(Topic ID: 297967)

Cautionary tales . Friend or tech dies , they have your property !

By bepositive

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bepositive.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Greetings to all . You never know when your time comes . Or a friend you have loaned a game to . Or someone who has your circuit board they are repairing . Second time around for me so I figured would get this out for your consideration .

First tale some years ago . Long standing friend - vendor relationship . Local amusement company , quality work and Jay very nice guy . Always fair treatment. He needed couple pins for his route . Getting them returned became issue when his health suddenly deteriorated. We both thought he was going to recover when he passed. One man operation. 2 games had broken and were in his shop , 1 on location .

Moral this tale , get receipt and mark your game within the body . Would have been much easier in my instance !

Tale 2 . Community's sudden loss Thad this week . Designer Alltek cpu . Super dude . Again long term relationship . Likely 20 -25 years younger than I . He has in his home a professional soldering / test /board repair setup . He had taken my Judge Dread cpu for repair to his home in MD . Unlikely to be retrieved . No huge loss ( ASIC now shockingly $ ) . No suggestion other than maybe a mail label with your name on board .

Real loss is your friends , objects replaceable. Objects more likely chainsaw or snow blower but this is a pinball group .

Shane

#5 2 years ago

The purpose of this thread not intended to retrieve my JD board . Lots new blood in the hobby now . Figured maybe save someone else a hardship .

Thads work very professional quality by the way.

Shane

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bepositive.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cautionary-tales-friend-or-tech-dies-they-have-your-property-?tu=bepositive and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.