61D2C599-5DC2-4FAD-B4A0-242CF069BB31 (resized).jpeg
1EF3E982-88BB-4BC0-BCED-DE44B88CDAFC (resized).jpeg
IMG_0338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0335 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0336 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240410_111929950 (resized).jpg
21F7EA1E-B44C-44F6-92E5-6C8F1C2FCF10_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
20240406_133143 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boagman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#582 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Was putting in LED's, had to go take a call for an hour, came back to this. The audible snoring of the cat made me take the picture.
Dreaming of Fish, just another tail.

I really liked this pic. It's amazing how determined cats are to get into a specific space. Visual proof of same.

4 years later
#3050 3 years ago

I'm both sorry for the loss of Rocket and very glad for the opportunity you are giving the new brother and sister. It's an exciting time, and yet still a time of loss/mourning. Allow for both. And good on you for helping out two new pinball helpers!

1 week later
#3071 3 years ago
Quoted from djd9617:

[quoted image]

"What? I'm not doing anything wrong..."

1 week later
#3088 3 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Happy cat
[quoted image]

Clearly. But no pinball!

#3091 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I put magnets on my towels at the top.
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

CHEATER!!!!

Oh, oh wait...for the kitties. Never mind!

#3098 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I know this isn’t “cats and pinball” and this isn’t even my cat, but I saw this pure bred Maine Coon today and had to post it. This is the most beautiful cat I’ve ever seen. Check out those ears. He looks like a lynx. The owner told me he bought him for $1800 a year and a half ago. And now the breeder is selling them for $2400.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Actually, to me, that doesn't look like something I'd want for a domestic cat. It does have some "majesty" to its mane, but it's not what I'd want in my home, I don't think. I *certainly* wouldn't want to pay four figures for one, especially when there's such a need to help the myriad ones that already exist.

#3112 3 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Had to put my kitty down a few days ago. She was just over 20 years old.
I miss her...
[quoted image]

Aw, that really is too bad, and I'm sorry for your loss. But do remember that you gave her 20 years of a great home, love, safety, food, and security. She *knew* she was loved, for certain. Remember her well, and know that she loved you back.

#3116 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Gotta move on. These are the new guys. Siblings, Champion and Kate. Will always miss Rocket![quoted image]

They actually do look related. Hope they make you happy, and you them.

1 week later
#3122 3 years ago
Quoted from Birdnest:

Boom was trying to trouble shoot dead coils - he is not a good technician
[quoted image][quoted image]

Naw...he's a Trophy Cat, dontchaknow.

1 month later
#3167 2 years ago

You people are making me wistful...

#3170 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

There are a lot of homeless kitties that need a home.

I agree, and when I have a place of my own, I plan to rectify that for one or two of them. I miss my kitties.

1 week later
#3177 2 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

We are going to be up most of the night checking on one of our cats (Jimmy Joe 1.5yrs old)
who swallowed a 18in X 0.5in long piece of soft plastic from a mailer envelope.
He will either vomit or poop it out hopefully or worst case have a bowel blockage.
He is doing fine now acting normal eating drinking playing.
We called our vet within 10 minutes of it happening (just before 5PM), and he said to just observe him and if necessary bring him to 24hr emergency vet (only one in town).
If the cat is still OK in the morning, we will bring him into our vet for check, observation or maybe xray or last resort surgery.
Fingers crossed all goes well.[quoted image]

Sorry to hear this. I can't help but think that some creatures are just too dumb for their own good, sometimes. If it was *my* cat, though, I'd be feeling as you do, so I'm sorry, and I can relate.

#3193 2 years ago

Jimmy Joe...Jimmy Joe isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, based on those pics, is he?

You do...you do *feed* him, don't you? Actual food, right?

#3197 2 years ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Nap time.
[quoted image]

See, all I want to do is reach out and pet that kitty, which would wake him/her up, and that seems unfair to me. I'd still probably do it, but it's still a bit on the unfair side.

1 week later
#3218 2 years ago

What is the machine to the right of Transformers that is missing its translite, currently?

1 month later
#3292 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Behold, the king.
[quoted image]

Steve Ritchie's lost weight.

3 weeks later
#3323 2 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Just “love bites”.

I loved those. My now-passed cat Zora taught me a game she wanted me to learn how to play, dubbed "The Game". Here were the rules/qualifications:

1. Zora jumps up into your lap for shared affection and body warmth.
2. After a while (no certain given time), a certain section of her person becomes "off limits to you" and if you should happen to touch her in that quadrant, she reacts by acting like she's going to bite you but really she would just "tooth" you. Sort of a "Gotcha!" moment, and you remind her that she "accidentally almost ate my hand".
3. You have options at this point. Option A: INSTANT ENGAGEMENT!!!! It's on! There is nothing *but* trying to touch The Forbidden Quadrant and you must Battle The Beast Cat for supremacy. Option B: Temporary obedience/agreement. You decide to avoid The Forbidden Quadrant and continue to pet the kitty as per usual, but must never touch The Forbidden Quadrant, lest we go to INSTANT ENGAGEMENT!!!!
4. Assuming Option B has been chosen, another inconsistent passage of time passes, with you successfully steering clear of The Forbidden Quadrant, when suddenly, as if out of left field, The Forbidden Quadrant has *grown in size*, and now comprises at least half of said cat's physical body. Both options are still open to you, but...
5. Eventually, there are no spots left on the kitty that are *not* The Forbidden Zone. You have no choice but to physically engage with said kitty FOR YOUR VERY LIFE!!!! Or, you know...at least until she gets tired of The Game and decides that she's won. Again.

I direly miss The Game.

#3325 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

This is AWESOME.
One of my cats, Artie, still loves the "Blanket Monster" game. It's not as detailed, but:
1. Artie gets up on bed, and looks relaxed.
2. He will seemingly abently 'paw' (no claws) at the comforter.
3. If something under the comforter moves (i.e. My hand), the claws come out, and he goes BEZERK trying to KILL it.

Oh, yes...absolutely. This is part-and-parcel of the kitty-on-the-bed experience.

#3343 2 years ago

Dang, that's hard. Glad you were able to make him a good home for the time he had.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 3.00
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
$ 129.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

4,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vaudreuil-dorion, QC
$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Langhorne, PA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boagman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cats-and-pinballs-?tu=boagman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.