Topic Stats

• 1,068 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by vec-tor
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 353 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3709 (resized).JPG
Catacomb_Playfield_Schematic_Removed-Cabinet-Switches.pdf (PDF preview)
Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 3.51.22 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 3.49.10 PM (resized).png
IMG_3692 (resized).JPG
IMG_3691 (resized).JPG
IMG_3687 (resized).JPG
IMG_3684 (resized).JPG
IMG_3682 (resized).JPG
Catacomb_Switches_Diodes.png
Catacomb_Playfield_Schematic_Removed-Cabinet-Switches.pdf (PDF preview)
Cat instructions 1 (resized).jpeg
Cat instructions (resized).jpeg
IMG_0076 (resized).JPG
IMG_0075 (resized).JPG
IMG_0074 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1068 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.
#1051 15 days ago

It has arrived.

IMG_3682 (resized).JPG
IMG_3684 (resized).JPG
IMG_3691 (resized).JPG
IMG_3687 (resized).JPG
IMG_3692 (resized).JPG

The fonts are different. I would have preferred the original. But I won't notice after it installed and ready to play.

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 3.49.10 PM (resized).png

And Joesph Joos signature is a little weak.

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 3.51.22 PM (resized).png

The clear is smooth and shiny. I close my eyes and run my hand across the play field. I cannot feel any inserts. I REALLY like the white inserts they are using. They are sort of a milky white, sort of translucent but not really. They have a soft look to them.

Other than the two minor discrepancies I listed, I do not see any other flaws. I see no need to apply additional clear coats.

The clear is cured. The play field is ready for build up. ( that will be a bit in the future).

I'm happy. I would buy it again.

#1052 15 days ago

So there are different versions of backglass. Most people have no problem with my dark version. Over the years with this title about 3% are not happy. So 97% are happy & ok with it. So far I have only heard of a small number with white. The art supplied with my Star Gazer was dark also & I changed it to almost all white. This was the reverse only some had the dark version. Go figure with all the suppliers of glass over the years for all manufacturers of pinball games. There are more choices now for glass with the big guys wanting all the market.

#1053 15 days ago
Quoted from Quench:

Changed the wire color for the "Drop Target Reset Bank A" coil from "R-B" to "R-BLU". The manual and SDB schematic show it this way. Correct me if it's actually wrong.

Drop Target "A" does have the red/blue wire. Your action is correct.

Quoted from Quench:

BTW, any chance if you can confirm whether the pop bumper switches have capacitors?

My pop bumper switches do NOT have capacitors installed.

Carry on.

#1054 15 days ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

So there are different versions of backglass. Most people have no problem with my dark version. Over the years with this title about 3% are not happy. So 97% are happy & ok with it. So far I have only heard of a small number with white. The art supplied with my Star Gazer was dark also & I changed it to almost all white. This was the reverse only some had the dark version. Go figure with all the suppliers of glass over the years for all manufacturers of pinball games. There are more choices now for glass with the big guys wanting all the market.

John, I just sent you a PM. I need a Catacomb back glass. I'll take one of these you have offered.

#1055 15 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

My pop bumper switches do NOT have capacitors installed.

Thankyou.
Last mod I hope, I've removed the coil marked "Backbox Playfield" from the playfield schematic - it's actually the bagatelle playfield enable relay which is behind the bagatelle and it's on your bagatelle schematic.

Unfortunately I can no longer change the work in progress playfield schematic in post #1040 so here it is.

Catacomb Playfield schematic

#1056 15 days ago
Quoted from Quench:

Thankyou.
Last mod I hope, I've removed the coil marked "Backbox Playfield" from the playfield schematic - it's actually the bagatelle playfield enable relay which is behind the bagatelle and it's on your bagatelle schematic.
Unfortunately I can no longer change the work in progress playfield schematic in post #1040 so here it is.
[quoted image]

Very nice.

I am going to have to go buy a proper sheet of drawing paper and redo my bagatelle drawing. I have figured out how I can do the lettering and numbering without me trying to do that with my clumsy hand.

EDIT: So I do not sound ungrateful, thank you! for all you have done to clean this drawing up.

#1057 14 days ago

responded looks like both are sold. I will let people know if there are anymore. another 2 & 2 seawitch to be printed from the same batch.

#1058 14 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

EDIT: So I do not sound ungrateful, thank you! for all you have done to clean this drawing up.

Cheers, I'll have to scan and update the lower cabinet schematic with the items that are missing (left flipper bagatelle switch, and speaker/volume control). Maybe next week. Then there's the power/transformer diagram to include the bagatelle power wire, and the backbox wiring diagram.. it doesn't end

#1059 14 days ago
Quoted from Quench:

Cheers, I'll have to scan and update the lower cabinet schematic with the items that are missing (left flipper bagatelle switch, and speaker/volume control). Maybe next week. Then there's the power/transformer diagram to include the bagatelle power wire, and the backbox wiring diagram.. it doesn't end

Yes, it does not end. The four columns in the backbox need to be addressed. .

While inside the back box rooting around, I see each column has a trip wire that corresponds with each drop target. Bank "C" is triggered by a Y/W wire at the drop target cage and also has a corresponding wire at a Bagatelle column. I have not yet traced the bagatelle wires to their source.

So, when you shoot the bagatelle, one of the three bagatelle switches also resets the drop target.

#1060 13 days ago

psyched.

just got my cpr playfield. Ordered a new backglass. In a couple of months, my cat will be heading to the blocks for a full rebuild.

#1061 13 days ago
Quoted from harbngr:

psyched.
just got my cpr playfield. Ordered a new backglass. In a couple of months, my cat will be heading to the blocks for a full rebuild.

You doing the PCB lighting?

Quoted from TheLaw:

Things to look out for
Dimple position for top rollovers, eXpecially left
Dimple position for right saucer hardware
Dimple position for right saucer plastic switch
Dimple position for right slingshot hardware
Hmm....i think those are the only issues I had
You'll have to drill the lane guide by flippers

#1062 13 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You doing the PCB lighting?

Ya, really thinking about it. Also thinking about doing the alltek led board as well.

Ran into the dimpling issue when I swapped out my flight 2000. so well aware of that issue now, unfortunately.

#1063 12 days ago
Quoted from harbngr:

Ya, really thinking about it. Also thinking about doing the alltek led board as well.
Ran into the dimpling issue when I swapped out my flight 2000. so well aware of that issue now, unfortunately.

Get the PCBs. you will not be sorry. Well, at least I am not sorry.

#1064 11 days ago

Oh, what a thrill. My best Catacomb score ever. It took playing a lot games to get this score on this short ball time pinball. I lit the Bonus section up twice ! It was a gas.

Previous best score was the other day for 1.5 million.

Catacomb is masterpiece of pinball wizardry.

IMG_3709 (resized).JPG

#1065 11 days ago

sweet score there cotton, think you beat my top score by a little over 100k.

I agree as well, this pin rocks it. So much so that i invested the money to do a rebuild.

#1066 11 days ago
Quoted from harbngr:

sweet score there cotton, think you beat my top score by a little over 100k.
I agree as well, this pin rocks it. So much so that i invested the money to do a rebuild.

Like you, I bought a new play field. And I just bought a Greenwich back glass ( I imagine you bought the other one ). I am going take it up all the way. My problem is my cabinet, while not perfect, is too nice to restore. Maybe if I can find a beater I can swap cabinets and do the cab, too.

#1067 10 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Like you, I bought a new play field. And I just bought a Greenwich back glass ( I imagine you bought the other one ). I am going take it up all the way. My problem is my cabinet, while not perfect, is too nice to restore. Maybe if I can find a beater I can swap cabinets and do the cab, too.

Ya, my cab is pretty decent. But if I'm going the playfield and glass. might as well go the full level on the cab as well. hoping i can find someone local to replate the mechs with nickle, not a huge fan of going all chrome.

#1068 8 days ago

Thanks shapeshifter & cottonm4 for the heads up on the CPR Catacomb playfield.
I finally got one... sadly I am a little disappointed on the black line art detail... All the
wisps of smoke lines and dots are missing ; I guess it is better than nothing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Killeen, TX
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 19.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
There are 1068 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside