(Topic ID: 275672)

"Cash on the glass" - you travel to unknowns with that kind of money?

By lancestorm

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 188 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by sbmania
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Joke (resized).jpg
    E7DFCE67-5A12-4080-B13B-C2C9689723EF (resized).png
    gn (resized).jpg
    FF6217FA-99CD-410A-A91F-8B9EB9DC4856 (resized).jpeg
    13A51855-43C9-4A42-9385-AA66B8BCFAA0 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    B1631DE4-99FF-4257-93B5-E7DCD8088A5A (resized).jpeg
    6C949336-A2CC-4C2B-AC78-215B83B04816 (resized).jpeg
    F9C0283D-A925-444F-A9D8-589F784AF835 (resized).jpeg
    B6C1A361-2F50-4890-A286-67D0779F9060 (resized).jpeg
    119 (resized).jpg
    tenor (9).gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomass.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

I just don't understand this business about bringing a gun. So, let me understand how this scenario would work: You go with $5,000 and a gun, presumably concealed. The person then pulls a gun on you and tries to rob you. You now have a choice of (a) giving the money and walking away, or (b) doing a fast draw and pulling out your gun? Is that right, or am I missing something? And, then if you choose option (b), it seems to me that you have a decent chance of getting shot yourself. Other possibilities are shooting the other person -- not ideal -- or having the other person back-off -- seemingly unlikely at this point when two guns are out. I'm seriously just trying to understand it because there have been a number of threads now where people talk about bringing a gun to a pinball purchase. It really doesn't seem worth it to me. It sucks to be robbed, but it sucks worse to have your life end or end someone else's.

Never draw from the drop. Play along and wait for your opportunity, because it will come. Then you shoot until the threat is eliminated.

#55 3 years ago

In AK you don't need a permit to conceal carry. The only time I open carry is when I carry the .44 mag, but that is for bear protection. The main point of carrying concealed is no one sees that I have a gun. Even shorts and a tshirt hide my 1911.

#88 3 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Absolutely. Shows you're too scared to leave your house without feeling you need to defend yourself from something. It's the textbook definition of a wimp.

Well, I would feel negligent if something happened and I was not prepared to protect my wife and kids. If you want to call me a coward for protecting my family, that says more about you than me.

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

Most criminals don't invite you to their home to rob you. That would be stupid even for a criminal. They are much more likely to give you the address of an abandoned house or want to meet in a somewhat out of the way place.

This is exactly right. Also, I always try to have a friend with me to help carry and watch my back. I've done it this way many times and have never encountered a problem.
    As far as carrying concealed, as others have said, I really don't want to shoot someone over a few thousand dollars. I would just prefer to avoid the situation entirely. But in today's world there is absolutely no guarantee that a criminal will just rob you and go on his way. You are very likely to get shot or stabbed or beaten up for any number of reasons after they have taken your money. Wrong place at the wrong time, some perceived disrespect, a desire to silence witnesses, a mistake, the wrong type of clothing. Passivity is no guarantee of safety. If I were guaranteed that the absolute worst thing that could happen to me would be loss of some cash - that's one thing. But I am not prepared to allow someone to kill me without at least attempting to defend myself. Nothing in life is guaranteed. The best we can hope for in most things is to tip the odds a little more in our favor. [quoted image]

Exactly. If it is just money or things, you don't risk your life for it. If you are in danger, you protect yourself.

#107 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballOsp:

No but imagining events that are unlikely to pass is the definition of Fear.
    It's not like we live in a 3rd world country where it genuinely IS unsafe.
    America is a nation of cowards hiding behind a thin veil of 'freedom' and 'preparedness' and we're watching our country burn with no end in sight. A gun in your pocket is not going to change that.

Sorry, but I have had a couple close encounters with Grizzly bears, and every time I wad glad I had my gun. One time I had the whole family with me. Things can and do happen. Riots, carjackings, road rager with a gun.

#122 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Actually, my area is quite safe since it is assumed that everyone back here owns a gun. Never had a use for one and they’re not welcome on my property. My preference. That’s all I’m saying.

Nothing wrong with having that opinion, but I would not advertise it. The wrong person sees an unarmed home as a target. Granted you are probably safe posting it here, but I would certainly not tell too many people.
    I know we have gotten way off topic, but responsible gun owners are not your threat. Everyone I know hopes they never have to pull it out. If you have to use it, it would be a terrible day that you would have to live with for the rest of your life so there is a huge responsibility in carrying. Luckily I only had to show my gun one time on people years ago. With a preagnant wife and party of drugged up goons coming down to start trouble at my door, I only had to show that it was in my waistband and they stopped like they hit a wall. Thank God I did not have to use, but thank God I had it.

#143 3 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Because you're not a coward like some of the people in this thread.

Why do you resort to name calling whem someone has a different opinion than you? It only shows immaturity.

#144 3 years ago

I could say someone is a coward for not taking the responsibility to carry. You may be put in a situation that you need to decide to risk your life to save someone or just be a coward and run. But I won't, because it is a personal choice. You do like personal choice, do you not?

#169 3 years ago

Do you guys wear seatbelts in your car? I mean you can drive for years and never have an accident. Why on earth would you even need to have a seatbelt in your car?

#176 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

If an accident tries anything, I'll pull out my gun and unload in its f**king face. It would be the last mistake that accident ever makes.

I usually encourage everyone to arm themselves, but you may have some anger issues you should deal with first.

#181 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

[quoted image]

Lol. Yes, I got it. Mine was a joke too. I guess I should have put a laughing things, but I don't usually use those faces. I will for this one though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomass.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cash-on-the-glass-you-travel-to-unknowns-with-that-kind-of-money?tu=tomass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.