Mollie_Sugden_as_Mrs_Slocombe (resized).jpg
61D2C599-5DC2-4FAD-B4A0-242CF069BB31 (resized).jpeg
1EF3E982-88BB-4BC0-BCED-DE44B88CDAFC (resized).jpeg
IMG_0338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0335 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0336 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240410_111929950 (resized).jpg
21F7EA1E-B44C-44F6-92E5-6C8F1C2FCF10_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider merccat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#609 7 years ago

Lol cats love boxes.... Especially pinball boxes

#618 7 years ago

Chief inspector at work. - or not... Upload not working for me at the moment. Must be a hairball.

1 week later
#626 7 years ago

Here is Ellie, she loves watching pinball and will run into the room at the sound of the a games power switch.

The other one is Bella and shes a bit odd, not really interested in the pins at all.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#641 7 years ago

We call this cat pinball. There is a captive ball they can bat at and it bouces around making a good amount of noise. Sometimes both cats will sit on either side and knock the ball back and fourth.

1 month later
#673 7 years ago

The cat stole a rubber from my parts bin, then the dog stole it from the cat followed by them taking turns running around the house with it.

IMG_4734 (resized).JPGIMG_4734 (resized).JPG

IMG_4735 (resized).JPGIMG_4735 (resized).JPG

#684 7 years ago

I didn't get a picture (it was 3 am) but the other night I was breaking down KISS getting it ready to take it to its new home. I had the head off, manuals packed up, back glass and legs wrapped up and the game body was locked up sitting on the pin dolly, and we went to bed.

My wife woke me up twice that night worried about the cat becausr she wasn't around. Finally, reluctantly, I got up and started looking. It didn't take long and I called out to my wife... "Look at where YOUR cat is!..."

Standing in front of KISS looking towards where the head would normally be was Ellies head. Our aspiring pinball mechanic was poking her head out of the back opening looking back at me like "um... a little help here, I'm stuck.

1 month later
#749 7 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Oh yes, we've tried that.
They get wet, they still climb. They get wet, they still get on the table. They're just quicker to get down when you grab the bottle.

Trouble is they only learn to not do it while your watching...

We broke our cats from getting on tables by using those motion detector air spray cans. That way whether your around or not they still get that scary hiss noise it makes.

Of course sometimes we would forget and leave them on while we were home... walking through the house in the dark you can give yourself a heart attack!

#775 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

DANG! Fancy kitty hahah

Yeah... free from the cardboard box in front of the local wal-mart is my cat speed lol.

Actually last 3 over the years were rescued from local spca

1 week later
#809 7 years ago

Meh... author seemed pretty intent on expressing his dislike of cats and pulling up every possible negative "study" about cats. I only made it about halfway through... not so much because of the cat knocking but more because of the one-sidedness.

But maybe thats just because I'm mentally impared because of my cat.

3 months later
#901 7 years ago

Ellie cat approves.

IMG_5205 (resized).JPGIMG_5205 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#931 7 years ago

Plus I imagine the force they exert on the glass to jump up to the top is relatively similar and the glass never breaks then.

#940 7 years ago

Sounds like the hypothesis has been done.. Time to break out the force sensors and high speed cameras for confirmation.

#944 7 years ago

Goodness! Ok I think my cats are safe. The most amazing part for me was seeing how far a single sheet could bend without breaking.

2 months later
#1007 6 years ago

Mine.

IMG_5710 (resized).JPGIMG_5710 (resized).JPG

#1010 6 years ago

LOL thanks! He name is Bella but I think we should have named her bandit with that mask... plus if you're not watching she'll sneak up and steal your pen.

#1012 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

That's a Snowshoe Bluepoint Siamese.....rare

Cool, would have never known. She was an SPCA rescue. Her sapphire blue eyes immediately caught my attention.

It's taken her a long time to get comfortable with us but now she's always nearby. Plus she's starting to learn tricks!

1 month later
#1046 6 years ago

Its a bird?! It's a plane!? No... it's SuperCat!

IMG_5893 (resized).JPGIMG_5893 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#1060 6 years ago

We have two... Ellie isn't too bright... I can tell not only for the things she does but how our other cat sits up on her perch looking at Ellie giving her looks like "you moron..."

One day while we were unloading groceries Ellie decided to explore one of the cloth bags. On her way out she went through the handle and it snagged on her rear legs.... then of course the bag is now following her... and chasing her... and grabbing her!

HOLY COW!!! Panic attack cat in 15 seconds runs through every room of the house up along the walls like a stock car turning along the bank knocking down lamps, sending papers flying, you name it.

Bella, disturbed by the rukus looks at her... "you moron."

1 week later
#1093 6 years ago

Yeah, she knows where the balls always end up at edventually.

IMG_5931 (resized).JPGIMG_5931 (resized).JPG

6 months later
#1308 6 years ago

Papa, can I help solder?

F96E6F18-B249-4E4C-848E-6CB05BF0D1BD (resized).jpegF96E6F18-B249-4E4C-848E-6CB05BF0D1BD (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#1335 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

This past weekend as I was walking our dog through a local nature preserve, we came upon this stray cat lying at the edge of a field. Our dog, who likes cats, immediately noticed her and got excited. Something about the cat made me think it was in distress. It wasn't moving and meowed loudly at us. I called my wife, who brought a cat carrier, and we took the cat home.
The cat was emaciated -- all skin and bones. As soon as we brought her home the cat gobbled down a bowl of food. She was very sweet, purring constantly and rubbing up against us.
We called animal control who had no reports of a missing cat fitting that description. The next day my wife brought her to a vet to check for a microchip, but there wasn't one. The vet said she only weighed 5.5 lbs and has elevated liver levels which could mean anything from malnourishment to eating a toxin to something else perhaps more severe.
We decided to try to keep her and named her Persephone since she was found out in nature right after the start of Spring.
The next day, she started having seizures. If you've ever seen a cat have a seizure, it is frightening. This was full on foam at the mouth, release the bladder and spin in circles twitching uncontrollably on the floor. The seizures could be caused by the liver problems. The seizures lasted two days, and our vet gave us some medicine to try to control them. After starting the medicine, she hasn't had a seizure for 24 hours, so we're starting to feel better. We are still waiting for medicine to help with the liver.
Our dog Sophie, who found her, has formed a special bond with the cat. She wags her tail and gets excited when Persephone is around. Persephone also seems to like Sophie, sometimes rubbing up against her. Our other two cats having been keeping their distance so far.
Wish us luck! Here are some picks from Persephone's first trip to the game room.

Lovely looking cat and appears pretty young too. Hopefully she makes a full recovery and you get many years with her.

1 week later
#1361 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I could post pictures of her laying that way all day long.

Bella approves.

68EA2762-877D-48B9-8C9F-D97729910F44 (resized).jpeg68EA2762-877D-48B9-8C9F-D97729910F44 (resized).jpeg

DF4F2586-ABFA-4F79-BBC0-DFF7A795DA86 (resized).jpegDF4F2586-ABFA-4F79-BBC0-DFF7A795DA86 (resized).jpeg

A7A5E0A9-C92F-41D1-BBDF-EE8C0E7E8D43 (resized).jpegA7A5E0A9-C92F-41D1-BBDF-EE8C0E7E8D43 (resized).jpeg

#1365 6 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Is Bella surfing pinball forumns on your laptop in that last pic?
Edit: or more like keeping you off to offer more attention elsewhere maybe?

She’s also just as likely to walk on the keyboard and hit buy at whatever I’m currently looking at.

#1370 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Finally getting to some games that have jammed together for a couple years. Found these foot prints on top of around 20 vids and pins. I don't own a cat.

You have a giant room which is basically a big box, filled with hundreds of boxes that probably also have boxes. How could a cat resist? The attraction may be so strong that one would spontaneously materialize out of thin air.

7 months later
#1549 5 years ago

The great hunter stalks it’s prey...

7D55D477-646B-4446-A6E8-C6436886B146 (resized).jpeg7D55D477-646B-4446-A6E8-C6436886B146 (resized).jpeg
7 months later
#1991 4 years ago
Quoted from HighFive:

Funny thing, i was thinking if the playfield glass was strong enough to support a cat, was worried if it could break, looking for my first pin to buy and was worried about that. Guess that thread answer my question lol.

I don’t worry about the glass at all after seeing this:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
4,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vaudreuil-dorion, QC
2,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 19.99
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider merccat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cats-and-pinballs-?tu=merccat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.