Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Darkwing
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1056.jpg
    IMG_1055.jpg
    DSC00070.jpg
    DSC00071.JPG
    DSC00042.JPG
    th-1-653.jpeg
    #1 10 years ago

all machines are filthy, and broken machines outnumber working ones. the only good thing was nobody was there playing them so you had your pick of trashed pin to choose from.

#2 10 years ago

Really sad. I hear this place was glorious back in its heyday.

#3 10 years ago

yes they used to have quiet the line up, but trimed all there a-listers a few years back and over the last year they seem to not maintain anything.

good news is the vegas pinball hall of fame is only severial hours away. and if a machine is down (with over 100 machines sometimes things happen) they at least turn it off.

#4 10 years ago

I was there in 2007 or 08. I thought I had arrived in heaven. With the latest reports, I will not return. I would rather remember it the way it was.

#5 10 years ago

Yeah, we're all pretty sad about the decline of C&C. It's only about 15 minutes from my house and for awhile they had nights with $10 unlimited play for 3 hours while they still had that whole center island full of pins. Now they've still got the $10 deal but you'd go just to play Robotron and Joust and hope that a few of the pins are playable.

#6 10 years ago

Did you say anything to the arcade manager? I hope people are giving feedback so they understand there are people who want to play the pinballs, but won't because of how poorly they are maintained.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I was there in 2007 or 08. I thought I had arrived in heaven. With the latest reports, I will not return. I would rather remember it the way it was.

that whole sunken floor curved ring of pins is gone- they moved about 1/3 of there invatory up top stairs along the wall. & that would be not so bad if everymachine left was at least cleaned up. i can understand a pin at a pizza joint or bowling allie haveing a machine left by an op maybe being a little dirty (i dont exspect the staff to bust lose cleaning them up), but theses are there own machines. im not just talking a chiped plastic or worn rubber here or there, im talking broken flippers and machines that black out mid play....

the funny stuff was i turned off a broke machine, and when i seen the next staff worker 15 minets later i told him they might want want to look at this particular machine he sneered "dont you ever turn off a machine you come and get us". now im like, that pin can catch fire with all i care, i play the one down the line untill i run this prepaid card out.

the embarrasing thing is i took someone with me that is new to pinball and i wantted to show him a variety of pins so he can get a feel for what he likes for buying his first pin- later i had to admit to him that hey theses pins are in such lame cond you cant really judge anything from them- my em's have way better action.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from haiderdj:

Did you say anything to the arcade manager? I hope people are giving feedback so they understand there are people who want to play the pinballs, but won't because of how poorly they are maintained.

honestly i did not- was thinking today maybe i should have, but part of me thinks they must know and just dont care- this could not have happed overnight. 6 months ago last time i was in the phx vally area they were nothing like the good old days but i at least found some enjoyment and it was not a total waist of money and time.

great news is zapcom is comming im really looking forward to that again this year. had alot of fun there last year.

#9 10 years ago

Zapcon is a blast. Hope that you are planning on attending.

I would suggest a call to the C&C arcade manager.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from haiderdj:

Zapcon is a blast. Hope that you are planning on attending.
    I would suggest a call to the C&C arcade manager.

yes- really gonna try to make it this year to zapcon. they had a good selection of pins last year, have you heard if there exspecting simalar number of games this year?

#11 10 years ago

I've never been there, but with all of this, I wouldn't go there to play pinball. I can do that at home.

th-1-653.jpegth-1-653.jpeg

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I've never been there, but with all of this, I wouldn't go there to play pinball. I can do that at home.

th-1-653.jpeg 35 KB

funny you mention that, the first thing did when i got down here was pick up a couple pins to do some regular play on- but this fellow former class mate from high school i met up with yesterday is looking for dmd game so i thought lets try some pins there in the wild.

also- there fotographer for the coaster, is far better than there pin maintaing staff, there coaster would not hold any interest for you being from cal its way smaller than the pitcher infers

#13 10 years ago

I'm guessing that maintaining that coaster is a higher priority for them. In Anaheim there is Camelot, a miniature golf course that was home to at least a hundred top pinball machines in the late ninetys, all in top condition. Those have been whittled down to a couple of non-operational beaters in the back room. So I feel your pain. I used to spend hours there when I owned none myself.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm guessing that maintaining that coaster is a higher priority for them. In Anaheim there is Camelot, a miniature golf course that was home to at least a hundred top pinball machines in the late ninetys, all in top condition. Those have been whittled down to a couple of non-operational beaters in the back room. So I feel your pain. I used to spend hours there when I owned none myself.

hey you get a shake this morning, i was over there a week back and was wondering about quakes, i hear you had one this am.....

benn getting some fun in on theses when not looking for pins in the wild. been a riot, new rubber should get in today or tomarrow i hope,

DSC00042.JPGDSC00042.JPG
    DSC00071.JPGDSC00071.JPG
    DSC00070.jpgDSC00070.jpg

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from lladnip:

i was over there a week back and was wondering about quakes, i hear you had one this am.....

Yeah, I woke up at some un-godly hour this morning to feel it and hear my window rattle. I considered getting up and going outside just in case it was just getting started, but decided to go back to sleep instead.Turns out it was only a tremor..

#16 10 years ago

I was there on both saturday and sunday for a hour or 2 each day. Machine are in bad shape and filthy. But i did manage to get my initials up on at least 3 games.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, I woke up at some un-godly hour this morning to feel it and hear my window rattle. I considered getting up and going outside just in case it was just getting started, but decided to go back to sleep instead.Turns out it was only a tremor..

my luck i would be in my best game ever and it would tilt the game and eat my bonus. lol well im glad everything is ok over there.

i was about 3 or 4 floors up off harbor road there a week back and was thinking im not sure i would want to be there in a shake down.

#18 10 years ago

I was there last year and it wasnt TOO bad. Machines played, some had issues, but were ok. This is sad news. I frequent this place when I am in PHX.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from CptAwesomest:

I was there on both saturday and sunday for a hour or 2 each day. Machine are in bad shape and filthy. But i did manage to get my initials up on at least 3 games.

congrats- i tried to give you the thumbs up, but for some reason its not reading, i owe you 1.......

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from lladnip:

im glad everything is ok over there.

Me too! I'm not sure I felt the major one this time, because I woke up much earlier than when they say it happened. It's strange that I always wake up before the shaking starts.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from lladnip:

yes- really gonna try to make it this year to zapcon. they had a good selection of pins last year, have you heard if there exspecting simalar number of games this year?

Here's the list of games that we're expecting so far for Zapcon: http://zapcon.com/games.php

The list will change a little bit due to different sales/acquisitions in the community, but it gives you a pretty good idea.

#22 10 years ago

A few years back they had Tournaments, I played in a few Tourney's. The guy who ran the arcade at the time was a into pinball, so the games were all 100% working and always clean. He no longer works there and the place has went down hill ever since.

#23 10 years ago

I was there back in May of 2005! Enjoyed it... IMG_1056.jpgIMG_1056.jpgIMG_1055.jpgIMG_1055.jpg

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

A few years back they had Tournaments, I played in a few Tourney's. The guy who ran the arcade at the time was a into pinball, so the games were all 100% working and always clean. He no longer works there and the place has went down hill ever since.

thx for the info- this makes pretty good sense, certainly could not imagine a tournament there now.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

I was there back in May of 2005! Enjoyed it...

IMG_1055.jpg 65 KB

IMG_1056.jpg 75 KB

thx for the pics of yesteryear, thats the way i used to remember it.

#26 10 years ago

Please email or call and let them know on website. Every little thing counts.

#27 10 years ago

will do

Quoted from Jackontherocks:Please email or call and let them know on website. Every little thing counts.

1 week later
    #28 10 years ago
    Quoted from lladnip:

thx for the pics of yesteryear, thats the way i used to remember it

I enjoyed it when I was there... kind of sad to hear the more recent stories.

#29 10 years ago

Growing up in Phoenix and being able to ride my bike there in the 80s is why I am a pinhead!!!

1 year later
    #30 8 years ago

Anyone been here recently? Was there over a year ago and they had some upstairs (indy jones and some others).

Do they have any new Sterns?

7 months later
    #31 7 years ago

Heads up, Castles has a nice MMR to go with their TWD now. All the other games are hit or miss

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/castles-n-coasters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.