Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6FB2E9EA-F229-4964-89FF-2129261EFE42 (resized).jpeg
59CB2812-5FB9-4708-A5E5-579D834A098E (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
162 (resized).JPG
107 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Rarely do I do anything like this as far as giving or offering a lesser service than I am capable of and as I started to it evolved into little more of a challenge than I anticipated so I thought to capture it in the gallery.
No real purpose to say much more than that.It can be followed here and while it won't be a complete restore for reasons documented in the album it does show a different approach and some alternative solutions that might be interesting given the circumstances.
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album679

#2 6 years ago

Thank you I'm following this.
Must be very difficult for you not going all the way and making it perfect but it's still gonna be way better then most I can tell already.

#3 6 years ago

Album is updated.

107 (resized).JPG107 (resized).JPG

#4 6 years ago

Updated and heading to the finish line.

162 (resized).JPG162 (resized).JPG

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Updated and heading to the finish line.

162 (resized).JPG

Looking great!

#6 6 years ago

Have not had a chance to update the album but it is almost finished.
Ran into some missing parts and other things you really do not expect on a shop out type job but it just furthered my philosophy that approaching something as a full on restoration is better mentally because outside of the cosmetics it can be tough to know where to start and where to stop.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

59CB2812-5FB9-4708-A5E5-579D834A098E (resized).jpeg59CB2812-5FB9-4708-A5E5-579D834A098E (resized).jpeg

6FB2E9EA-F229-4964-89FF-2129261EFE42 (resized).jpeg6FB2E9EA-F229-4964-89FF-2129261EFE42 (resized).jpeg

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Rarely do I do anything like this as far as giving or offering a lesser service than I am capable of and as I started to it evolved into little more of a challenge than I anticipated so I thought to capture it in the gallery.
No real purpose to say much more than that.It can be followed here and while it won't be a complete restore for reasons documented in the album it does show a different approach and some alternative solutions that might be interesting given the circumstances.
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album679

Great album with some great tips in there. Quite a difference from your typical better-than-new work. I can see how you had to exercise self-control.
Thanks for documenting and sharing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 69.00
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 125.00
$ 10.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 400.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 199.95
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,199.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/catacomb-semi-restore-hep and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.