(Topic ID: 275672)

"Cash on the glass" - you travel to unknowns with that kind of money?

By lancestorm

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 188 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by sbmania
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Joke (resized).jpg
    E7DFCE67-5A12-4080-B13B-C2C9689723EF (resized).png
    gn (resized).jpg
    FF6217FA-99CD-410A-A91F-8B9EB9DC4856 (resized).jpeg
    13A51855-43C9-4A42-9385-AA66B8BCFAA0 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    B1631DE4-99FF-4257-93B5-E7DCD8088A5A (resized).jpeg
    6C949336-A2CC-4C2B-AC78-215B83B04816 (resized).jpeg
    F9C0283D-A925-444F-A9D8-589F784AF835 (resized).jpeg
    B6C1A361-2F50-4890-A286-67D0779F9060 (resized).jpeg
    119 (resized).jpg
    tenor (9).gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ejs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 3 years ago

I had a cop fly out to MSP airport, meet me in baggage and then we walked out to parking ramp to transact on a NOS playfield I was selling. Somehow he was able to board the plane with the playfield. When we concluded business I helped him find ticketing/check in and we both laughed a little about how we had our guard up doing a deal in the parking lot like that wondering if that was the best idea. In theory he could have checked (or even carried) a piece on the flight out but generally I had the advantage of knowing he was likely unarmed where I could have been. Neither of us were.

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jeffswack:

This may sound classist but I dont really care. I've google maps street viewed the address at each of my pickups. Each time, its been a really nice house that put me at ease. Can't tell you what I'd do if it looked sketchy though.

It really doesn’t hurt to do that. I’ve done it.

Also if you have pics beforehand you can usually get an idea of what you are dealing with. If there is an eBay watermark you know something’s up.

If they ask if you’d like to see pictures of the transmission you know it’s the scammers who hang out on Mr. Pinball

#117 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I thought to myself that I might need to start carrying a gun in the truck that I can grab before heading inside if things look fishy. I have a perfect .380 that fits neatly in my pocket and you would never know it was there.

If you live in Cocoa you probably didn’t have to look too far to find one.

#141 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Meanwhile C was watching everything through a secret peephole

C as in ceiling cat? (That’s an old meme)

#142 3 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Sure there are people out there that are trying to ruin your day. But the VAST MAJORITY of people are decent.

Yes people are good in general but they aren’t often talked about as much as they don’t make for the best news stories.

#153 3 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

How they look at a pin in TX.
    [quoted image]

Seems legit. One of those keys in his hand should open the coin door.

Now for the hard part finding the back box key alone so you don’t have 10lbs of crap swinging by the top of the backbox while trying to lift out the glass.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ejs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cash-on-the-glass-you-travel-to-unknowns-with-that-kind-of-money?tu=ejs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.