(Topic ID: 250574)

Caution: PinballShore.Com

By Dallas_Pin

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

300px-3dpnbsc_tablebgnd (resized).png
    IMG_0226 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

Proceed with caution and DO NOT buy from Pinballshore.com
    We just had a client come into our store to make a deposit on a pinball machine listed on their web site. They have listed on their web site OUR MAILING ADDRESS, but the e-mail address and phone number are not ours. SCAM.
    If anyone has any idea how to turn a web site in for being fraudulent I'd appreciate your assistance. [quoted image]

They're hosted in Pakistan. You can usually get a spammer/scammer website killed (until they move it) by contacting the host explaining a Terms of Service violation.

The host TOS violation email is [email protected]

Their TOS listing is here. I'm sure you can find multiple items to call out being violated by pinballshore.com:

https://www.hosterpk.com/aup

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

I unknowingly bought a counterfeit PS4 controller a few months ago. When it had issues I sent it to Sony for repair and they let me know it wasn't genuine. Then I did a deep dig and the website is known for selling trash. I contacted the VT AG, NV AG, and (if I remember correctly) the FTC or FBI. No feedback or change. The site is still there to this day. Irritating to say the least!

Do a whois on the site to find out who is hosting it, then look up the TOS for that host. There's usually a contact link or email for TOS violations. You can get the host to kick them, killing the site until they re-host, rinse, repeat as much as you want.

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Hosterpk has a terms and conditions page at https://www.hosterpk.com/terms-archived
    and a contact us link and email address at their site. It would probably be fruitless but worth sending an email and asking them to remove pinballshore.com

I've actually had pretty good success when going to the trouble to point out TOS violations to hosts. It's a hassle, but if the fraud/scam is clear and you have proof, most hosts are pretty cooperative, even overseas.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/caution-pinballshorecom?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.