Topic Stats

• 1,761 posts
  • 378 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by SilverUnicorn
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,087 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190219_095225_1550591598297 (resized).jpg
F597AF42-C116-40C4-BA02-4F15A978AF99 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
4F9CE2D1-19B0-4499-855A-595BB422D787 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
20170416_174653 (resized).jpg
20190216_172645 (resized).jpg
Foto0320 (resized).jpg
DSC04327 (resized).JPG
85866F10-1B4C-442B-B830-23AFF6E6D566 (resized).jpeg
Pablo (resized).jpg
hobbes charged (resized).jpg
25A55C88-39BB-4F76-A447-FB16AED7F453 (resized).jpeg
99F6AD55-DA07-4020-B916-0675A22E1154 (resized).jpeg
20190213_210521 (003) (resized).jpg
IMG_6102 (resized).JPG
IMG_6101 (resized).JPG
20190205_200105 (resized).jpg

There are 1761 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 36.
#1701 23 days ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Thanks for the well wishes! Hobbes is NOT getting along with his brother AT ALL. They really got into it tonight. It's like they never knew each other. More stresses. Keeping them separated and trying to do scent swaps to get them acclimated again.
Chris

I've had that happen before. I've heard that sometimes when the one cat that came home from the vet may not smell the same to the other kitty (but you probably won't notice) because of some of the medications it has either ingested or been injected with. Weather or not this is true, things get back to normal in a day or so.

#1702 23 days ago

Thanks for the well wishes! Hobbes is NOT getting along with his brother AT ALL. They really got into it tonight. It's like they never knew each other. More stresses. Keeping them separated and trying to do scent swaps to get them acclimated again.
Chris

Same thing happened with our brothers Mario and Luigi. Mario had a really bad urinary blockage and nearly died. Once he was back from the vet we had to keep him separated from his brother for a few days. Luigi would walk up to him and just start hissing. Very stressful situation cause you just want your poor kitty to heal up fast. But to echo what others have said, it should be fine in a few days.

#1703 23 days ago

Chris

It is the hospital smells. Cats identify each other by smell. One thing to try is brush them with the same brush back and forth between the two cats multiple times to share their smells. The side of the face is a good place to get a lot of their scent.
Catnip may also help. The stores also sell calming sprays.

#1704 22 days ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

A shelter should be able to recommend a cat or kitten that has been exposed to and socialized with dogs before. Cats are like people, some just like dogs and some don’t. But a shelter should kno who’s who. Ask the volunteers, they know more than staff in many cases as they give them snuggle time and may notice if the kitty is anxious around Fido.

Yes, there's often a note on the adoption ad about dog and kid compatibility. When we went to get our current rescue cat the shelter brought a dog into the cat room to see how our candidate would react.

#1705 22 days ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

That's typical after an extended vet visit. One cat doesnt recognize the others scent. It will get better shortly once that nasty vet smell wears off

try brushing him and they make a slightly scented pad you wipe them down afterward to take the loose hair, they smell real good afterwards. Can get you the name if you need it LMK.

#1706 22 days ago
Quoted from NYP:

try brushing him and they make a slightly scented pad you wipe them down afterward to take the loose hair, they smell real good afterwards. Can get you the name if you need it LMK.

IMG_6286 (resized).jpg
#1707 22 days ago

So happy to welcome Shiva into our family! She hasn’t discovered the machines yet, but hopefully she will soon!

00D5B4C6-B178-49B5-8049-1CD81D429D8E.jpeg3A5AA11C-3B98-45F1-B29E-7DF6504DFBEE.jpeg0C3C90BF-8D6B-4894-A15F-0EDE61E143CB.jpeg5CD6CF08-399C-4C58-91CD-FE7A830600B6.jpeg
#1708 22 days ago

Wow, kitty in a bag delivered to your door! I need one! Sealed for freshness Are they delivered with prime?

#1709 22 days ago

Shiva the destroyer Hindu god! She is very beautiful, love the gold in her face. Looks to be quite at home!

#1710 22 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

Shiva the destroyer Hindu god! She is very beautiful, love the gold in her face. Looks to be quite at home!

One of the most unique cats I have ever seen. Incredibly beautiful. Finally have a lap cat too!

#1711 22 days ago

i love this topic (did i said it already !? lol)

1st of all, because as evbd here, i love cats
if i have to believe in reincarnation, surelly i was a cat before...
and than, later, i want to be a cat again, as, in a "good" family, its the perfect life : eat, sleep, f**k, and now even the possibility to spare time on pins !!!

#1712 21 days ago

Here are our two children. No interest in pinball as of yet, but they love hanging out with us while playing.

cats (resized).jpg
#1713 21 days ago

So none of my cats really have an interest in the pinball machines.. They wont go on them, but Pumpkin will go on the pool table occasionally to inspect the pockets and roll a ball in now and again.

2019-01-30 13.12.08 (resized).jpg
#1714 20 days ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

So none of my cats really have an interest in the pinball machines.. They wont go on them, but Pumpkin will go on the pool table occasionally to inspect the pockets and roll a ball in now and again.[quoted image]

Whack a mole. .

#1715 20 days ago

That is just TOO funny

#1716 20 days ago

Juliet hanging out.

Screenshot_20190131-162403_Gallery (resized).jpg
#1717 20 days ago

My cat Chloe.
pasted_image (resized).png

#1718 20 days ago

They don't scratch up the felt? I'd be afraid they would get stuck.

#1719 20 days ago

Thats awesome!

#1720 20 days ago

Thank you for all of your concerns about Calvin and Hobbes.

After 5 days, I can now say there is one again peace between the cats! Not sure how, but I am not complaining! tried having them together earlier this evening and Hobbes hissed and growled as he has been doing. Put Calvin in our bedroom to seperate them again. Feeding time came around, and I opened the door. Calvin came out of the room, Hobbes was laying by the door. Calvin walked over to him, sniffed his head, then his butt, meowed once, and all was right with the world. It was like a switch flipped.

Cats are weird! But it is certainly a stress lifted!

Chris

#1721 20 days ago

After 5 days, I can now say there is one again peace between the cats!

Set them down and have them watch the Hatfields and McCoys and they'll remember they don't like each again.

#1722 19 days ago

ok, very nice... that video was taken the day
now, we wanna see that one in the night, when they think they are alone and they really play pool !!! lol

Quoted from mollyspub:

They don't scratch up the felt?
I'd be afraid they would get stuck.

surelly it will be...
and no way, cats are contortionists

#1723 18 days ago

Hobo just survived his iodine treatment for hyperthyroid and is back to work as the NYP quality control supervisor! Making sure I do a good job sanding the back of the cabinet, glad to have him back!

IMG_6384 (resized).jpgIMG_6385 (resized).jpgIMG_6388 (resized).jpg
#1724 18 days ago

This one's for neemypeemy, I think you have Hobo's sibling

IMG_4496 (resized).jpg
#1725 18 days ago

Another hobo relative “mountain” checking out STTP’s cat snowball

3A0CC109-39BA-4DEE-B4B5-115A2708D5B6 (resized).png
#1726 18 days ago

This is Agamemnon (Aggie), he's half Maine Coon and the only one of our three cats who's taken an interest in pinball The others just like getting on top of the cabinets so they have a perch. Aggie has the urine crystal problem, so he gets the *expensive* wet C/D food.

aggie_pin (resized).jpg
#1727 18 days ago

Mitties hangn out in thr arcade

5AE66537-07BE-46EE-BE53-14A20603D405 (resized).jpeg
#1728 17 days ago
Quoted from NYP:

This one's for neemypeemy, I think you have Hobo's sibling
[quoted image]

Awwww too cute!

#1729 15 days ago

Had a request from another thread for side view of my motordome cab, along came the inspector.
Then just moments later, are these the parts you need daddy?

20190205_194537 (resized).jpg20190205_200105 (resized).jpg
#1730 14 days ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Had a request from another thread for side view of my motordome cab, along came the inspector.
Then just moments later, are these the parts you need daddy?[quoted image][quoted image]

MewterDome

#1731 13 days ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

are these the parts you need daddy?

If your cat is anything like mine, some of those parts will be on the floor tomorrow morning.

#1732 13 days ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

If your cat is anything like mine, some of those parts will be on the floor tomorrow morning.

That is precisely why I have to bag them, at least I can find the bag. If I leave anything unattended, within minutes I hear it hit the floor!
And she is NO help when looking for them later! It's funny because for two years she did not venture onto countertops, now for whatever reason (guess she found that's where I kept her "toys") she is all over them.

#1733 10 days ago

Hobbes says thank you for the well wishes! So far doing well. Seems much happier, and is eating like a horse! LOL

IMG_6101 (resized).JPGIMG_6102 (resized).JPG
#1734 6 days ago

Go Hobbes!!

Here is Sugar, investigating the newest member of the family. As we often experience, with in mere seconds after opening that coin door!

20190213_210521 (003) (resized).jpg
#1735 6 days ago

I don’t have a photo on the pins yet, but we recently got 2 new cats, siblings; and one of them ALWAYS - without fail - jumps right on top of any game I am playing. Lately it is WOZ, and this morning I noticed a hundred tiny paw prints on the glass. Yeesh...

Here’s also a photo of that one’s brother playing with my son’s WWE guys. Did this all by himself when they were left on the couch

99F6AD55-DA07-4020-B916-0675A22E1154 (resized).jpeg
#1736 6 days ago

My new topper

25A55C88-39BB-4F76-A447-FB16AED7F453 (resized).jpeg
#1737 6 days ago

Hobbes is now fully charged! LOL. They love it when the mailman brings them stuff

hobbes charged (resized).jpg
#1738 6 days ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:Hobbes is now fully charged!

...RUN!

#1739 5 days ago

Hobbes is now fully charged! LOL. They love it when the mailman brings them stuff [quoted image]

Not to get off topic, but I see the Chewy.com box there. I keep seeing commercials for them. Any feedback on them?

#1740 5 days ago

Hobbes is now fully charged! LOL

i dont see a X-Ca... heu X-Men in your collection !?

#1741 4 days ago

My buddy Hobbes is in ICU. Had a severe urinary blockage . I feel like a bad cat parent because he seemed absolutely fine until last night. Poor guy.

Hobbes says thank you for the well wishes! So far doing well. Seems much happier, and is eating like a horse! LOL

Well, my buddy Pablo just got diagnosed with the same issue and is currently at the vet. He was perfectly fine yesterday, and then, BAM! Woke up today to him crying and hiding behind the couch--definitely not himself. I hope that he pulls through like Hobbes did!

Pablo (resized).jpg

#1742 4 days ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

but I see the Chewy.com box there. I keep seeing commercials for them. Any feedback on them?

We use chewy to get most of our cats needs, as the food both dry and wet is about 10-20% cheaper than at most grocery stores,
even a bit cheaper than Wal-Mart, especially if you place an order for >$49 to get free shipping,
which is not too hard for us since we have 7 cats and one dog.
Though we still shop around to find the best bargains, especially on cat litter.
Our local Winco at times has better prices on litter.
With Chewy.com one can also get $20 off 1st order, if you sign up for autoship.
Autoship can be set up to automatically reorder staples of your choice every week or up to every 6 months
and you can change or cancel any autoship at anytime.
And most items when ordered thru autoship you get an extra 5-10% off.
Most order shipments come in about 3 days, you being in LA might get it in 2 days.

We are happy with service so far.

#1743 4 days ago

Not sure what’s in it. I call it kitty cocaine. Cat craves this stuff.

85866F10-1B4C-442B-B830-23AFF6E6D566 (resized).jpeg
#1744 4 days ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Not to get off topic, but I see the Chewy.com box there. I keep seeing commercials for them. Any feedback on them?

Chewy.com is owned by Petsmart. They often have better prices than Petsmart. I recommend them if you are going to order enough for free shipping. They got me my order a couple days ago in one day free shipping by fed ex.

#1745 4 days ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Well, my buddy Pablo just got diagnosed with the same issue and is currently at the vet.
[quoted image]

Cats need grain-free food. They are carnivores. I'm sure that's what the Vets going to tell you so just go ahead and spend the extra money on good grain-free wet and dry foods and you will have no problems, and way cheaper than vet bills.

#1746 4 days ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

Cats need grain-free food. They are carnivores. I'm sure that's what the Vets going to tell you so just go ahead and spend the extra money on good grain-free wet and dry foods and you will have no problems, and way cheaper than vet bills.

Thanks. We actually switched his dry food and treats over about a month ago. When my wife brought Pablo in to the vet, she asked if the change in diet might have been part of the problem.

But yeah, I have a feeling that wet food might be in his future.

#1747 4 days ago

Old photo of Ozzy checking me out cleaning Flintstone.
(Male Maine Coon)
DSC04327 (resized).JPG

#1748 4 days ago

Ella not caring too much
(Female Maine Coon)

Foto0320 (resized).jpg
#1749 4 days ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Ella not caring too much
(Female Maine Coon)[quoted image]

She just needs a little blanket and she is set for the rest of the winter.

#1750 4 days ago

We had that problem with our male cat Romeo. But since we switched over two and a half years ago no problem since. These are the Brand's we use and the cats love it. My wife emails the companies and they send her coupons for money off as It's not cheap.

20190216_172645 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 45.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
There are 1761 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 36.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside