(Topic ID: 275672)

"Cash on the glass" - you travel to unknowns with that kind of money?

By lancestorm

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 188 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by sbmania
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Joke (resized).jpg
    E7DFCE67-5A12-4080-B13B-C2C9689723EF (resized).png
    gn (resized).jpg
    FF6217FA-99CD-410A-A91F-8B9EB9DC4856 (resized).jpeg
    13A51855-43C9-4A42-9385-AA66B8BCFAA0 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    B1631DE4-99FF-4257-93B5-E7DCD8088A5A (resized).jpeg
    6C949336-A2CC-4C2B-AC78-215B83B04816 (resized).jpeg
    F9C0283D-A925-444F-A9D8-589F784AF835 (resized).jpeg
    B6C1A361-2F50-4890-A286-67D0779F9060 (resized).jpeg
    119 (resized).jpg
    tenor (9).gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnypinball007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 3 years ago

I have only bought new from a distro, and my gun is always with me. (I have a permit).

I am not worried about the distro, I am just prepared in case my truck were to break down.

What worries me the most is when I am on the side of a road, if someone else stops, not sure if they are stopping to help me, or try to rob me.

I also hate NJ and NY as far as gun laws. We used to go to amusement parks up there. (the 3 Six Flags parks).

My permit is good in most states that I want to go to anyway, so that is cool.

#56 3 years ago

It has been said before:

A good guy with a gun is a very good thing, because if you need help right this minute the cops may be 20 minutes away.

(I do have a story from 30 years ago that I am very glad I had a gun handy).

#66 3 years ago

In our local news the last 10 years I have heard of one Craigslist deal that was a car and there was a robbery(may have been a murder also?)

In the last 10 years on the local news I have seen maybe 20 stories about Craigslist and 500.00 sneakers, or a X-box, and robbery and murder.

I have never seen a news story of anyone getting robbed when buying a pin, but I have 100% seen many stories about 500.00 shoes.

For your own safety, please stay away from the shoe ads on Craigslist.

#105 3 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

I would never let a buyer put the game in their car before getting paid (except maybe if I already knew them). Game is paid for before it’s disassembled or moved from the inspection spot.

I had a repeat buyer that was not planning on buying anything, he was just here to take some pictures of a pin I was about to put on here.

He decided he wanted one of my games, and since he was in his car we loaded it on my truck and I hauled it to his house. I was paid at his house.

I donated to Pinside even though I did not sell here, because I met the guy here in the past.

(and a gun was in my truck the whole time in case I were to break down. There are some areas here now that are almost 3rd world. If your area is still awesome I am very happy for you).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnypinball007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cash-on-the-glass-you-travel-to-unknowns-with-that-kind-of-money?tu=johnnypinball007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.