(Topic ID: 275672)

"Cash on the glass" - you travel to unknowns with that kind of money?

By lancestorm

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 188 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by sbmania
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Joke (resized).jpg
    E7DFCE67-5A12-4080-B13B-C2C9689723EF (resized).png
    gn (resized).jpg
    FF6217FA-99CD-410A-A91F-8B9EB9DC4856 (resized).jpeg
    13A51855-43C9-4A42-9385-AA66B8BCFAA0 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    B1631DE4-99FF-4257-93B5-E7DCD8088A5A (resized).jpeg
    6C949336-A2CC-4C2B-AC78-215B83B04816 (resized).jpeg
    F9C0283D-A925-444F-A9D8-589F784AF835 (resized).jpeg
    B6C1A361-2F50-4890-A286-67D0779F9060 (resized).jpeg
    119 (resized).jpg
    tenor (9).gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Iwasthebruce.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#161 3 years ago

I'm always strapped and always keep cash locked in the car until the deal is final.

Recently went to look at a potential pin and during inspection I opened the coin door to find a loaded High Point in the coin box. Asked the owner if he'd like to relocate his boat anchor before I continued opening the machine up...he apologized and we continued to inspect.

Ended up walking away from the deal, not because of that, just wasn't the right pin for the price.

After that, I also now Google Earth the house to see what kind of house or neighborhood I'm going to. Knowledge is power!

#165 3 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Lets have a mental thought experiment.
    You have messages with seller. You show up at a random location with 10k in your pocket for a game. You go into their basement to inspect the game.
    Now let’s think about the possible out comes.
    1) you buy the game and leave. No problem.
    2) the guy robs you..... ok, how does this happen?
    A) he pulls a gun on you says give me your money and leave my house.
    A1) your unarmed and dont want to give up your money without a fight, you get shot, but manage to leave with your life. You go to the hospital with a gun shot wound, the cops get called and go charge them and get your money back.
    A2) you have a gun, but he pulls one and says give me all your money. You have a shootout in their basement and die. Now they have your $10k and a dead body in their basement. Someone hears the shots, cops come. They go to jail. (How many people have died getting a pinball machine?)
    A3) you have a gun, but he pulls one and says give me all your money. You have a shootout in their basement and kill them. Now you have to “get outta there before anyone finds out?” (I don’t really know what you would do) cops are coming for you, was it worth it? You keep your $10k but go to jail for man slaughter.
    A4) you have a gun, but he pulls one and says give me all your money. You walk out of their basement like nothing happened because after seeing your gun the bad guys decide to let you just go?
    I’m sure there are some more likely outcomes, let’s keep this thought experiment going. I want to hear from some of you guys that carry guns to sales. If things turn bad, how do the events play out in your mind? What are the possible out comes that you will experience with or without a gun?

Hm, not saying your crazy, but police are useless when it comes to stolen cash, speaking from personal experience.
    Had my house robbed when I was in college, whoever it was stole around $4k cash during the invasion (no one was home at the time).
    Called police, they came out and made a report, told me that I couldn't claim the cash, even though I had a slip from the bank showing the recent withdrawal...

They never caught the crook(s), like that is any kind of surprise...

#182 3 years ago

Anyone ever have any issue getting paid via Paypal on a sale? Are there any downsides?

#184 3 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Even using Paypal "friends & family" the buyer can do a chargeback if they use a credit card to pay through Paypal. And Paypal will side with the buyer 100% of the time. So the seller will have no machine and no money if the buyer plays that game. I would never take Paypal for any large dollar transaction.

Good to know! I figured you couldn't trust these digital middle men...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Iwasthebruce.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cash-on-the-glass-you-travel-to-unknowns-with-that-kind-of-money?tu=Iwasthebruce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.