Catacombsnip3 (resized).JPG
Catacombsnip2 (resized).JPG
Catacombsnip (resized).JPG
20230115_134232.jpg
20230115_132630.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #217 Good summary of complicated rules on bagatelle. Posted by cottonm4 (7 years ago)

Post #244 Catacomb tips. Posted by cottonm4 (6 years ago)

Post #299 Great rule summary. Posted by cottonm4 (6 years ago)

Post #311 Catacomb rules video. Posted by OTTOgd (6 years ago)

Post #328 PAPA video linked! Posted by harbngr (6 years ago)

Post #434 Analysis of Stern production numbers Posted by Shapeshifter (5 years ago)

Post #608 Roger Sharp game review for Catacomb from 1981 Posted by Shapeshifter (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greatwichjohn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#315 6 years ago

All my glass is done on demand. Seawitch, Star Gazer, Catacomb, Nine Ball, Lightning, & Iron Maiden. I'm waiting on new tempered glass blanks, so new glass in April.

4 months later
#456 5 years ago

I was off the net during my vacation. The glass was returned to Marco for a refund. I have heard no other complaints, & part of the problem was replacement displays. I see it in other glass & display games, plus variations in production runs.

5 months later
#676 5 years ago

Backglass production goes to printing mid month. A few people are likely buying from me, or through Marco Specialties from me towards the end of the month. My Classic Stern titles: Catacomb, Seawitch, Star Gazer, Nineball, Iron Maiden, & Lightning. Still the same production used for years. UV inkjet production, 2 hits color, 2 hits white, & 1 hit gray blocking layer (hit is a single pass with curing). Pictures of Seawitch the end of 2018
New tempered glass with no logo. Vitro PPG supplies my glass, from the same 3 plants used for years. Here is the transition sale from PPG to Vitro: http://corporate.ppg.com/Media/Newsroom/2016/PPG-reaches-agreement-with-Vitro-for-sale-of-flat

IMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0011 (resized).JPGIMG_0011 (resized).JPGIMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0013 (resized).JPGIMG_0013 (resized).JPG

#679 5 years ago

I asked about that glass. What displays were in your pin. The art has been printed the same for years. There is a chance your display board might be off also. There is lots of variance in all pinball production. The glass is not at Marco Specialties (I asked again on Friday). If it was bad I would of replaced it for you or them. If anyone purchased this glass after its return please let me know if there is a problem or not. Or if you can provide any of your info on purchase & return. Any of my customers or sales from my 3 distributors around the world. Please let me know if you have quality problems which run around 5 % of my production from my printer! This is over the years of production, can be adhesion, krinkling of uv ink, or scratches to the front of the glass. Production is hard even for big printing companies. With just under 280 glass produced, there was about 13 or 14 that had to be replaced. I ask people to destroy the bad ones after a replacement arrives to verify the glass is tempered. My UPS damage is 3% of shipments, & I replace the glass & shipping on me.

#681 5 years ago

Just want to keep my customers happy! Funny how all the classic Stern pinballs the product I produce. Never owned those titles (rare in my area). Still wish I had a Quick Silver.

1 week later
#688 5 years ago

More Catacomb glass going out this month & mid/end February. If you want one this month let me know.

1 week later
#709 5 years ago

I am open to any Classic Stern playfield art coming my way. Same with backglass art ready to go. Please know I am not a art guy! All stuff has to be ready to print.

#727 5 years ago

I ran 5 Catacomb glass in the run of 15. Marco Specialties still will wait for 2. If you are interested please pay before mid Feb (glass run coming up). First 5 of 20 glass tempered blanks will be Catacomb. With TPF coming up, April will be glass run next. Only have 1 Seawitch glass. All other glass available mid Feb.

IMG_0013 (resized).JPGIMG_0013 (resized).JPG

1 year later
#1033 3 years ago

Anyone with a bad glass here is a couple of deals. So it seems like some of my last 15 tempered Stern size blanks has some minor surface defects from glass manufacturing. These are very tiny surface depressions likely fine dust during the firing process of original glass sheets before cutting & on to tempering. So if you are interested in one, the one with a number of tiny ones $200 US shipped or better one with a few $225 US shipped. Art is perfect on both. The fuzzy area is mostly the logo text. A surface enhancer is used. If you do not like it installed on bare glass you can carefully remove it with windex & paper towels large areas & q-tips close to ink edge. Here are pictures of the worst one. At players distance installed, most people would likely not know. I try & supply Marco Specialties with best quality. No one wants complaints! Offer only to USA.

IMG_0070 (resized).JPGIMG_0070 (resized).JPGIMG_0071 (resized).JPGIMG_0071 (resized).JPGIMG_0072 (resized).JPGIMG_0072 (resized).JPGIMG_0073 (resized).JPGIMG_0073 (resized).JPGIMG_0074 (resized).JPGIMG_0074 (resized).JPGIMG_0075 (resized).JPGIMG_0075 (resized).JPGIMG_0076 (resized).JPGIMG_0076 (resized).JPG
#1052 3 years ago

So there are different versions of backglass. Most people have no problem with my dark version. Over the years with this title about 3% are not happy. So 97% are happy & ok with it. So far I have only heard of a small number with white. The art supplied with my Star Gazer was dark also & I changed it to almost all white. This was the reverse only some had the dark version. Go figure with all the suppliers of glass over the years for all manufacturers of pinball games. There are more choices now for glass with the big guys wanting all the market.

#1057 3 years ago

responded looks like both are sold. I will let people know if there are anymore. another 2 & 2 seawitch to be printed from the same batch.

2 months later
#1089 3 years ago

This year I had some problems with my dark version backglass. The printer adjusted the file for some banding lines in the cavern. If you have bought one of my Catacomb glass in the past & it bothers you. You can contact me & I will refund the selling price + shipping if you destroy the glass! Hopefully I do not get any requests from outside the USA. Same with anyone who bought it through Marco Specialties (I will take care of it myself).

Jerry here is what I am saying to the guys this year with white background. If you want to keep the glass I will refund everything except $100 US. The printer has fixed the banding area & they will remain dark versions in the future. There is no rush on your part, take your time the rest of the year if you need it. Leave it in the game & if it bothers you let me know by xmas!

I will get you to wait until August when I get some funds in my paypal account. When I do, I would ask you to destroy the glass! You get a good garbage bag, & strike the glass with a hammer until it blows. Wear eye protection. It costs too much money & customs fees + taxes to return. So I will refund all your money for the glass & shipping. What I am looking for is that the glass is tempered (no logo) & should be all tiny pebbles (safety glass). In the past I had a batch that was not tempered right (glass smooth shards). If it breaks (cracks in large pieces that are sharp - the manufacturer has failed!). Thanks

The problem with pictures online is that it does not represent the entire run of a game. The 2 examples prove this. Out of 100 Catacomb glass sold, now about 5 have complained. 4 this year from owners of white versions. The printer corrected the file but it will remain dark.

2 months later
#1129 3 years ago

I am waiting on glass replacement. They put the bug on all the glass, so playfield glass I took with bug, & the 15 are going back. NO STAMP LOGO was clearly on the order!

IMG_0006 (resized).JPGIMG_0006 (resized).JPGIMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0007 (resized).JPG
2 years later
#1358 1 year ago

One of my friends has one of my repro glass he is interested in selling. The game was sold with the original glass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
$ 3.00
$ 400.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine Beach, FL
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,199.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 125.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greatwichjohn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/catacomb-club?tu=greatwichjohn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.