IMG_20240410_111929950 (resized).jpg
21F7EA1E-B44C-44F6-92E5-6C8F1C2FCF10_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
20240406_133143 (resized).jpg
1B75BFF3-B452-443B-81D0-FD859737A820 (resized).jpeg
16798FE7-A6C5-4515-912C-031EE55215B8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1544 (resized).JPG
20240331_154700 (resized).jpg
There are 5,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 105.
#301 9 years ago

prince sparkle pony guarding the queen...

image-183.jpgimage-183.jpg

#302 9 years ago

Alien kitty ...

image.jpgimage.jpg

#303 9 years ago

And twin sister.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#304 9 years ago

At least someone in the Family is paying attention to the new pin coming home!

1.jpg1.jpg 2.jpg2.jpg
3 weeks later
#305 9 years ago

Anyone had problems with cats causing damage? So far we've made the room mostly off limits but would like to keep it open all the time which means 3 cats of varying sizes wandering around. I figure the most risk (besides hair on the PF glass) would be to toppers and parts/tools left unlocked but the thought of them jumping down on the PF glass repeatedly (even tempered) is still a bit nerve wracking.

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from gtown:

the thought of them jumping down on the PF glass repeatedly (even tempered) is still a bit nerve wracking.

Especially if you have invisglass. What would claws do to the coating I wonder?

#307 9 years ago
Quoted from gtown:

Anyone had problems with cats causing damage? So far we've made the room mostly off limits but would like to keep it open all the time which means 3 cats of varying sizes wandering around. I figure the most risk (besides hair on the PF glass) would be to toppers and parts/tools left unlocked but the thought of them jumping down on the PF glass repeatedly (even tempered) is still a bit nerve wracking.

I've had my cats jump in the cab when i left it open, which would be my biggest concern. Especially for my cat if it was on. Would rather pay/work to fix a machine than have to cope with one of my kitties being hurt... Or worse.

#308 9 years ago

The husband was not happy about this. Maybe the glass shouldn't be left off? Haha

image.jpgimage.jpg

image-536.jpgimage-536.jpg image-962.jpgimage-962.jpg
#309 9 years ago
Quoted from carmour:

The husband was not happy about this. Maybe the glass shouldn't be left off? Haha

Tell your husband you were teaching the cat to buff the playfield.

#310 9 years ago

Ohhh, nice kitty.
My cats favorite hobby is to jump down from the bacbox's top to the glass, with four legs, like a brick... :S
And the hair...this is, why I start to produce covers for (my) pins.

And I try to keep close the cabinet doors, because my cats always jump into the machine. There are high voltage there... :S And they can play with the cables.

#311 9 years ago

This is a travesty...somebody bump the damn dog thread!!

#312 9 years ago
Quoted from gtown:

nope... no issues here...

i wouldn't lose any sleep over them jumping on the pf glass... the chances of them jumping up on it and breaking it is basically zero... it can hold up to people pounding the living crap outta it (not that i know anyone who might have done something like that ), it isn't breaking when a cat lands on it....

#313 9 years ago

Stupid Kitty years ago with Eight Ball before he died, and Jr Kitty with Cirqus Voltaire

sk.jpgsk.jpg
jrcv.jpgjrcv.jpg

#314 9 years ago
Quoted from gtown:

Quoted from ccotenj:

nope... no issues here...
i wouldn't lose any sleep over them jumping on the pf glass... the chances of them jumping up on it and breaking it is basically zero... it can hold up to people pounding the living crap outta it (not that i know anyone who might have done something like that ), it isn't breaking when a cat lands on it....

Agreed. Never had a problem other than climbing inside the machine when I left the coin door open (which was my fault, got him out after unplugging the machine).

As far as play field glass, it's never been even a concern as far as I go. These machines are meant to stand up to being routed at numerous types of locations, I don't think a cat is going to pose much of a problem. (I've also seen my cat climb and jump on the machines plenty of times, no issues)

Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Especially if you have invisglass. What would claws do to the coating I wonder?

That's an interesting question. But unless your cat actively scratches at the glass, I doubt he poses much of a problem.

#315 9 years ago

This is Dracula Kitty perched on mommy's Theatre of Magic

DraculaTM.jpgDraculaTM.jpg

#316 9 years ago

Neighbourhood cat sneaked in and marked his territory against the wall behind my pinball machines….the smell is horrible for the last few days

#317 9 years ago

I was playing Tron when about 45 seconds in the cabinet starts shaking a bit and I hear a loud meoooooow... Powered it off in a hurry and opened the door and out pops my Siamese, who amazingly didn't seem to get electrocuted! I swear I had only opened it and turned my back for a second... Lesson learned, you gotta watch cats + pinball machines like kids + water...

#318 9 years ago
Quoted from Benfica99:

Neighbourhood cat sneaked in and marked his territory against the wall behind my pinball machines….the smell is horrible for the last few days

Dont use any cleaner with an ammonia base, google for good cleaning tips and a 12 gauge is a good deterrent

#319 9 years ago

Guarding the EMs

image.jpgimage.jpg

#320 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

prince sparkle pony guarding the queen...
image-183.jpg 246 KB

Neat, a Devon Rex.

#321 9 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Neat, a Devon Rex.

he is a rescue... was originally owned by a breeder who stopped taking care of them, and they ended up in a shelter a friend of mine volunteers at... she sent me a picture of him (he was pretty scraggly looking), and he just looked like he needed to come home with me...

#322 9 years ago

We had a rescue that was part Devon Rex, that's how I know. They have that curly fur. Sadly before we rescued him he was an outdoor cat that got in tons of fights and had FIV, he only lived a few years.

#323 9 years ago

Anyone looking to adopt a cat that wont jump up on your pinny or fit in the coin door entry? His name is Sumo and he was surrended to an animal rescue shelter in queensland Australia last week He is 9yrs old and weighs (14.3kg) over 30lb
Very cute. Apparently he can run. image.jpgimage.jpg

#324 9 years ago

dadgum... that is one substantial cat...

Quoted from Fairground:

Apparently he can run.

image.jpg 28 KB

he hasn't been late for dinner too many times, that is for sure...

#325 9 years ago

Ewok, when he was just a kitten. Now about 2x the size.
ewokSTTNG.jpgewokSTTNG.jpg

#326 9 years ago

Here is Wonton, he passed last year

Don't have pics of him on pins, but he sure loved to jump on them and chase the ball around! Here is my best pic of him.

image-134.jpgimage-134.jpg

#327 9 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, you can easily imagine how happy this is about to make 3 cats...

#328 9 years ago

anyone had issues with cats getting in the machine and batting at wires and other stuff under the PF? seems like dangling stuff would be too much for some cats to resist.

#329 9 years ago
Quoted from Dommer:

anyone had issues with cats getting in the machine and batting at wires and other stuff under the PF? seems like dangling stuff would be too much for some cats to resist.

Mine didn't do any damage, but he did get inside it. I left the coin door open for a second and turned around. Next thing I knew, he had jumped inside. I just unplugged it, and let him come out on his own. I was more worried about him getting hurt than doing any damage to the machine.

But anyone who has cats knows how they are. If they see something new, they want to check it out.

ACDCBIB292 021.JPGACDCBIB292 021.JPG
#330 9 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I was more worried about him getting hurt than doing any damage to the machine.

that would be my concern as well.

#331 9 years ago

Not my cat ... but is my game ...

Image-21.JPGImage-21.JPG

#332 9 years ago
Quoted from _litz:

Not my cat ... but is my game ...

Image-21.JPG 141 KB

Oh no...Elvira's pussy is getting away.

3 weeks later
#333 9 years ago

PING!!!!!!!!!!!

Its time. Someone give me something here.

chris

#334 9 years ago
Quoted from carmour:

I think our cats may be related.

#335 9 years ago

The cat thinks he is Todd.

#336 9 years ago

Lol me not shady, no choggard
Even cats know. Nice one, thedefog

#337 9 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

I was playing Tron when about 45 seconds in the cabinet starts shaking a bit and I hear a loud meoooooow... Powered it off in a hurry and opened the door and out pops my Siamese, who amazingly didn't seem to get electrocuted! I swear I had only opened it and turned my back for a second... Lesson learned, you gotta watch cats + pinball machines like kids + water...

haha, freaking cats! My cat did that to me when I was playing checkpoint....Just had done some fixes and powered the game on to test.

2 weeks later
#338 9 years ago

I guess installing the coin door can wait a while......

photo (3).JPGphoto (3).JPG IMG_1247.jpgIMG_1247.jpg
#339 9 years ago

Looks like Henri, Le Chat Noir.

#340 9 years ago

IMG_0117.JPGIMG_0117.JPG
Pee Wee on the Cap'n!

#341 9 years ago

IMG_1126.JPGIMG_1126.JPG
The Dr. is in

#342 9 years ago

IMG_1797.JPGIMG_1797.JPGOn Fire!

#343 9 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Mine didn't do any damage, but he did get inside it. I left the coin door open for a second and turned around. Next thing I knew, he had jumped inside. I just unplugged it, and let him come out on his own. I was more worried about him getting hurt than doing any damage to the machine.
But anyone who has cats knows how they are. If they see something new, they want to check it out.

ACDCBIB292 021.JPG 198 KB

Careful! He appears to be "Chargin' his Lazors!"

#344 9 years ago

It used to not bother me to have a cat on my pinballs till I got WOZ. Their little piddies scratch the glass when they jump off. I would prefer them stay their fuzzy buts off my games but that aint going to happen. I have one cat that is so dumb he literally gets lost behind a open door and cries for someone to get him out. He goes upstairs and cannot figure out how to get down. Never seen a cat so dumb. I would get rid of him but no one wants him and I would never just dump any animal that I had taken in.

#345 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

It used to not bother me to have a cat on my pinballs till I got WOZ. Their little piddies scratch the glass when they jump off. I would prefer them stay their fuzzy buts off my games but that aint going to happen. I have one cat that is so dumb he literally gets lost behind a open door and cries for someone to get him out. He goes upstairs and cannot figure out how to get down. Never seen a cat so dumb. I would get rid of him but no one wants him and I would never just dump any animal that I had taken in.

Have no fear. Problem solved. You just gotta get some Kitten Mittens.

cat.gifcat.gif

1 week later
#346 9 years ago

http://news.distractify.com/culture/arts/cat-table/

Here is something to keep your cat busy and out of your pinny

#347 9 years ago

image-358.jpgimage-358.jpgimage-358.jpgimage-358.jpg

#348 9 years ago

IMG_1324.jpgIMG_1324.jpgAttack From Champ// Error: Image 279879 not found //2013-06-14 18.47.52.jpg2013-06-14 18.47.52.jpg

#349 9 years ago

Here's Hooligan

20131203_200143.jpg20131203_200143.jpg

#350 9 years ago

Hey! Strikes and Spares used to be in the other room!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 19.99
4,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vaudreuil-dorion, QC
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 105.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cats-and-pinballs-/page/7?hl=cyw6850 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.