Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by crujones4life
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

received_610496145778512_(resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

I am going to look at a caveman pinball machine today. In the picture he sent me it is lit up and all the displays are on but they show all zeros and the ball in play and credit windows show all ones. Is this indicative of a problem or dead batteries or nothing at all? Anything I should be looking at when I look this pin over?

#2 3 years ago

If you aren't already comfortable with repairing system 80 machines (and judging from your question, I'm assuming you are not), then this might not be a good choice. On top of the pinball portion of the game, there is a whole set of boards for the video portion of this game, and the monitor as well.

From your description, it sounds like the game has booted, is coined up, and is on the first ball. Whether or not a game can actually be played is another matter. If the ball display shows "11" instead of "1", then you will have some display troubleshooting to do.

There is not a lot of repair information available on this game, so you will be largely on your own if there are problems with it.

#4 3 years ago

Don't get it. The arcade board portion has parts that are unavailable. And unless you can do stacked arcade PCB repair yourself, and arcade monitor repair. The game will become a money pit. Stay away, far away.

The game is dud in the first place.

#5 3 years ago

Thanks guys. I know it isn't a popular game. It's only $150 though. If it works in figured I'd buy it and if it isn't a keeper just sell it.

#6 3 years ago

Here is a pic of the displays.

received_610496145778512_(resized).jpeg

#7 3 years ago

I'm not seeing that the monitor is on. That doesn't look promising.

You're welcome to take a risk on it, but just know that you will be largely on your own with this game. You could probably at least get your money back, though.

Also, keep in mind that this is a reasonably heavy game, so if you have to haul it up some stairs, you will need help.

#8 3 years ago

It would be worth more than $150 in parts alone so you've probably not got much to lose on it. Guess it depends on how deep you want to get, could be a total time sucker though.

#9 3 years ago

At $150 you could take a gamble that it's something not to bad to fix. I think at that price I would consider one too.

Fuses
Capacitors
Edge connectors
Bridge rectifiers
Monitor cap kit
Voltage regulators

Any of those and it could fire up for not too much extra cost. If you do it yourself. Or get a Pascal board.
Just hopefully the arcade PCB portion is working. That's gonna be the biggest issue.

Good luck!

#10 3 years ago

Thanks everyone!

#11 3 years ago

Don't forget the battery leakage on the mpu, and on cavemen the board is mounted so the acid runs across the board. I love my cavemen. But it's still a work in progress. Absolute bear to get it going and I work in a pinball shop. Had it running perfectly. First time I transported it home from the shop everything went wrong. I got it playing again but the sound board is dead and I get artifacts on the displays. But I'll have it sorted soon.

#12 3 years ago

Yeah I think I am definitely going to pass on this one...lol.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 289.00
€ 8.40
$ 64.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball USA
$ 7.00
Electronics
APB Enterprises
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 14.95
€ 4.20
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 149.00
$ 15.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside