Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PennSkier
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dinot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 10 years ago

Outside of cash, a wire transfer is the safest for the seller. Set it up so that you can call your bank to initiate the transfer once you see the game.

I just sold my very nice MM, and the seller brought cash.

Also, I just bought a game with Paypal (close to 4K). I was a little surprised as Paypal is not guaranteed. An unscrupulous buyer can later challenge the transaction. But I am an honest guy and the seller trusted me. I also picked up the fees. (Why should the seller be stuck with fees when he/she can sell it for cash)
    There were fees because I paid with a credit card. I was going to wait on my bonus from work to buy a game I wanted, but a good deal came up 2 weeks before my bonus, so I charged it and then paid it off 2 weeks later when I got my bonus.

#77 10 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

I did not see the random mugging as the problem. It is the fact that you are going to meet a person that has advertised a very expensive item for you to purchase. You are going to buy something for several $K in his home turf. There is always the possibility of getting baiting into bringing a lot of cash to them. We do not hear about it happening much now but the risk increases with the price of machines. As they cost more, it is only a matter of time before thieves decide it is worth running the scams with them.

I haven't worried much about this since when buying a pin you ask specific questions that only another pinball owner would know.
    For example, you ask about wear, condition of cabinet, plastics. You also ask for pictures. Also, you are typically meeting at the persons home. (Not always though)
    I can see smaller ticket items being much more of a target for scammers. iPads, jewelry, etc..

I don't recall someone being outright robbed during a pin purchase. You do hear of people getting ripped off when buying a pin remotely. Typically this is, the condition was not as advertised.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dinot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cash-only-sale-have-you-done-this?tu=dinot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.