(Topic ID: 154186)

Catapult problem, possible chipped pieces and speaker question for my MMR.

By TimeForNostalgia

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by RudyHead
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Updated:
I am a first time pin owner and I'm having an issue with the catapult. The catapult is shooting the ball really hard and it hits the red light above the ramp that is behind the castle and then slams into the castle. Is there a way to stop this and make the ball go in the ramp that it is supposed to? I also found two pieces of what looks like plastic sitting on the play field. Could this be chipped playfield or is there something else that it could be? There also seems to be white dust all over the playfield is this normal? Also, what do you guys use to wipe off the play field? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you for your time.

#2 8 years ago

Go to the menu and decrease the catapult strength and possibly increase the angle of your machine. It should not be that strong at the default setting.

#3 8 years ago

^^^ very accurate answer^^^
Mike

#4 8 years ago

Thank you for the help!

#5 8 years ago

Let us know if that helped. Can you really change the catapult strength separately?

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Let us know if that helped. Can you really change the catapult strength separately?

YES

#7 8 years ago

The four diagnostic buttons on the coin door. Please hold the "Escape" button down for 5 seconds or so.

#8 8 years ago

NIB 2 balls stuck in Catapult
Issue:
I unboxed my MMR yesterday and initiated extensive play testing. I LOVE the machine but as its destined to be put out on location it needs to be just about perfect before going out. It needs coin mechs too which are on the way.....lets not go there.
When playing it after about 35 games I got two balls into the catapult and the kicker wasn't strong enough to get them out. I took the glass off and cleared them and two games later it happened again. This would be fatal for operation of the machine on location if I had to drop by 2-4 times a week to clear stuck balls.
The obvious solution is to up the power on the kicker and I did that and it cleared balls in only the +1 setting. The problem I'm having now is that at any setting other than default power (and sometimes on default) the ball hits the flasher dome behind the castle and usually drops backwards down the left ramp and occasionally ends up in the moat.
I thought I'd consult the pinside hive mind before bending habitrails or adding deflectors. I tried to bend the end of the catapult habitrail down to aim the ball downward into the ramp but that thing is STIFF.
Has anyone encountered this issue on MMR or on an original MM? Any suggestions before I start bending things?
Solution:
There's a lock nut most of the way up the habitrail that has about an inch of adjustment in it. Moved the habitrail to the right and it's 100% on the ramp.
The solution was just to move the wirerail for the catapult over to the right a little bit...just loosen the screw about 1/2 way up, slide the wirerail over a bit and tighten the screw.
It now works perfectly.

#9 8 years ago

The speaker crackling buzz is fixed with the beta update if you can find it still if not The official update should be out soon ( or later or whenever who knows LOL)

#10 8 years ago

I tried to turn down the catapult strength but it looks like the lowest setting is the default setting. Any other suggestions? Thank you for the speaker update. I also noticed a couple pieces of what look to be small pieces of plastic sitting on the play field. Could that plastic stuff be chipped play field or is there something else that it could be? Sorry for the noob questions.

#11 8 years ago

Hard to say what the plastic is - can you post a photo of it?
Re: the white dust - clean it off and see if it reappears.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeForNostalgia:

I tried to turn down the catapult strength but it looks like the lowest setting is the default setting. Any other suggestions? .

Did you try the habitrail adjustment outlined by mtdouble?

"The solution was just to move the wirerail for the catapult over to the right a little bit...just loosen the screw about 1/2 way up, slide the wirerail over a bit and tighten the screw.
It now works perfectly"

#13 8 years ago

I should have specified, I didn't think you could go below default with the catapult unlike with the flippers. Kind of silly, I guess

#14 8 years ago

Post some pics of the plastic.

#15 8 years ago

I moved the catapult a little to the right but I am still having the issue half the time. Is it safe to try to bend the end of the ramp down? Also, when I had the glass off I noticed what looked like ball trails of dirt leading to the flippers. Is this normal to start seeing that on the second day? It wasn't much but I could see the line when I had the flashlight on it. Thank you

#16 8 years ago

Ball trails are normal. Clean them up with Novus 2. As for your catapult issue, check 2 things. First, your incline should be 6.5 degrees. Second, at the top of the catapult ramp, you will see a bolt where the ramp connects to a post (on the side opposite the cabinet). Losen the bolt and push the ramp to the right about a quarter to half inch. Tighten the bolt so that the newly adjusted ramp stays in place. That will fix it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/catapult-problem-on-my-mmr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.