Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Xenon75
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Casters as levelers vs. Pinskates”

• Pinskates 7 votes
      54%
    • Casters 6 votes
      46%

(13 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20210321_170725 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210321_170654 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zhu808.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Aloha,

I think Pinskates are great, and I want some... However, $170 before shipping is a little steep. I know they're worth it, but geez. My MS Frank pin has casters in place of the back leg levelers and I've had no problem whatsoever moving the machine around on my own.

So, what do you think? Casters on the back, or buy Pinskates? I've got a new machine(s) coming in, and a set of casters costs around $7. And here are the ones I'm looking at:

(Pics attached)

Thanks,

z

IMG_20210321_170654 (resized).jpgIMG_20210321_170654 (resized).jpgIMG_20210321_170725 (resized).jpgIMG_20210321_170725 (resized).jpg
    #5 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Pinskates are great. They are the best thing for moving pins. They allow you to move a pin over nearly ANY surface, over cords and other objects, and allow you to move it solo. They also require the least effort and are the least damaging to pins.

Thanks @Daditude. I would very much like some, and I'll probably break down and buy a set, but right now I'm working on a tight budget and my "game room" is just a plain wooden floor, so casters are adequate. But yeah... I'm sure I'll be picking up Pinskates sooner than later.

z

#6 3 years ago

ForceFlow Your two cents please?

P.S. Nice high scores. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

#9 3 years ago

ForceFlow

Cool. Thanks for your input. I'll check out the thread!

By the way, I'm not nudging because I have rubber floor guards on the front levelers and I'm afraid of ripping the legs off the machine and damaging the floor...

So for me, casters are okay, but... They're not my favorite - they're just my favorite price.

Again, thank you.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

How often are you moving this game around? I would just get a set of the furniture sliders for when you need them. Cheap and way easier to slide under and move a game if you need to.

grantopia

Only as often as I need to. I might look into your idea - it sounds pretty good too although I worry about stress on the leg joints even though it's sliding around. You have experience with this method I presume?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zhu808.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/casters-as-levelers-vs-pinskates?tu=zhu808 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.