New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 123926)

Catacomb Club

By AlexSMendes

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,130 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Classic_Stern
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 364 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0007 (resized).JPG
IMG_0006 (resized).JPG
7B94C0A6-C4F5-472F-8C18-03A388C92C47 (resized).jpeg
4884CD4B-9A41-421B-8048-C70F7CF1DFDC (resized).jpeg
20200905_155438 (resized).jpg
DSCF6661 (resized).JPG
IMG_3886 (resized).JPG
20200509_193813 (resized).jpg
IMG_3863 (resized).JPG
Unknown (resized).jpeg
IMG_3709 (resized).JPG
Catacomb_Playfield_Schematic_Removed-Cabinet-Switches.pdf (PDF preview)
Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 3.51.22 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 3.49.10 PM (resized).png
IMG_3692 (resized).JPG
IMG_3691 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1130 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 23.
#1101 67 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Well, share your wealth of knowledge. Don't keep us in suspense.

For sure, let me get the parts to try it out first. Obviously the one things I can't really justify is one of those laser/water cutter tools that are like a zillion dollars. That and well... space.

#1102 61 days ago

Hi there,
Just wanted to know for my information what is the piece of art behind the clear part of backglass? Is it a mini playfield, a plastic, what else?
Thanks

#1103 61 days ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi there,
Just wanted to know for my information what is the piece of art behind the clear part of backglass? Is it a mini playfield, a plastic, what else?
Thanks

You can call it a mini-playfield but is more commonly called a bagatelle. In bagatelle mode, a light weight ball shoots to the top and drops into one of 4 columns

#1104 61 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You can call it a mini-playfield but is more commonly called a bagatelle. In bagatelle mode, a light weight ball shoots to the top and drops into one of 4 columns

Ok thanks.
Bagatelle is wood painted, plastic,..?

#1105 61 days ago

Ok thanks.

That's a good question; It's some sort of pressed wood. You can see fibers when unscrewing posts from it.

#1106 61 days ago

Ok thanks.

Quoted from TheLaw:

That's a good question; It's some sort of pressed wood. You can see fibers when unscrewing posts from it.

Yes. Some sort of particle board, MDF maybe. 1/2" thick. Painted white. All of the colors are silk screened I am thinking.

#1107 54 days ago

I am looking at a Catacomb to purchase and the bagatelle ball is missing. Is there a replacement for purchase?

#1108 54 days ago
Quoted from woody76:

I am looking at a Catacomb to purchase and the bagatelle ball is missing. Is there a replacement for purchase?

We can get you fixed up on the ball, I think. But in the bagatelle up on the top right hand side there are two brackets and a gate the ball must pass through. Those two brackets are unobtainum.

What does the pin look like condition wise?

CPR makes the play field and plastics. Greatwich makes the back glass. BG Resto makes the back glass. Pinball Pimp makes the cab stencils.

EDIT: The ball is a one inch wooden ball. Shipping will cost more than the ball.

https://www.caseyswood.com/shoppingcart/zen-cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=159_157&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI97PVk9rQ6wIVUvDACh3hvw51EAAYASAAEgKX5PD_BwE

#1109 54 days ago

I'm in, we found the little bagatelle ball

20200905_155438 (resized).jpg
#1110 53 days ago

Anyone know the green color of the cab? who makes the best backglass for this? I think there are 2 people making it. and is there a source for the plastic piece that holds the bagatelle ball by the flipper? I taped mine back together but would like a new one.

#1111 53 days ago
Quoted from woody76:

Anyone know the green color of the cab? who makes the best backglass for this? I think there are 2 people making it. and is there a source for the plastic piece that holds the bagatelle ball by the flipper? I taped mine back together but would like a new one.

I robbed one of the wooden play field supports from inside the cab and went to Lowes for a small can of color matched paint. It was not perfect but it was real close in color match.

I can make you the piece of plastic that holds the bagatelle in place. Actually, I have some spare material. I can cut it to size for you, make your bend marks and you can make the bends in it your self. If I ship it flat like this is will fit in an envelope and postage is 50 cents. PM me your address.

I'll do this for you for free but you have to come back and share with us a little bit of your experiences with your Big Game now that you have it playing.

Deal? You first I'll look for your input on the Big Game thread.

And then when you get this piece of plastic, you come back and tell us about Catacomb.
Am also send ing you a PM

#1112 52 days ago

I have been on this machine for hours. Very addicting and frustrating at the same time. I did finally light up the entire square with 1 extra ball but had it all lit on my third ball. I was really digging Big Game but I have to give the edge to Catacomb by just a bit as far as game play goes. I see why some folks do not have a great first impression on Catacomb. It is not one you just walk up to and immediatly love it. After probably 5 hours of playing I have a real appreciation for it now.

#1113 52 days ago
Quoted from woody76:

I have been on this machine for hours. Very addicting and frustrating at the same time. I did finally light up the entire square with 1 extra ball but had it all lit on my third ball. I was really digging Big Game but I have to give the edge to Catacomb by just a bit as far as game play goes. I see why some folks do not have a great first impression on Catacomb. It is not one you just walk up to and immediatly love it. After probably 5 hours of playing I have a real appreciation for it now.

Yeah. It took me a few hours of play to really get into it, too.

Have you had a spinner shot go bad and drain yet? If not you will

#1114 52 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

not yet, but had one really close tonight.

1 week later
#1115 45 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

had my first spinner shot drain today. It was a laser! Did have my best game yet. 2 extra balls, had 5x playfield, and cleared the toast area once and almost a second time.

#1116 45 days ago

I put in a new lamp board and added LEDs today as well. i had to replace a bad lamp socket and everything is 100% now. I like the alltek lamp boards over that no flicker LED kit.

#1117 45 days ago
Quoted from woody76:

had my first spinner shot drain today. It was a laser! Did have my best game yet. 2 extra balls, had 5x playfield, and cleared the toast area once and almost a second time.

I have lit up the bonus once and did 13 lights the 2nd time around. I do not know what happens if you get all of the bonus lit twice.

Sounds like you had a couple of killer balls.

#1118 42 days ago

Can someone get me dimensions of their backglass please? Going to have to order the translite off eBay and need to know what size glass to go with.

Also, anyone have a link to the ball in the bagatelle in the back? Thanks!

#1119 42 days ago
Quoted from The_Director:

#1120 41 days ago

Can someone get me dimensions of their backglass please? Going to have to order the translite off eBay and need to know what size glass to go with.

Marco's is out of the backglasses, but Pinisder greatwichjohn is the one who makes them and sells them direct to pinheads, and to Marcos. Try pming him to see if he has one in stock.

#1121 41 days ago

28 1/2" wide x 25 1/2" tall.

#1122 36 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

28 1/2" wide x 25 1/2" tall.

Thank you! These are 1/8" thick too, right?

#1123 36 days ago

Thank you! These are 1/8" thick too, right?

1/8”. Yes

2 weeks later
#1124 20 days ago

Did a Playfield swap, almost done. Could someone send me a pic of what under the apron looks like? I feel like there’s maybe a piece of hardware that holds that down I’m missing...

Many thanks in advance!

#1125 18 days ago

Did a Playfield swap, almost done. Could someone send me a pic of what under the apron looks like? I feel like there’s maybe a piece of hardware that holds that down I’m missing...
Many thanks in advance!

Sent

#1126 14 days ago

Anyone got a old catacomb playfield laying around from a swap? I would buy or borrow and pay all shipping back and forth. I need a playfield protector made.

#1127 13 days ago

Just noticed something weird on the field I swapped. It doesn’t have the numbers for the banks ABCD and only has the bank letters in the middle. Early run? Proto? I just noticed, but strange and have never seen.

4884CD4B-9A41-421B-8048-C70F7CF1DFDC (resized).jpeg7B94C0A6-C4F5-472F-8C18-03A388C92C47 (resized).jpeg
#1128 13 days ago

Just noticed something weird on the field I swapped. It doesn’t have the numbers for the banks ABCD and only has the bank letters in the middle. Early run? Proto? I just noticed, but strange and have never seen.
[quoted image][quoted image]

They don't need to be on those inserts. You have the A-B-C-D play field. So you have A-orange, A-red, A-blue, A-green. And all four of those are located at...

I wish my Play field was the A-B-C-D type. They are scarce. But they are out there.

Way back in the thread someone explained the logic behind the A-B-C-D play fields.

Of course, it you are upgrading with a CPR repro play field, you will give up the A-B-C-D format, since CPR followed the Magic Square format.

When you have the number type play field you have to do a mental exercise as to where Red-7 goes to. Eventually, after you play enough and your memory function kicks in you realize that Red-7 goes to "C". And blue-5 goes to "A".

#1129 10 days ago

I am waiting on glass replacement. They put the bug on all the glass, so playfield glass I took with bug, & the 15 are going back. NO STAMP LOGO was clearly on the order!

IMG_0006 (resized).JPGIMG_0007 (resized).JPG
#1130 8 days ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

I would save that playfield and have it restored properly. If you want to sell it let me know. I would be interested. Regards...CS

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 149.00
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 49.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 1130 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 23.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside