(Topic ID: 154186)

Catapult problem, possible chipped pieces and speaker question for my MMR.

By TimeForNostalgia

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by RudyHead
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mtdouble.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

Go to the menu and decrease the catapult strength and possibly increase the angle of your machine. It should not be that strong at the default setting.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Let us know if that helped. Can you really change the catapult strength separately?

YES

#7 8 years ago

The four diagnostic buttons on the coin door. Please hold the "Escape" button down for 5 seconds or so.

#8 8 years ago

NIB 2 balls stuck in Catapult
Issue:
I unboxed my MMR yesterday and initiated extensive play testing. I LOVE the machine but as its destined to be put out on location it needs to be just about perfect before going out. It needs coin mechs too which are on the way.....lets not go there.
When playing it after about 35 games I got two balls into the catapult and the kicker wasn't strong enough to get them out. I took the glass off and cleared them and two games later it happened again. This would be fatal for operation of the machine on location if I had to drop by 2-4 times a week to clear stuck balls.
The obvious solution is to up the power on the kicker and I did that and it cleared balls in only the +1 setting. The problem I'm having now is that at any setting other than default power (and sometimes on default) the ball hits the flasher dome behind the castle and usually drops backwards down the left ramp and occasionally ends up in the moat.
I thought I'd consult the pinside hive mind before bending habitrails or adding deflectors. I tried to bend the end of the catapult habitrail down to aim the ball downward into the ramp but that thing is STIFF.
Has anyone encountered this issue on MMR or on an original MM? Any suggestions before I start bending things?
Solution:
There's a lock nut most of the way up the habitrail that has about an inch of adjustment in it. Moved the habitrail to the right and it's 100% on the ramp.
The solution was just to move the wirerail for the catapult over to the right a little bit...just loosen the screw about 1/2 way up, slide the wirerail over a bit and tighten the screw.
It now works perfectly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mtdouble.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/catapult-problem-on-my-mmr?tu=mtdouble and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.