend after Mothers Day in Dixon, CA at the Dixon Mayfair fairgrounds.

www.pinagogo.org is the new web home of the PAGG show.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

jwwhite15 said:Going to PAGG in May, when and where is this show? Thanx in advance.
    Pin-A-Go-Go is ALWAYS the weekend after Mothers Day in Dixon, CA at the Dixon Mayfair fairgrounds.
    http://www.pinagogo.org is the new web home of the PAGG show.

I think he was asking where CAX is Cliffy, not PAGG.

http://www.caextreme.org/

#25 7 years ago

Pin-A-Go-Go! I am saving up some ciZash now to maybe pick up another pin Looking to Score a RBION, Dr Who or an IM

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

I think he was asking where CAX is Cliffy, not PAGG.

Hey Eric, check out Monsieur White's post

- jwwhite15 said:Going to PAGG in May, when and where is this show?

#27 7 years ago

I think he was commenting that he was going to PAGG but wanting to know where "this show" is meaning CAX the subject of the thread.
    Anyhoo he has both sites now.

I know I am going to PAGG, I will wait to see how much damage the pinfund takes before thinking about CAX.

#28 7 years ago

but I also have tix to the Iron Maiden show in Seattle

Hahaha,
    Decisions, decisions...
    I will be seeing them on the 9th of August so no conflicts on my end guy! I can save you a seat at my show if you'd like!
    You should go to CAX though if you've never been. Good times!
    They also have bands as well Saturday night... Chiptune/electronic duos and trios like 'I am 8 Bit' and 'Survival Guide' were pretty good.
    Here was my bounty last year.

IMG_0280.jpg

Up the irons!

#29 7 years ago

those shirts are awesome!! i got the one on the right last year.

there's another guy named 11strings that played solo 2 years ago and was quite impressive.

Quoted from NimblePin:

but I also have tix to the Iron Maiden show in Seattle

Hahaha,
    Decisions, decisions...
    I will be seeing them on the 9th of August so no conflicts on my end guy! I can save you a seat at my show if you'd like!
    You should go to CAX though if you've never been. Good times!
    They also have bands as well Saturday night... Chiptune/electronic duos and trios like 'I am 8 Bit' and 'Survival Guide' were pretty good.
    Here was my bounty last year.

Up the irons!

Attachments IMG_0280.jpg (76.7 KB, 0 downloads) 14 minutes old

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

there's another guy named 11strings

Did he do some Star Wars covers?
    I think he was there last year but not playing at night.
    He was next to Cointakers booth if I can recall...

#31 7 years ago

i remember he did a rad version of the METROID theme as well as mario and other video game music. i hope he comes back this year.

Quoted from NimblePin:

ENDOFLINE said:there's another guy named 11strings
    Did he do some Star Wars covers?
    I think he was there last year but not playing at night.
    He was next to Cointakers booth if I can recall...

#32 7 years ago

I went last year and I will be there again with my 14 year old son. I plan to get a Pinside T-shirt before the show. I'll be the tall, bald guy draining the ball way too early on AFM (my personal fav).

Mark

2 months later
    #33 7 years ago

CAX 2012 is almost here......

anyone else attending cax this year??

added to the events page too

http://pinside.com/pinball/events/california-extreme-2012-2012

#34 7 years ago

I certainly plan on going. After attending PAGG not knowing what to think or expect, I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun it was, how nice people were, and how I was able to play about $100k in pins I'll never own. It was a blast!

I did some reading up on CAX just yesterday and I think I've got my brother and his 11yr old son hooked in to going as well. I think I'll even be bringing my Mr. Do's Wild Ride game for the event since it's kind of a rare machine. They've already got Donkey Kong and Q-Bert, I'm sure, and there's no way I can haul my Chexx USA v. USSR hockey game there.

Things are still kind of fresh in my mind right now with this event, but I need to act fast! The main hotel is already sold out! The secondary hotel has a free shuttle, though.

I'll be going no matter what at this point, just need to hammer out the details.

Quoted from jonnyo:

The sound of the main hall sounds exactly how I remember arcades of the early 80s.

I can already tell, that's going to be my favorite part of this event!!

#35 7 years ago

Sigh.... Can't make it.

#36 7 years ago

Well I bought a ToM, WH2O PF set, Tshirts, glass and a bunch of parts at PAGG and there is enough left in the pinfund for a box of Scooter Pies.
    Gonna have to pass on CAX and see if I can reload in time for PPE.

#37 7 years ago

I'll Be there!!!!

#39 7 years ago

The wife and I will be there, it is our first year going and we are excited!

#40 7 years ago

I'll be there! First timer!

#41 7 years ago

very cool on the mr do's wild ride....i will def check it out and play it (its def a rare game).

talking about rare games... i always love playing the rare proto ATARI games that scott evans brings every year like beavis and butthead, marble madness 2 marble man, atari arcade classics (cenitpede 2 with missile command 2), crystal castles proto, and on and on...

Quoted from Miguel351:

I certainly plan on going. After attending PAGG not knowing what to think or expect, I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun it was, how nice people were, and how I was able to play about $100k in pins I'll never own. It was a blast!
    I did some reading up on CAX just yesterday and I think I've got my brother and his 11yr old son hooked in to going as well. I think I'll even be bringing my Mr. Do's Wild Ride game for the event since it's kind of a rare machine. They've already got Donkey Kong and Q-Bert, I'm sure, and there's no way I can haul my Chexx USA v. USSR hockey game there.
    Things are still kind of fresh in my mind right now with this event, but I need to act fast! The main hotel is already sold out! The secondary hotel has a free shuttle, though.
    I'll be going no matter what at this point, just need to hammer out the details.

I can already tell, that's going to be my favorite part of this event!!

#42 7 years ago

I'll probably go Saturday, only as a participant, not a vendor. It truly is like stepping into 1984 when you enter the main doors. I've been going since '98 and it only gets better and better every year.

#43 7 years ago

you are gonna love cax..... heres a pic from the williams row last year. im hoping VARKON is back (one of the coolest arcade/pin combo games ever).

The wife and I will be there, it is our first year going and we are excited!

Picture960.jpg

#44 7 years ago

I'll be there. Can't wait. Hope they have X-Men, and WOZ there.

#45 7 years ago

In like Flynn!

#46 7 years ago

I can't wait California Extreme is always a lot of fun! So many pins and games there it is surreal walking through the doors.

#47 7 years ago

Yup! First time ever at this kind of show. I've been to PAX and E3 but nothing like this. We're driving up Saturday early and have to come back Sunday early so it'll be intense, but we're excited.

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Already booked....

Hilton right across the street still has rooms. Thats where I'll be.

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from snikrap:

Already booked....

Hilton right across the street still has rooms. Thats where I'll be.

What's the address on that one? I found a few, but I want to be sure I get the closest one.

Their "secondary" hotel is $87, but it's a mile away. Granted, they've got a free shuttle, but I'd rather come and go when I please and not have to wait for a shuttle that probably stops service at 10pm.

-Mike

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

What's the address on that one? I found a few, but I want to be sure I get the closest one.

Their "secondary" hotel is $87, but it's a mile away. Granted, they've got a free shuttle, but I'd rather come and go when I please and not have to wait for a shuttle that probably stops service at 10pm.

-Mike

They have a huge parking garage where CAX is, and I believe it was free. If not, a small fee. Lots of parking. Not as bad as you would think not being at the hotel where the games are. Since you are driving there, I think that would be a better solution than waiting on a shuttle.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    £ 79.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 159.00
    $ 69.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet Parts
    PinBoltCaps
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 5.00
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 34.99
    Cleaner
    Pinball Pro
    $ 235.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside