61D2C599-5DC2-4FAD-B4A0-242CF069BB31 (resized).jpeg
1EF3E982-88BB-4BC0-BCED-DE44B88CDAFC (resized).jpeg
IMG_0338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0335 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0336 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240410_111929950 (resized).jpg
21F7EA1E-B44C-44F6-92E5-6C8F1C2FCF10_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
20240406_133143 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jibmums.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3606 2 years ago

This is our cat Willie, who we foster-to-adopted three years ago. He belonged to a veteran for 9-10 years, who lost his residence and couldn't keep him any longer, so we adopted him. I stay in touch with his former owner to let him know how he's doing.

Yesterday he began having trouble breathing and we took him to an animal hospital this morning. The diagnosis unfortunately was heart failure, and she believes he may have 3-6 months left. He's really the most affectionate little guy and this is tearing me up. If you're reading this and could just have a good thought for him, I'd appreciate that.

wil (resized).jpgwil (resized).jpg
#3618 2 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

I cringe when I hear these posts, so sorry to hear about Willie. I’m obsessed with my cat and become unhinged with just the thought of him not being around someday. He’s survived a few close calls and is getting old so I treasure every minute with him. Try to spend as much time with Willie as you can. Remember that because of you he had a much better, healthier and happier life than if he was a stray. Best of luck!

Thank you Ron, and thanks everyone else too. He's home since yesterday, on some heart meds and has a cardio appt later this week where they'll determine what other meds he needs. The plan now is just to keep him as calm, happy, and healthy as possible for as long as possible. I thank my stars that I work at home so I can be around for him all day; same as when my grand old boy Atticus passed several years ago, so glad I was able to be around him full-time to care for him. It's amazing how they burrow right into your heart.

3 months later
#3824 2 years ago

This is my goofball Willie, who I first wrote about in post 3606. He lost his battle with heart failure today. I've been his caregiver since New Years Eve, seen him through his good days, which thankfully were many, and his bad days, which thankfully were few. He dealt with his disease like a real champ for three months, and took a turn for the worse earlier this week, which even for a few days he was able to deal with. His breathing turned much worse yesterday and we knew we had to let him go. We parted ways at home in one of his favorite spots (I highly recommend this instead of taking your dog or kitty to the vet for their last visit), and as he feel asleep, he gave me the gift of one last kiss on the cheek. We'll miss you so much, Willie, until we meet again.

101_2525 (resized).JPG101_2525 (resized).JPG

101_2598 (resized).JPG101_2598 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#3840 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Battle scars.
[quoted image]
I realize the above is not a pretty sight. So scroll down quickly.
One of our long hair cats (Munky aka Big Baby) apparently had some diarrhea
and got quite a bit of poo caught up on his behind
So my wife and I took it upon ourselves to clean him up and do some trimming back there.
During the process the cat understandably was a bit perturbed,
but we finally got the job done.
The culprit (thru no fault of his own)
[quoted image]

That looks like it hurts! I was once laying on the bed with our cat Ripley on my stomach, petting him. Something in the room fell down with a BANG! and he dug his claws in and took off like a shot. Ripped me and my shirt wide open.

Last summer, I took him out on the deck to sit on my lap (he's an indoor cat). A stray calico appeared and walked through the yard, and he started growling. I went to pick him up to take him inside, and he turned and locked his claws around my arm, then sank his fangs into me. I've been bitten before but this was deep. Five minutes later he acted like nothing happened, but my arm got infected, got cellulitis, swelled up and got hot to the touch. Had to go to an urgent care facility and get a tetanus shot and a regimen of antibiotics. Never trifle with a cat bite.

#3852 1 year ago
Quoted from NYP:

Hey cat lovers! Any of you have experience with something called hyperesthesia? It's sort of a cat anxiety attack, they get all restless and start over-grooming and twitchy etc. Diagnosing is hard and there aren't really any cures, and it's not very common although there are plenty of YouTube videos showing it. I'm not even sure if my cat has it, but he did have a couple of episodes of weird behavior. The vet took blood and x-rays and said nothing unusual. Some say it's related to or starts because of itchy dry skin, which my cat has, dandruff etc. So I have him on a regimen of daily sprayings to keep his skin moist, and brushing him more, and starting him on omega-3/fish oils which I should have had him on already. It's happened 2-3 times over the course of a few weeks but hasn't reoccurred since I've been taking care of his dry skin. But being an overprotective parent and obsessive cat lover, thought I would throw this out there so see if any of you had any experience with it, TIA

Not the same thing, but my Ripley was a bit of an anxious maniac when we first got him; over-grooming, scratching us, etc. Our vet put him on 5 mg Fluoxetine daily, and it's calmed him down considerably. Basically, it's kitty Prozac.

10 months later
#4399 1 year ago

Back in post #3824 I posted photos of our cat Willie, who we had just had to put down due to heart failure. Eight months later, just before New Years Eve, the anniversary of the day Willie was diagnosed, we felt it was time to adopt again and brought home this little boy who's missing an eye. I named him Jacks (One-eyed Jacks, get it?) and I've never met a cat who was initially so skittish. He's warmed up quite a lot in two months though, likes having his tummy rubbed, runs into the bedroom and leaps up on me when it's bedtime, and loves attacking and wrestling with his big cat brother (who outweighs him by a good 5 lbs). He's all personality, farts more than any cat I've ever known, and I keep finding his paw prints all over the glass of my pins.

100_3958 (resized).JPG100_3958 (resized).JPG

#4403 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I am surprised by how many one eyed cats I have come across, we used to have one live on our back deck a couple years ago

I would love to know how he lost it, but he was a feral who was TNR'ed so we'll never know. It doesn't hinder him from watching movies and bird videos, which he loves to do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vaudreuil-dorion, QC
$ 19.99
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 199.95
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jibmums.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cats-and-pinballs-?tu=jibmums and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.