Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

eird-al-yankovic-tin-foil-hat-160x160 (resized).jpg
    _20230530_115456 (resized).JPG
    _20230530_115112 (resized).JPG
    _20230530_114819 (resized).JPG
    _20230530_114929 (resized).JPG
    464727F4-F1A4-4F07-98E4-CBBC108089B2 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zitt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 2 years ago

And they asked for an ID, right?
    My bank started requiring an gov ID to prove I'm the person who is making the deposit or some such bs.
    Even though; it's my account... I'm using my deposit slip... and probably used their bank card to "sign into" the account at the teller.

I was quiet angry when the did that to me.. I actually made the bank manager come out to my car (in the drive thru) making it clear I wasn't happy that I was depositing cash (less than 600) - the currency of the united states into my account with my deposit slip. And they had the gall to require my id?
    When did it become "ok" for banks to require an ID to transact currency in the account you own?

I think they made some bs comment about criminals laundering money or some such jazz. I'm sure someone here will point to a "law" which the government enacted that this policy is based upon... but honestly, I'm with the op and others that it's BS.

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

Sounds like big bank bs like bank of America or Santander.

Correct. I had the account when it was washington mutual whom was bought by Chase shortly after I moved to TX.
    Chase is the arsehats with that policy.

I should just move my checking to Austin Telco where I have my refi-ed Truck loan... but alas, they know I'm lazy and they haven't pissed me off enough yet to make the jump.

The id thing pissed me off at the time... but the more concerning matter is that with my local branch; i have to be careful about using the lobby during "quiet periods" because they have too many "personal bankers" whom run interference for the sole purpose of trying to ensure I have all the product they can offer me. It very much feels like a used-car-salesman atmosphere.
    Hasn't happened since Covid started; but if it returns... that might be the straw that forces a change.

1 year later
    #82 10 months ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:stop offering 0.3% in interest.

Much agreement. My current "escrow account" via a well known internet bank offers 3.5% apy. They get all my savings funds.

Quoted from Crash:

permanently take a portion of your balance out of your account to improve their liquidity if the bank

That seems to be written poorly. They can't seize funds from your account. Right?!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zitt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cash-transactions-and-the-bank?tu=Zitt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.